Reviews for Watchmaker
sleepydemon chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
i like this please continue
Lisoata chapter 2 . 3/17/2012
I have to say, worth the wait :D

I never saw this coming, but - plot! The concepts merge so well, really. Past, Present, Future are done very well. The unimportance of the past - watercolours as memories, backdrop is very nice and the theory that the world was created five minutes ago is lovely and somehow a little bit funny. And then the hopelessness of the present and the desperate hope of the future - that the replicants will get a life extension, that there's a better world without Kira in it. There's some really nice contrast.

If I had to say anything at all critical, there could be a little more delving into emotions, though you play apathy very nicely here. What can I say? Brilliant.
Lisoata chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I'm looking forward to this. Everyone else also looking forward to this? No, it doesn't make sense yet, but, hey, the writing is still as poignant, touching, indescribably unnerving and brilliant as ever. The themes are, as always, intriguing and evocative, and the characters, I'm sure, are going to come together brilliantly. It's a brilliant beginning and I can't wait for the rest. I especially liked the memories on the walls - I sense a continuity of theme here, I remember 'the walls are the words' from Closet Land. And he scenes with L's successor seem so much like a broken mockery of L that it's brilliant. I so much like the idea of Kira as an immutable, undefeatable God.

Now write the rest of it.
Ratt9 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Excellent, as always. I quite like all of the subtleties that tend to be characteristic of your writing style. The concept of this is very interesting; it will be interesting to see how it is continued.

~Ratt Kazamata
V. S. Milton chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Okay, I'm now totally confused about this, but that's okay because it's the first chapter.

I just did research on the book & film you mentioned but I still can't grasp the concept of Light being over 300 years old. But this fic is really interesting. Hope you update soon because I'm looking forward to it.

~Luci

P.S. If you need to know, my new penname has been based off an alias of Light's in 'The Faceless'. Hope you don't mind.
plannedbyReaperLight chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I—wait what?

Was it all in her head? I'm so confused.

I must confess I've never read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sleep" but I saw Blade Runner.

So she's a replicant and is "Light" a replicant too? (Can an android even own a Death Note?)

It's very beautifully written, lovely prose, but a definite mind screw.

(...And then Light was a Time Lord.)