Reviews for Dragonsong
Roc2Roll chapter 36 . 5/13/2014
Please tell me you didnt give up on this story...i love it.
aurorawhitestone chapter 6 . 2/28/2014
I really like Til! I think their friendship really suits each other. :)

And boy does Seara feel bad... It was to be expected, I guess, considering she'd never been in that kind of situation before. Awesome chapter!
aurorawhitestone chapter 5 . 2/28/2014
What a cliffhanger! ._. I really hope the Dragonborn returns quickly and kicks their ass...

And I totally agree with Seara about how girls sometimes try too hard and can understand why she doesn't want to try herself. But she still remains quite a likable, selfless person which makes the story interesting.
aurorawhitestone chapter 4 . 2/28/2014
I just had to google that dragon phrase and awww XD

I enjoyed their convo, and it's nice of her to see him in a different way than other people. And there's a different slant to killing dragons, considering he's basically their kin. That's something I wish the game expanded on more.

Well done!
aurorawhitestone chapter 3 . 2/28/2014
God, I love dramatic irony. XD

And it's cool to see how much he's changed as well. Good job on this chapter! :)
aurorawhitestone chapter 2 . 2/28/2014
He seems to have quite a personality to him even when he's barely conscious. XD And her worry for him doesn't seem too forced either, well done. :)
I've been reading fics with really long chapters lately, so I like how you can build up everything neatly, only telling the reader what they need to know.
aurorawhitestone chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
Really like your writing style! And I love the main character too, she's not a warrior for once, but she's not a total wimp either, crying because she's worried about him and not because she's scared.

Also, it'd be interesting to see someone's perspective who's not the Dragonborn for once. Will definitely be reading more! :3
sendicard chapter 36 . 1/7/2014
Always so dramatic, never a moment of rest you know? I don't think I can remember a single chapter where something big didn't happen, or overly emotional. I understand a book is supposed to be interesting but there comes a point when it just feels stale. Always have to make sure you aren't overdoing it.

I guess I should give my "STORY REVIEW!"
Well, here it is.
Story review:
I honestly enjoyed Dragonsong, it was refreshingly well written and gave off a feeling of realism in a world filled with magic and the unknown. For the first half of the story I was mesmerized by the plot, the emotions, just how real everything really was. I enjoyed connecting things I knew to the story, predicting and analyzing based on said previous knowledge. It was through this that I noticed a few things were off however.

The landscapes are definitely larger in Dragonsong than in Skyrim, which is fine; it's actually wanted. However, Dragonsong failed to describe them in great detail, simply assuming we'd figure it out ourselves without any real direction. I was left guessing on many occasions, and was never really left with a clear image. Descriptors are used so little in the story that I honestly had very little clue what most of the characters looked like.

I grew very attached to several of the characters very fast, and I felt like they were really well built, however these well built personalities were often used to create easy situations, causing a sense of convenience and annoyingly dramatic moments... Even when there really shouldn't be any drama.
I guess that's acceptable though as one of the two genres is indeed drama.

I felt like it never let up, there was always something big happening. There was never a moment of rest or a moment of casual conversation. If there was casual conversation, you could expect the ceiling to explode or the food to be poisoned. (Purposely referring to events that didn't happen to prove the point.)

While I really liked the story and thought it was indeed pretty well written, I feel like the writer relies entirely too much on explosions(theoretical of course) to move the story along. Never relying on real, true character development or time to do the job instead. It made the writing seem needlessly weak when it was actually quite skilled.

Another problem I noticed that would occasionally show up was a sense of overwhelming "Tell." You remember the old saying, "Show, don't tell." I certainly do, and so does the writer, but sometimes it seemed to me like an image was forsaken entirely for speed or "getting it over with."

So in finale, I thought that Dragonsong was a finely written story that was both rushed, and far too reliant on impact instead of real and grounded development.

I look forward to further chapters if the author hasn't abandoned the internet in general, and hope the author can see my criticisms and use them instead of getting offended like most.
sendicard chapter 35 . 1/7/2014
The soup, is symbolically done. Some damn symbolic soup. Gonna eat some of that symbolism.

POWAAAAAA OF SYMBOLISM SOUP!

A little over a week and they're kissing. That seems a bit hasty for me, and he's 200! Meaning its ultra omega WTF hasty for him. Although he did save her life, and her technically his in return... In a way. Haha, not too important, just putting forward how quick that is.
sendicard chapter 34 . 1/7/2014
Seara did exactly that though, chose that one person's life was more important than another. Can I judge her for it? No, I would have chosen to do the same thing. However saying that wasn't what she did at all, before justifying that he was more important in the same sentence? That's hypocrisy. Understandable hypocrisy? Absolutely, but still hypocrisy. I hope that doesn't harm their relationship too much.

You asked above if we though everyone did the right things, but the answer is that there is no answer to that. In war, death all around, suffering bleeding through the very air; there simply is no right thing. There is no wrong thing when faced with choices like those, simply the correct choice in one's opinion. Who has the right to decide the correct choice for someone in that situation but themselves? No one, no one at all.
sendicard chapter 33 . 1/7/2014
Ouch, so I see Til was the poor sod this chapter eh? Glad she was taken care of at least.
sendicard chapter 32 . 1/6/2014
I repeat on your apparent weak writing. You always have to back every moment that goes even remotely slow with something of large meaning or something eventful. That, simply shouldn't be needed. It's saddening to see as well, as I know you don't need something like that, I can feel that you are skilled.
sendicard chapter 31 . 1/6/2014
Ooh, always did like these chapters. You know, the other point of view ones, they tend to be filled with character development. This one, is no exception. Fine job.
sendicard chapter 30 . 1/6/2014
See, this had a nice creepy theme I guess, definitely got the message across.

So, they going to move again or march on and destroy the Dark Brotherhood? That's what I'd do in Revak's position. Or at least, what I think I'd do.
sendicard chapter 29 . 1/6/2014
This chapter, not so much. It was full of bull drama that didn't even feel real, the emotions were overdrawn and Til wasn't even acting all that different...

Rushed, that's the word for it. Very, rushed. Why?