Reviews for Our Broken Melody
RuskaSky chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
This is beautifully written! So well done and made me teary - FFIX's ending is just gorgeous, it gets to me even after playing it for 6 times (no lie!).

I really like your idea on how Garnet developed or rather remembered the song. This one shot is so beautiful, definitely a fav for me :)
David Sawyer chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
An interesting, yet entertaining perception of the sequence ofcevents surrounding the final cutscene, and I must confess Ienjoyed reminiscing about the scene in this new light. Not an original idea but top marks for creativity and entertainment value. One thing I will say is that it is nice to see apeice which has ties as strong asthis to the original final fantasy ix story, as opposed to spinning off on some random and much less enjoyable tangent. Once again, superb sense of creativity, least of all in the development of Garnet's iconic melody, inspired.

Good stuff PEANUT v1.2, will keepyou on my radar.

As always, your favourite Square Enix employee, DaveSawyer1976
Fan-Nanaka chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Aw, I'm almost crying right now ! This is the kind of stories I needed after playing so many times to this marvelous game ! Although I don't agree on 2 tiny points (the fact she realizes as soon as she sees him that he really came back alive and well, and the line where you said she directly ran through the doors when Beatrix and Steiner opened them), the whole fanfiction is great, I mean it !

More precisions about the 2 tiny points (I just want to share my opinion, no harm) : 1 - If I remember well, when he takes off the mantle, she gazes at him, as if she was trying to convince herself that it was real. (she even frowns and squints ! (I'm french... you say squint, right ?))
2 - When she finds Steiner and Beatrix blocking the doors, and then see that they open them, she stares at Steiner, then Beatrix as if she wanted to say "Is it all right with you ?" and then run through the doors.

That's how I get these moments. (Though it is a big part of my comment, take it easy, please). Anyway, your fiction was really pleasant ! I liked it :3
Kryzdrei Gonzaga chapter 1 . 6/10/2012

i love the way you interpret the ending,,,