Reviews for Truth
ScribeOfRhapsody chapter 7 . 3/7/2014
Um, more please? This was going so well, and then I noticed how long it had been since you updated. :(
Associate chapter 6 . 1/8/2014
The more I read the more I despise Marian and pity Robin and Guy.
Sockitysocks chapter 7 . 10/23/2013
This has instantly become one of my all time favourite fics!
You've captured the voices of the characters so well and you have twisted the changes around the original plot that it just fits with the story so well!
Please, please update this sometime! It's so good :D
reignofdreams chapter 7 . 9/10/2013
I really hope you update this one day. It's a brilliant story and a great look at what could have been if Marian had taken the opportunity to stop manipulating and lieing to Guy. The way you've shaped the characters and the development of Guy and Marian's relationship is natural and fluid, so much so that it could honestly be something straight from the series.

Thank you for sharing! (And congrats on the BA)
Nina
capsicleamerica chapter 7 . 6/17/2013
Yessssssssssssssssss! Thank you so much for this brilliant fic. It's funny, when I first encountered video clips of the BBC Robin Hood online, I was surprised to see I was attracted to a Guy more than I was to Robin. (Though Will kind of had them all beat.) I finally got Netflix last fall and just started watching the show-I have two more episodes in the first season. Watching the actual show, I liked Robin much more than I had previously, and I put down my liking of Guy as admiration of Richard Armitage alone. After the first couple of episodes, I was rooting for Robin and Marian. However, after the last few episodes I have seen, I have lost some respect for Robin. While he has a very good heart and usually does the right thing, he can also be a proud, selfish jerk. (Like how he wasn't even going to rescue Djaq because he was obsessed with Guy, or how he keeps putting Marian in dangerous positions.) On the other hand, Guy has, quite frankly, done some horrendous things. We've seen him commit treason, torture, and murder, I think. Not cool. Still, the Sheriff has some creepy hold over him, and there have been little flashes, often because of Marian, where he tries, rather fruitlessly, to rein in his own impulses or the Sheriff's cruelty. I think the reason why I have again come to like Guy's character better than Robin's is that I love stories about people who have a lot of failings but still the potential for good. I'm a crazy dreamer and I hope beyond hope that they will change for the better.
(Eh, sorry this is long, but I'm trying to explain my reasons for loving this fic. Please hang in there!)
So, my opinion on Marian/Robin and Marian/Guy: Robin is a good guy and Marian is a good girl and they could make a great couple. There is chemistry there, and she could ground him and knock him down a few pegs when he gets on his high horse. Guy is not a good guy and doesn't deserve to have Marian's love right now. However, she is clearly good for him, softening him a little and encouraging him to stand up to the Sheriff. Look how kind she is to him when she encourages him to save Lambert. And he is actually going to do it until the Sheriff turns on CREEPER mode. Also, there is plenty of chemistry between Guy and Marian, whether Marian is acting or not.
SO FINALLY! The reason I love this fic of your is that you find a logical, TV-show compatible, in-character explanation for how Marian and Guy might become slowly closer and how this would have changed things slightly. You are awesome because you don't demonize Robin and you don't make Guy into a little wronged angel-Robin actually makes a few good points about how Marian shouldn't do this. Nevertheless, you take the Marian of the show, already compassionate and kind and strong, and you make her try to forgive Guy his faults and to make him a better person. This story you are writing about Marian and Guy is a love story, I guess, but it's so much more-it's about human nature and how people who act for the good and only err a little can become too proud and how people who err very much still have the chance to seek forgiveness and redemption and happiness.
I should shut up now. Thank you.
P.S. I don't know, I'm sure you are busy, but if you could ever find the time to finish this story, or at least write a few more chapters or something I would love you exceedingly.
P.P.S. Also, Will is still the best.
WisteriaClove chapter 7 . 4/13/2013
This was so super brilliant! Please write more! 3 Can't wait!
Xoxo

Wisteria Clove
RALover89 chapter 7 . 4/5/2013
I love this story! I know it's been a while, but I hope you continue!
Shiirael chapter 7 . 2/18/2013
Oh my, I really hope you continue updating this story. Everything you've written so far embodies the kinds of things (characterizations, turns of events) I kept hoping would happen in the actual stupid show. I should have stopped watching halfway through Season 1 and just read your fanfic instead. You write very well; I think you've kept true to the spirit of the characters while making them much more dynamic and realistic than the originals. Thank you for writing!
Audrey C chapter 7 . 1/21/2013
I've enjoyed your story so very much. Love seeing the gentler side of Guy and an Au version of events. Always did love the chemistry between Marian and Guy. Looking forward to an update!
Dennib68 chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
I love this story! I always thought that Guy and Marian had much better chemistry...I'm sure that my Richard Armitage devotion has nothing to do with my opinion...but I really am enjoying how you are weaving in the BBC version with your own version of events. I can picture and hear everything in my mind as if I am right there. I like the way you have kept Guy's personality true to the series but have given us some insight into why Marian sees good qualities in him. I am looking forward to your next update!
LadyKate1 chapter 7 . 12/1/2012
It's really interesting to see the (somewhat) kinder, gentler Guy! You've done a great job with an alternate version of this episode in which there is real trust between Marian and Guy, and Marian is much more concerned about Guy's safety; that theme is handled very well, especially in the Robin/Marian dialogue at the end. Can't wait to see how the situation will be resolved in this AU.
manxcatmom chapter 7 . 11/28/2012
So good to see an update, Taaroko! I'm enjoying your story very much, and curious to see where you go with it. Guy is his inscrutable self here-kind one minute, brutal the next. This is well-written and keeps me interested and eager for more!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/27/2012
Really enjoying the story. Delighted you've updated again.

Already looking forward to the next chapter.

Thanks ;o)
David Fishwick chapter 7 . 11/26/2012
Great idea and please update soon as I am enjoying your story a lot.
Saramagician chapter 7 . 11/26/2012
Oh! I hope their plan go well! And Robin and Marian discussion is very interesting! I want to know Marian's answer to Robin's question! Update soooooooon...
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »