Reviews for Hide Your Fires
De Ore Leonis chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
“Let the eye wink at the hand…”

I freely admit the Macbeth quote/title is the main reason I took a look at this story. I’m a fan of a good allusion, especially when it’s relevant to the subject matter. Anyway, I’m glad I did. There is not enough well-written in character Moriarty/Sherlock out there. There is just something so apt in Moriarty admonishing Sherlock for self-loathing.

As for the writing style, there’s a fair bit of exposition, but it’s kind of insightful so it doesn’t bother me. It also allows for those melancholy references to John. Finally, because it’s mostly from Sherlock’s perspective (roughly), Moriarty is pleasingly opaque. His reasons and the motivations behind his actions are suitably ambiguous. Gestures typically associated with affection are far more likely manipulation, but the reader is free to decide for themselves. There’s also some really nice detail about movement. That sort of physical description makes a story engaging and quite vivid. This was an entertaining read.
Kittyloveskatten chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Neat.
georgethecunt chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I would be ecstatic if you'd carry this on!

Absolutely loved it. Where's the quote that Sherlock says at the end from?x
Gabbyluv23 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Pretty good. :)
BloodyRosie chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
interesting

wonderfull

smile
theDubliner chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Interesting, very interesting. Always knew Jim and Sherlock had something going. Excited to see more.
ghostsheep chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Nice! Poor torn Sherlock!