Reviews for The Great Distraction
theghostqueen chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Lol what "complete and total failure" do you see? This was awesome! Very well-written. Perhaps Chuck forgave her too easily, but - it is a one-shot. I loved this. I think you captured what Dan's reaction would actually be if that were to happen well. Great job! Keep writing! -Steph :)
TruC7 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I liked it.

A few years ago I would have laughed outright at the idea of dan and Blair because for me they honestly never fit. They have chemistry but I always saw it as the kind between bantering friends, not exactly potential lifemates.

They're far too dry for that.

But this made sense to me and a lot of dialogue in this piece is quite formfitting eloquently so- beautiful when she said, I never stopped loving him. It was piognant. Exactly why I feel in a true, honest crazed state and severe lack of judgement Blair might go for Dan seeing him safe- as opposed to the ''miserable state her lovelife was in" The backup Dan. It made sense to me.

but I do think that Dan's impatience with her was a bit uncalled for. I always felt like when the time came he'd accept the obvious and let her go. He'd put her happiness above his. But that's just a tiny thing and overall, this really did make sense out of the tangled fairytale that is GG. Loved the interaction.
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
I will say the Dan/Blair thing was...I don't know, but like you I can't see them romantically together so it's hard for me to fully review properly for that aspect. Though I will say that you got Dan and his very judgmental way, especially regarding Chuck, right.

As for Chuck and Blair, quite perfect. I love how you handled Blair breaking it off with Dan and showing that there were feelings, but Dan was just going to be her settling because Chuck is her first. And I love how you have that the pact she made didn't bring Chuck back it was knowing that she was there for him.

I am glad that Serena just walked off and didn't go to Dan, I know she loves him, but she shouldn't have to beg.

Great job.
88Mary88 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Firstly, it is not a total and complete failure :-) let alone because you are extremely talented and it has a happy-engaged-chair ending. The only thing I have to agree with you is that Dair makes absolutely no sense. Maybe they would have made slight sense when their friendship started during season 4 (emphasis on slight), but now - especially with Blair chosing Chuck over Louis as the father of her child and ending in a dramatic and epic car accident - they make no sense at all. It's one thing of her going back to Louis and making a deal with God for Chuck's life (which is in a twisted way kind of romantic and makes them even more epic), but getting involved with Humphrey? No way! Maybe a self-destructive one-night stand would be understandable, but no relationship and running away together. If the spoilers are really right I'm curious to see how they sell this un-Blair-like behaviour. I could imagine her running away alone because she lost her child and everything, but not with Humphrey.

However, I actually liked... or found it interesting, how Dan treats Serena in your story. It seems as if Blair is pitying her golden best friend thats normally the first choice of everyone (besides chuck)... however, she is Dan's second choice (or no choice at all) and I cannot help it I feel a deep satisfaction about this fact! :-)

loved you story and hope even if dair has to happen chair will finally will end up together and stay together
Aliennut chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Loved this loved this! It was fantastic great job!
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
lovely x
sallysally chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I love it! I didn't know about the spoilers of Blair and Dan running away together but if that was going to happen, this will surely be a perfect way for their affair to end. *Evil laugh* Dan being the great distraction from Chuck, her one true great love, is perfect! But I'm not so sure if Dan and Serena really do belong together though. Remember the episode with Ben? Ugh. Anyhow, I'm hoping we get a Chair happy ending this season! :)
Breakfastinwonerland chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
BD BOO LOL , Actually enjoyed this. As sick as it is I enjoyed Blair dumping Dan for Chuck! *insert evil laugh* ! Anyway it was good! Don't sell yourself short!
SaturnineSunshine chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Omg, Dan. You don't realize that Blair is still in love with Chuck? That makes you more selfish than anyone else on that show. YOU DON'T DESERVE BLAIR. Seriously, Dan's idiocy is really amusing to me. He thinks that he's actually worth Blair? He thinks that Blair can seriously be in love with him? Who is this person? I really don't understand Dair at all. I understand the concept behind it, but no. This needs to end.

Dan really sounds like Dair fans. How Chuck's manipulating her and hurting her. Why is Dan so stupid. I HATE DAN. So you're writing him in character ;) But seriously, Dan's patheticness is awesome and hilarious. Good work.

Oh geez. She loves him more than Serena? I think she loves them in different ways... Not that it matters haha. Blair does love Chuck more than anything. I approve.

FINALLY the Serena thing is addressed. I'm sorry, but this is a problem for me. I hate how the writers are just-HCNSNKNLCS. But you did it perfectly here. I need Serena to matter again. And after Dair, I realized I was a Derena shipper ;)

I do have to say that the ending is slightly cheesy, but I love it. It's what I really want to have happen, even though realism tells me it won't. But you really shouldn't think this is bad. I enjoyed it :)
TriGemini chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This was really good to read.

I'll be honest if I said, that after S4-DB during S5 was a possibility. However, true to heart-I'll always be a Chair shipper to the end and I long for them to reunite for good on the show.

But honestly, a relationship between 'Lonely Boy and Queen B isn't one that'll last long. Seeing as how, we all know that Blair really loves Chuck; therefore, leaving Dan to be the distraction that'll fill the Queen's void-until she can be with her one true love.

Again, enjoyed this a lot.
gossipgirllover123 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
ahhhhhhhhhhhh is all i can say. wish this ending would happen for chuck and blair
MasochistandNarcissistFan chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Aww, well I wouldn't say it's epic fail... lol I mean, you know how I feel about DB and can't really be objective about them unless I really try, which doesn't always work either. XD So I can't talk about the dialogue, because honestly whether you write it or the show does, I can't buy romantic lines involving DB just like you can't. I mean, I do think that you at least write them the way the show might if they happen (clinging to the idea they don't in my denial) so you're good there. Now, what I do love? Blair setting Dan straight about Serena, that dialogue I can picture and loved. And aww, of course Chuck never giving up. Aww. heh. So, as I've said, not an epic failure. Not my favorite, but you already know that's given with DB. But I love the title. Dan is only a distraction. lol