Reviews for A Study in Linguistics
lunylovegoodlover chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
This entire story was incredibly sweet and the end was just wonderful.
insert-generic-penname-here chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Brilliant.
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
One of the very best fanfics, not only in this fandom, I have ever read. I would very much like to see the sequel for Season 2 - and I am pretty sure I am not the only one out here. (-:
Riya Morut chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! This has got to be one of my favorite Sherlock fanfics. Your characterization was flawless, and you explored your premise quite thoroughly. John and Sherlock's silent language is something that has fascinated me, because every time I re-watch the episodes I see something-a tic, a significant look, what have you-that I missed before, and it adds much more depth to the show.

I enjoyed every segment, but I particularly loved John and Sherlock when they interacted with Lestrade. Bringing in John's war history was a beautiful touch. I actually felt pride when Lestrade told Anderson to "have some respect."

Now, if you will please excuse me, I'm headed to your profile to see what else you've written...
beautybells chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was a truly fantastic fic! I enjoyed it so much! And now I'm sad, because there isn't any more of it :(
Anyway, great job! Love it! I look forward to reading some of your other stuff!
-BB
Akua chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I really loved this. The characterization was brilliant. John and Sherlock's developing friendship where they could communicate beyond words was a nice idea. You kept each segment brief but informative and engrossing. The dialogue was very nice. I feel like you got their banter down rather well. I have to admit that my favorite one out of all of them would be the one where John found the old stash of drugs and threatened to leave if Sherlock didn't dispose of it. Of course, Harriet the cat comes in at a close second.

Good job. :D
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
never read this one before, and it's brilliant. Granted not S2 compliant, but I absolutely LOVE it! You did a wonderful job with the conversations, whether they were with words or expressions. You described them so well I could see it!

Brilliant!
ladybug114 chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
wow... just... wow! that was absolutely PERFECT in every way, great job!
Addict to Fanfics chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Absolutely loved it.

One thing I enjoy about it is that John has picked up a few of Sherlock's 'tricks'. It's hard to find any stories like that so they're always fun to read.

Specifically liked; DI, LS,N, P, Sherlock (the 2nd to last was amusing), X-r, YW and the very end of Z.

"You're a terrible sociopath."
John couldn't help but laugh at the scowl on Sherlock's face as he gingerly removed the kitten from his lap and handed her back to John. "Take that back."
"Nope."
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Well-written and characterized. An utter delight to read!
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Very nice. And I like how the sections weren't completely random, but tied together with a gradually progressing storyline. And I absolutely love the final exchange!
Pink the Legendary chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I just...I can't even think of a response I'm so giddy and thrilled and happy and just...
thecupboardunderthestairs chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Amazing :)
onne chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
Spot on. This is exactly what their relationship is like. Amazing.
Neellok chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This story of their lives was utterly fantastic. Your characterization was spot on, and just heart warming. I love that they understand each other so implicitly that they don't even need words. Such a wonderful piece of writing!

-Ne