Reviews for The Games of Moriarty
Super Saiyan 3 Odd chapter 1 . 12/31/2018
This story was pure awesomeness!

You wrote it all perfectly. I truly hope Odd will come back. He's my favourite character and in my opinion, the one true main protagonist of Code Lyoko and the leader of the Lyoko warriors. But that's just my opinion.

Also, Jeremy had it coming when his feelings got hurt after what he did to Odd by kicking him out of the group so coldly and ruthlessly, especially since it was him who got Odd into this mess by sending him to check his scan without considering his feelings.
thearisoner chapter 2 . 11/22/2017
Holy fuck. When I got to the middle of this chapter, I thought I was at least 10 chapters in.

Turns out I was only on Chapter 2.

Each chapter so far has been like a freaking movie.

This is insane (huehuehue). This is beautifully done, and I haven't even scraped the surface yet. Moriarty is an intensely complex character, and you've somehow made the characters I grew to love over a decade ago even more interesting with the trials they have been through. I thought for sure Jeremie was fucked for sure.

All that's left is Odd... And Moriarty. The one being who somehow finds himself aiding the Lyoko Warriors just to survive, much like XANA did.

Hella great work, dude. Can't wait to read more.
commandravage chapter 28 . 8/9/2016
I am in awe of how amazing this story was, and alittle bit depressed on how it ended but the ending was just powerful in how it brings the beginning of the story to the end
Scarf chapter 1 . 4/8/2016
Can I just say that this is not only my favorite Code Lyoko fanfic, but my favorite fanfic of all. I seriously re-read this at least once a year. I love how much character development you give everyone. It's really so great to see because often characters in fanfics stay static throughout the entire story. Your OCs are also very good. I almost forget they weren't in the original Code Lyoko, they just fit in with the story so well. Thank you for such a great read. I hope to see more from you in the future.
queen123414 chapter 28 . 10/17/2015
i loved the story but i didn't like what happened to odd at the end to be honest
queen123414 chapter 14 . 10/17/2015
*clutches my head* PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT REAL!
queen123414 chapter 12 . 10/17/2015
NUUU! PLEASE TELL ME THIS NOT HAPPENING?!
queen123414 chapter 3 . 10/16/2015
YES! THE CAT'S BACK!
queen123414 chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
whoa... that was REALLY long...
Shiza Hako chapter 28 . 9/12/2015
I really loved and enjoyed reading this.

I like the ending and look forward to your future works.
ben.horton1312 chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
I already wrote a review, but just want to say that this is still one of my favorite stories (between fanfiction and actual published books [let's be honest, this is a better thought out and written story than some books that are currently being published]). I wanted to just share a song that I wrote for orchestra called "Moriarty's Grip". Took awhile to figure out the Code:LYOKO theme, but here it is: hortonhub/moriartys-grip Again, thanks for this fantastic story!
John Cardinal chapter 28 . 6/21/2015
An excellent end to a great story years in the making. I remember when I first started reading this years ago and now it's done. Your narratives are top notch. You seem to have a way above average understanding of geo-politics and military confrontations. There were barely any errors in your last chapters and you kept me at the edge of my seat until the very end. 10/10.
Craftygirl11 chapter 28 . 3/4/2015
I just read your story in three days. It was a long story but it was a good one. I hated that Jim and christophe had to die. They were such great people. Mortuary was a good villain and he had an interesting background.

I am sad that Odd wasn't in the group anymore. He was such a likeable character. I really liked Natalya as a girlfriend of William. I hope that you do another story soon and you can bet that I will read it.
Culper Sr chapter 28 . 2/22/2015
Wow I discovered a story upon its final chapter's publishing! Lol, I read allll the way from chapter 1 and (obviously) I loved it! )

You included a lot of nice touches such as Xana living inside William, Odd's PTSD, and I must say... your OCs are fantastic. Moriarty was an incredible villain, it would be a difficult task for me to start a fanfic and attempt to top him. Natalya was entertaining to say the least, I liked Cesar a lot... and then there's Emmanuel/Christophe etc etc

Aside from the fact that every thing was written at an extremely high level (descriptive, spot-on characterization) and the chapter lengths were nice a long, my favorite thing about this story is the new aspects to the danger Moriarty brought on that Xana couldn't. Xana, being a computer program... doesn't know how to be a sadistic piece of shit. Moriarty in no way has that problem lol

For everything to came up with for the story line... you left no plot hole. Inserting Moriarty into the backstory of Franz Hopper had to be pretty difficult, especially when you went as far as you did to be descriptive about that backstory (particularly w/ Odd's dreams) but you pulled off magnificence.

