Reviews for How Do You Say I'm Afraid In Inuktitut?
Kaitlin Drury chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
Such imagery...very descriptive and often realistic. Fraser's throat working up and down, eyes distant. And, my fave character, Dief. Loyal, helpful, loving Dief. He helps me continue to believe deeply in non-human animals!
Due South Lover chapter 4 . 6/30/2014
Omg! U left me on a cliff there! I would love it if u would let us know if Fraser survives. Thank u kindly!
vento3000 chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
This is magical. Your writing style is fantastic. The way you describe feelings, emotions, things, thoughts, gestures, facial expressions is remarkable, although I must admit that for me a little bit difficult to read (I'm not native English). But yet very interesting. Kind of Fraser watching with ears. I hope you'll continue this story.
dS-Tiff chapter 4 . 6/24/2012
Ray's POV is perfect, he's barely holding it together...poor Ray. I guess it's hard to write from his pov and to express his inner thoughts, because he isn't usually one to hold his emotions back so you generally know what he's thinking. Even though he can't always articulate perfectly, he still manages to display his feelings to the world. He's not introspective like Fraser is. I think you've got him spot on here though :) The part where he's desperate for Fraser to correct his misquoted Shakespeare, that was brilliant, hitting just the right emotional spot. I also especially loved the bit about Stella and his x-ray glasses, it showed how childlike he can be sometimes. Great work!
Ride-Forever chapter 4 . 6/24/2012
Firstly I want to say that you continue to write the most brill disclaimers and AN's!

Now, on to the fic itself. As for the totality of what you have so far, I love the variances in tone and texture from chapter to chapter in this fic...really displays your writing range and makes the reader go "what next? what next? what next?".

I know you totally "got Ray" here because while I was reading it I kept going "Oh Ray! Oh Ray!". I appreciate how much of Ray is usually in his intense physicality and the specificities of his speech pattern, so I consider it quite the writing feat how PRESENT you have him here.

Things I particularly 3 in this chapter : the thinking to say the "real" Vecchio's birth date, the remark about expediency, Ray's disdain towards the word "schooching," the definitely non-cliche visual and tactile elements of the hospital scene. And...ALL THE FEELINGS.
vic32 chapter 4 . 6/24/2012
Oh i really felt for Ray here, so out of control and so worried about his best friend and partner. I hope that they will both be ok.
vic32 chapter 3 . 6/18/2012
Excellent chapter and i am loving the interaction between the Fraser's
iratepirate chapter 3 . 6/16/2012
This is a truly beautiful piece of writing - the tension and emotion are kept in perfect balance and your characterisations are absolutely spot on. I thank you for sharing this and look forward to more!
dS-Tiff chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
I'm so pleased you've been able to write another chapter of this. You've kept us waiting a long time, but it was so worth the wait :)

You write Bob so perfectly! His interactions with Fraser are brilliant, Fraser only ever gets snappy like that when he's talking to his Dad doesn't he!

The moments with Victoria in this were so good, demonstrating Fraser's inner turmoil at that time...and the image of the candles was so haunting in the episodes already, but you add so much to that! The thought of him wiping away his tears with soot covered fingers was achingly beautiful.

I really hope you're able to write more of this soon :)
Ride-Forever chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
So glad to see you are back at fic writing!

Very disturbing chapter (that's a compliment). Most worrisome that Fraser is without the "Stetson of Invincibility"...but which of course must be the case when Fraser is experiencing all this trauma.

I really like the mix of the real (quotes from actual poets, playwrights, and politicians) with the surreal (Fraser Sr, Borderlands, images of Victoria).
butterfly ghost chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
I am so glad that I put this on alert, and got the news as soon as a chapter arrived! I have to say, this chapter is so powerful. Profoundly chilling moments (Victoria asking him again to 'come' with her... and it's hard to know if she's a ghost herself, or a manifestation of his unconscious.) The whole description of smoke and wax, the visual of him standing in the window with the candles guttering out around him.

Loved the use of the poem, loved him become slightly hysterical and laughing. Loved the real sense of oncoming dread... "all the devils are here."

Spooky, powerful stuff... and I am SO pleased that you're writing it again. This was one of the first things I read in the fandom, and it got me hooked.

Sorry you've been unwell, and I do hope you're feeling better soon.
Ride-Forever chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
This continues to be very gripping, and the use of both Fraser POV and Ray POV gives a tremendous feeling of depth to the action.

It was a well-written jolt to go from the bemused "Instead of the two inches and distress with which Bob Fraser was so fond of surprising him..." to the shocked "Dad's hand was ON his leg! TOUCHING his leg...Benton began to breathe even harder, his gut twisting, still in tremendous pain. This could only mean..."

Classic dead!Bob and snarky!Fraser interchange...really good Bob dead-and-in-character and Fraser dying-and-in-character. " 'No idea, Son.' Oh, helpful already."

Excellent disturbing insight into what Fraser's Borderlands would be at that juncture in his life-and-death : "lack of Northwest Territories"!

A VERY, VERY Ray scenario : " 'You need to calm down!' 'Don't tell me what I need! I need to know how my partner is!' Ray fought against the stupid little belts."

In addition, I'd like to see more of the introspection, more of the being made privy to Fraser's and Ray's thoughts, that was supremely evident in chapter one.
butterfly ghost chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Please tell me there's more to come?
dS-Tiff chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
I just love the way you write Bob Fraser, you have his voice and character so perfect :) Personally, I like to read a story that includes the POV's of both Fraser and Ray, not just one of them, so I'm really pleased you're doing that here. Looking forward to the next chapter!
dS-Tiff chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This first chapter is just so dramatic and emotional - I'm so glad you've promised it's not a deathfic now though! You have such a wonderful way with language and the character's voices are perfect :)