Reviews for Eliza Bryce's Conversation
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Very effective build-up and I thought the understated effect of Riddle's mind control made the conclusion all the more chilling. Good one-shot!
Seren Flaidd chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Fantastic, from it's light chatty beginning to the chillingly creepy ending.
Having jumped into the Dee, many times, I can vouch for it's coldness as well.
The atmosphere at the end really is brilliant, he dialogue sounds old-fashioned and very English and the character of Riddle is exactly as I imagine him. Eliza is very believable and while not immediately likable, she's reasonably nice and I think this actually adds to the chill factor when she is suddenly alive with happiness and excitement for the first time, that we've seen, thinking about the wonderful task she's been set.
nonnonentity chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
What a lovely and sad vignette. Another casualty in the face of great evil.
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
A perfect snapshot of the moment. Tom is suitably in character, classy yet creepy. And the end was quite horrific, especially in how the Imperius had her so happy to do his bidding. I do wonder how he got around the trace?
shine lots chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This is amazing!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Wow, this was amazing!

You characterised Eliza brilliantly. You also showed us what the Imperius can do to a human. That was interesting to read, and I can't deny, that I lol-ed about the last line. :)

Oh, you have done young Tom Riddle justice, he was just as creepy as in the books.

I loved all the details, you have done a great job!
Jj chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I absolutely adore how you wrote this. It keeps in mind of the character - a brilliantly written one, by the way - yet also describes the settings and events in refreshing detail. I adore how things were hired at (e.g. Her name,the imperious curse, etc).

While this serves wonderfully as a oneshot, I cant help vut feel that the ending is also one that would be fitting of the end of a prologue. If you ever decide to make this into a multi-chapter fic, I'll certainly support you.

Another thig that I liked was how your writing style sort of reminded me of all those Agatha Christie books that I managed to cram into my studying time. With a similar location to the majority of her books (The general area of the British Isles) that crisp writing style just...sticks.

While the content of the actual story is a bit on the morbid side, the words you choose to use just seem to give it a falsely cheerful mask. Do keep on writing!

Every curious,

Jj
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
This was brilliant in its creepiness. Poor Eliza!