I could legitimately argue that you built these characters up better than Moonscoop did. What do I mean? Uh... in Moonscoop's defense they were working with 30-min shows with a lot of action lol. But you took every character several levels of depth past where they were in the show, but more importantly you stayed within their character to do so. You didn't change them... you added things.

For example, Ulrich and Yumi being an actual couple was entertaining... I imagine that you had to think hard in the early chapters because even though they obv liked each other in the show we never had a view of how they'd interact as an item. Same goes for Jeremy and Aelita to a less complicated extent (their relationship was less complicated to begin with)

Adding Mr. Stern and the money factor... and then adding the illegal business... all highly believable and can be easily pictured considering what an ass he was during his rare appearances on the show.

My ONLY complaint is that Odd doesn't remember Lyoko at all... I get that you needed an answer to his connection w/ Moriarty but that really sucks... esp since he doesn't remember the Xana days either apparently.

Speaking of Xana, his talking to William here and there was pretty funny I enjoyed his commentary :) lol

Bravo on an amazing fic! It was a pleasure to read and I hope you make another Code Lyoko fic. I am going to make one myself in the future but I don't have the time to commit to it so its just stuff written on google docs occasionally building up Lol.
ben.horton1312 chapter 28 . 2/16/2015
I have no possible way to express how fantastically written this story is. I never left a review in any of the other chapters, as I just go through reading stories as a guest. But I had to say something. First and foremost, I want to point out something that I really loved. And that's the development of XANA. His and William's story was by far the most intriguing side-arch for me. You actually made me feel for an AI lifeform. One that had a history of causing some rather inconvenient trouble for the warriors. To get to the point, I love the way you developed him. When it first started out, he was completely mechanical (which makes sense, him being a computer). But at the end, he sounded like a changed person. Toward the beginning, he made snide comments concerning human emotion, and condemns William for trying to be humorous. And he only communicated with William by calling him "Slave". But the way you ended it seemed almost perfect for the development. Right before XANA makes his final statement, he calls William by his (full) name (which I think made it even greater with his hesitation). And overlooking the fact that he apologized to William for the Jeremie-incident, his last line was his attempt at humour! I just can't get over the fact that you gave so much attention to something so little in the overall story.

Like said, this is one of the best stories I've read, and have a deep longing for this to be made more available to other people (whether in the form of the writing or a cartoon). The effects of the damage is incredibly well done. And as others have mentioned, you managed to retain the personality of the original characters, and then morph them completely into something new by the end. Which brings me to another point. The original series had plenty of flaws (but what doesn't?), but the one thing that it really hit home is the written portrayal of friendship. And you couldn't have done it any better from my perspective. I'd go on longer, but I'm afraid I'll just digress from the original point (if I even had one).

All I can really think of saying as my closing is this: Thank you. I'm almost tempted to write a fanfiction based off this fanfiction ;) But really, you've given me days worth of pleasure from just reading, and then countless others pondering what's happened, and creating different alternatives after every chapter. You truly brought me enjoyment. But I'm afraid that you also completely left me feeling emotionally broken and empty. It's hard to admit online, but I had a rather huge obsession with Code:Lyoko when I was in elementary school/beginning of middle school (that and Avatar). And to see these characters that I once loved get put through what they did broke me. I even felt helpless at not being to come to their rescue. That's never happened to me when it comes to fictional characters! It's going to be a while before I can recover from that. But you also made me come to greatly appreciate my current friends and family more than I thought I ever could. Your story seemed so real, despite being a fictional telling of an already established fictional universe. So, having given up on all brevity for this review, and sounding repetitive, once again, THANK YOU... :D
148 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »