Reviews for A Logic Puzzle
keelhaulrose chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
Again, you have written a fic that touches on a major plot hole. The trio might have lucked out having a chess whiz and a genius on their side, but in the end three first-years got through those defenses. I've always maintained Dumbledore set the whole thing up as a test for Harry. Your way makes sense. Thank you for being a writer with a brain who doesn't take canon as fact.
Very Small Prophet chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Oh, excellent. Excellent all around. It’s all too obvious in canon that Dumbles designed the obstacle course with the Golden Trio in mind: broomstick flying for Harry, chess for Ron, logic for Hermione, and they had already defeated a troll.

A minor point I particularly like is the fact that Severus can already fly broomless before Voldemort returns. We have only Minerva’s assumption that he learned the skill from the Dark Lord, and it’s clear from the way she says it that her assumption is based wholly on her contempt for Severus. I prefer the idea that Severus taught Voldie. Or maybe they both used a new, improved flying ointment, courtesy of the Half-blood Prince.
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
He would do that. Wouldnt he?

I particularly liked:

"Only if you want to die," Snape replied in a deadpan tone.

"I am quite certain I have solved the riddle, Severus, and these are the bottles it indicates," said Dumbledore with just a hint of confused exasperation.

You have them both exactly.
time2read chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Great Story LOL! Who said that you have to play fair when gaurding the sorcerers stone ps makes alot of sence
JeniDRalph chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I could so see Severus doing that!
Espied7 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Haha, seriously true. With friends like that, your enemies will probably win.
TycheSong chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Love it! I've always wondered why Severus would overlook such an obvious hole. This makes a whole lot more sense to me! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Ha ha, what a very good point. I never thought of that - but now that you mention it, I'm on Snape's side! ;-)
HopefullyEloquent chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Admittedly, your take on Snape's trap makes much more sense than canon's.
bluemeanies chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
this was delightful
Loten chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Haha, very nice. You're right, this way would have been more fun.
Kelly P. H chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
A very good point.
Dragon Soarer chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Hah! I've always wondered about that. It was highly illogical. xD Brilliant!
pepe200 chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
This is wonderful. I loved Snape's explanation, "they're all poison". I thought about that too- why not just make them all poison? But I suppose Dumbledore knew what he was doing in the end. the dialogue in this was amazing.
duj chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
LOL, too true - in *every* respect. (Who does need enemies indeed, with a friend like Dumbledore?)

Well, Hermione did say that "a lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic." You've just pointed out some of the evidence.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2