Reviews for A Kind of Magic
Paradox.Peddler chapter 1 . 2/19
Too funny! Thank you Tara Strong for making this bit of irony possible
DrowningInFeelz chapter 1 . 2/11
This was so cute! I loved it, goodness gracious the fluff!
RavenSerendipity chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
OMG! Me too! That's how I became a brony (adult fan- female) thanks to my little sister who always makes me learn theme songs to shows she likes so that I can sing them to her. She made me stay for the opening theme and I kind of never left the couch. :) YAY!
Aronim chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
D'aaaaaaaw.

It's funny, I realize just now that I read this once ages ago. Between then and now, I checked out the show, getting into it through the kinda weird backdoor of reading some fanfic first, then finally deciding to check out the show. Well, I'm glad I did and knowing the show makes me able to appreciate this little oneshot even more.

Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
So cute. I love both of these shows so much. Fun fact: twilight sparkle and raven are both voiced by Tara strong. Ironic huh?
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
I've been skipping past MLP fan-fics for quite some years now (even AFTER I had learned of the existence of Bronies, a fact that I found ... unsettling) because I had never seen an episode of the show and knew zip-zilch-zero about the characters. If I don't know the characters in a fandom, as a general rule I have no interest in stories about them.

I still haven't seen any of the MLP shows - - frankly I can't dredge up any desire to do so - - and therefore will have to take BB at his word on the appeal of the series. I did think his approach to getting Raven to chill out was mighty thoughtful, though. Her reaction to that party is very close to what mine would have been.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Brony? *brohoof* Teen Titans? *hands communicator* BBRae? *hug*
You combined three wonderful things into one. Did your computer explode? Mine nearly did. Thanks :D glad you're back.
I'm.Only.Human.Dude chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Hm, did she favor Twilight because both of them are voiced by Tara Strong?
They-Call-Me-Orange chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I'm so glad to see you back in the game - and what a great piece to re-enter the field with! You of all people are already well aware of my love for MLP and Teen Titans, so I'll skip that part of the review.

This was the best brony propaganda I've ever read! As much as it was an awesome, teen titans oneshot, it felt like a great pitch to the uninitiated. Honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if this piece got otherwise uninterested people to look into the show. Bronies should organize some kind of recruitment award - like lesbian toaster ovens, but more pony-themed. WeLoveFine coupons? Mane 6 dolls? We should focus-group this shit.

Despite its brevity, you managed to really charm me with this piece. The Beast Boy-Raven interaction was great. A really nice lining up of circumstances - Beast Boy being sensitive enough to not push Raven's buttons, and Raven too worn out to really give Beast Boy a hard time. I also think not having the other titans arounds keeps the pressure off Raven - she probably didn't feel the need to dick BB out so much if no one's there to hold her accountable. The rep's gotta be tiresome after a while. That and since this is post-series it's easy to imagine them as having grown up enough to get along with less petty fighting.

I really, really loved the ending, too. Nice way to bring your Twilight Sparkle comparisons full-circle.

My only complaint is the use of Over A Barrel as your reference ep. That's probably my least favorite MLP ep out there! Aside from Bloomberg and Pinkie's song it was a pretty weak episode.

That quibble aside, this was something I really loved. It's great to see you writing again, buddy. Nice job with this one, not that I expected anything less.

*brohoof*

-Orange
ForestEmerald chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
It's a funny story. Keep up the good work!
obsessivereader95 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
That was really cute. I would say that I would check out the My Little Pony thing, but I have far too many secret obsessions and far too many things to do. I like that you gave Beast Boy a little secret like that.
RabulaTasa chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
The mental images elicited by this story are a kind of magic unto themselves. I might potentially have to personally peruse the ponies sometime soon, given that I've heard almost nothing but great things about the whole business.

Also, it's great so see you back in the saddle (so to speak), and I look forward to seeing more!

-John
Demigod chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Nice to see you back, man. Say hi to the group.

Also a cute premise, and reasonably in-character for Beastboy to watch MLP.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Very, very good with "everybody pairing off," as I mentioned, and your Raven-POV is just what she'd think. Formal, a little stilted with admitting she feels emotions... and then there's Beast Boy and "nearly toxic levels of cuteness." Cute-diabetes indeed. And "don't you go on the internet, like, ever" is perfect, along with Raven's entire approach to the show was brilliant. Especially when she progresses to the sad, sad things she would find on there (like RobRae fic, blech)

The two fandoms really blended well, and BB was very good with keeping the comparison to a minimum that a non-brony could appreciate. I think BB just about sold me on the show more than you and another friend did, because that kid is the vulnerable period when masculinity is hard to find amidst voice-cracking and peach fuzz for facial hair. (New question of the day, can he grow a green beard, and should he ever try to dye his hair and wonder what would happen to the animals, a la a black patch on their head?)

First completed fic in five years is awesome. It's really hard to get back into writing when you've been away, but use this momentum to push you forward into bigger fics... like a certain Avatar fic or six, and a certain bit of Titan seven.

Very, very diabetes-inducingly cute. Now I'm going to read this again, then see what we can do about House.
TDG3RD chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Happy to see you back! I, too, have recently started to get into My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and am really enjoying it. So, to take two things I enjoy, Teen Titans and MLP: FIM, and combine them into a great story is a very pleasant surprise.

Anyways, can't wait to see what you write next! Just curious, will you be continuing any of your incomplete fics? Would love to see you continue Tenebrae and the House Crossover.