Reviews for Fear, Not Love
cdnyellowrose chapter 5 . 2/26/2012
Hey Chica - I'm back. A body part kicked my butt before the holidays and I'm finally done with the doctorin for it. So, yeah, I'm back.

I LOVED it. You. Smut. (Most excellent smut, btw) Who knew? ;)
christinaxa chapter 5 . 2/26/2012
Way to make your return, Merl! This was such a great chapter and definitely worth the wait. I really like how you dug into Steve's mind regarding his feelings for Kono, and making sense of that ridiculous workout scene between him and Lori, because Lord only knows how annoyed and confused I was after watching that on TV. The scene at the end of the chapter.. oh my, SO HOT! Kono is mischievous alright. I am super glad to hear your muse has returned; hopefully there will be more chapters released soon!
nacimynom chapter 5 . 2/26/2012
Wow! Well worth the wait. I really liked the way you got into the minds of Steve, Kono and Lori. Good use of the Lori and Steve run/sprained ankle adventure. It makes more sense in your story than in the TV episode. And your last scene is very hot. I wonder if and how this is going to affect Steve and Kono's working relationship.
bushy4 chapter 5 . 2/26/2012
Great,fantastic,awesome. So good!
TvFanatic97 chapter 5 . 2/26/2012
I shouldn't be this happy because you've updated, right? Anyway this chapter was brilliant and as I read the last part I kept thinking finally! I'm also glad that you wrote Lori to not be a bitch and you actually made me like her because in most fics, authors make the reader despise her when they could write her better then she was on the show. This is one of the longest reviews I've ever written but all I'm trying to say is, yet another excellent chapter and I hope your inspiration and muse won't disappear. Update soon please!
flora.s.t chapter 5 . 2/25/2012
uhh... fuck seems like the only appropriate response. fuck i love this chapter, fuck i love this story, fuck i love kono and steve, fuck i love kono and steve fucking. not to be redundant or anything... but seriously. fuck me. thank you.
spiritedghost chapter 4 . 2/17/2012
If I might. Merl, it seems you have hit an impass. By impass, I mean, you know what you want to do, but your holding yourself back. So, if I might be so bold, just throw them in a room together and let their natural urges take control instead of rationality. Also I liked the end to this chapter as Kono, tells Steve why it can't happen. It turns out to be bacause, Lori loves Steve and she can't do anything that would hurt her girlfriend. That sort of sucks. Anyways, don't give up because this story has potential. Just write it as you wish it to be and I think it will all come together, if on the other hand you are worried about what your readers will think. Keep in mind you will never please all of us. There is not one author on this planet that can please his entire audience. However you can please around 8.5% of us and if that is true, not a bad ratio. So boldly go where you have not gone before and give us the Kono/Steve we want to read and see. You have it in you so just do it already. (grins)...Ghost!
spiritedghost chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Bonding moments are just so much fun. However, you know there is a name for people like you. I am referring to the way you ended this chapter. You are what is known as a tease! Ghost!
spiritedghost chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Fantastic start to what is or has the potential to be epic. So thanks for this story. I just had a tooth pulled today and it hurts like hell, this story kind of acts as a pain killer. So again thanks. I love the way you have Steven (grins at the name) uncomfortable around Lori. don't get me wrong I actually like that combo, but Kono and Steve so much better. My guess is that will never happen on the show. He has feelings for his part-time girlfriend (Catherine). So I am thinking the writers of the show are happy with that. However saying that I will miss Lori W.. She was actually fun and she finally admitted she had or has feelings for Steve, even if it was a parting gesture, I think she just needed to say it. I always felt that Kono had a better hold over her emotions. It will be interesting to see what the producers and writers have in store for us, from here on it. However I am off topic, guess like Lori, I had to say it. (smirks and continues) I love your characterization, you played them the way I would like to see them. So again you turned a crappy morning into a great afternoon. Minus the pain of the extraction. (laughs softly) Now if you can throw in a fight scene with, a bit of spin kicks perhaps a snap open pal to a baddies throat, I would be a happy camper. Fight scenes are an art form and it seems they are just ignored in 5-O stories. So help a guy out give us some violence with our sex. There is going to sex right? (looks at you for a beat) RIGHT? Otherwise re rate it. (chucks good naturally) I look forward to reading more of this story so, I think I will Merl Laurence...Again brilliantly executed for a first chapter...Ghost!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I had a goofy smile as I watched 2.16 last night because when Steve got hurt, Lori ran to him and was all over him panicking whilst Kono walked over and stood watching him to see if he was okay. I thought back to this fic and how you had the same reactions in here, your characterisation is scarily accurate! I hope you update soon please!
christinaxa chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I just finished watching today's episode (the gala one) and I don't want to spoil anything, but Lori was all over Steve in one scene while Kono was the calmer one! Haha I just wanted to put that in here because you have their characteristics down pat and it reminded me of your story.
francis2 chapter 4 . 2/9/2012
So, is Kono afraid that Lori will steal him away? And that's why she's not even entertaining the idea? Steve in her bedroom really is creepy, in a way.
xchristinaax chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
I am loving this. You write out the tension (sexual and otherwise) very well; it's going to be so worth it watching them get together especially in the midst of all of this. And about the different writing style you mentioned in the beginning, I think it's wonderful that you are branching out and testing it out. I'm very happy you did because this story is just amazing. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
bushy4 chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
Great chapter! I can't wait till you get them together. You are still an amazing writer!
sphekie chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
Damn it kono! Just kiss Steve alright! Damn!

Steve is like Hungry tiger who can't stop thinking his prey kono...he want her and she want him..,so hook up alright.

This story is getting very intense and very interest...I actually hate waiting for the next chapter, just want to read it now..;p
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »