Reviews for The Third
Aeidhryn chapter 10 . 9/3/2012
Gibbs-wisdom and random metaphor-y connections, yay!

The only thing is... why didn't anyone point out that Gibbs is talking... a LOT?
alexindigo chapter 10 . 8/28/2012
While I get where Gibbs is coming from I'm disappointed that he chose to share his views with Tony. His conclusion seems to be that they're not enough for each other, that they're not whole. I loved Tony's ruminations where he thinks that Gibbs couldn't possibly understand.

I'm intrigued by what Tony saw on Zivs's face that fueled his reaction. I'll be the first in line to hand out Gibbs-slaps to Tony for the wrongs he's done to Ziva but in this case, I don't think he's the bad guy here. He shouldn't have reacted, obviously. But I don't think his motivations were caused by insecurity.

So, this is what it feels like giving DiNozzo the benefit of the doubt eh? :P Can't really say I'll get used to it...Thanks for sharing! :)
Belker chapter 10 . 8/27/2012
Exposure to high concentrations of unfinished boats must do this to a man... 'nuf said ;)

Wonderful Gibbs insight.

B
jsq chapter 10 . 8/27/2012
Wow, this was a heavy chapter, though you are never exactly light reading. You captured the Tony/Gibbs interaction perfectly. And now I am all caught up, so I will await the next installment.
jsq chapter 8 . 8/27/2012
And in this one, my favorite line is the last one. Actually, that's my favorite thing about your writing- each line feels so carefully and perfectly crafted.

McGee and Abby, huh?
jsq chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
There were so many lovely lines in this chapter. I picked a favorite anyway: "All of creation stays outside the door when they take hold of their child."
jsq chapter 6 . 8/27/2012
I am not a fan of baby fics, but you've made me love this one. The nicknames are perfection.
tonyfan31970 chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
Ouch! Gibbs was really straightforward. But I did enjoy this chapter a lot. Maybe we'll get more on this topic next chapter? Ziva's part of the conversation?
TLO chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
I think this is the first time I've replied, but I really just can't not any longer. ;) I'm not a huge Tiva fan, but you write so wonderfully, and portray these characters with truth and such depth and understanding that I can't NOT tell you what a great series this is.

Lovely work!
Snoopmarymar chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
You know, this is the first time in a long time I've wanted to grab Gibbs, smack him one, and explain that just because you suck at life, it doesn't mean that everyone's as much a fuck-up as you.

Seriously, Gibbs passing commentary on why they love each other? pbbbt. The man couldn't figure it out if they retasked the hubble to help. I genuinely think this highlighhted Gibbs' issues and failings rather than anything with Tony. GOOD JOB!
kytivafan chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
I love this (much like I love everything you write) - but I am a bit confused (maybe it's the allergy medicine) -but I am not sure what Gibbs is trying to do/say here. Does he think Tony & Ziva shouldn't be together? That they got married and had a child for all the wrong reasons? Or that Tony's feelings for her aren't real?

See? Confused.

Guess you will just have to write more!
AliyahNCIS chapter 10 . 8/25/2012
Interesting. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Gibbs' insight into T&Z's marriage, I like the ideal of a husband protecting his wife from jerks with big mouths. But I suppose there are other ways to do it. Hopefully that act of chivalry will at least be rewarded when he gets home, someone needs to act like he matters. Fabulously written as always, thanks! :)
mia58 chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
While I see the reasoning behind Gibbs' inquiry, at this point in T and Z's relationship, I thnk it's kind of late. If he asked at the inception, it would have been valid. Also, you never know if familiarity will cancel each other out, or if it will complement each other.

"Confidence would've let you block him out, not knock him out." is true, yet, Tony's reaction is understandable when you take into account what the jerk's said. Even if you decide not to write about Ziva's POV, you'll tell me, right? Lol.

Favorite line: "Our timing's not for the weak." Boy, if that's not the truth in canon, don't know what is.
Proseac chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
Tony has the patience of Job! Not so sure I agree with Gibbs on this one. Considering how vulgar the comments were, I think he was entirely justified in decking the guy. I'd love to know what's going through Ziva's head right now!

Besides, Gibbs' track record doesn't exactly qualify him to dish out advice concerning appropriate husbandly comportment. Just sayin'...

Waits with bated breath for the next chapter...
Audrey Lynne chapter 10 . 8/24/2012
Wow. Yeah, I could totally see this going down. I'm not sure I can blame Tony for decking the guy. I love that Gibbs seems to understand, down deep, but isn't letting Tony get away with it entirely...and the little hints about Tony being insecure about what he's found are lovely.

Also, unauthorized flight testing of Cheerios is hysterical.