Reviews for Carnations, Cotton Candy, And Carrots
lightball34 chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
I started to tear up near the end.
Sly Walker chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
But-wait-wha? NOOOO! Not fluttershy. Why! Oh the huma- ponymanity! Oh well. The story was over the top in greatness and sadness has ( again) you have made me almost cry. But then again, u always did enjoy watching the deeper parts of a villain's heart, not just see the evil part of it. Good job!
stotans chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Ay dios mio. I love the way you write your stories with passion and perspective. I hope you continue writing such beutiful pieces of work.
The Clockwork Hand chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
The Death of Fluttershy. Sounds like the most depressing sonnet in the world. Why? Whyyy? ;; Those what-if scenarios can take a dark turn indeed.

Bittersweet would be the perfect way to describe this story. It makes one hate genetics like a stack of rotten carrots, that's for sure. I don't enjoy imagining that kind of scenario, but at times, I also want a taste of sadness. Like a sour candy.

After reading the summary, I knew what to expect. And the italics at the beginning were definitely ominous, but I wanted to stay inside that memory, and covet the warmth and affection that just sprung up all around her little home. But I kept reading. And then we're thrust into the real world, and here's Discord waiting at her grave. It's true, "lost" wouldn't be the right word to describe what he feels, and "pain" would be too little. The normally-jovial spirit is now downcast and mournful, expecting to see the ghost of his loving companion in every voice, across the flowers, in the sun. But the rage and despair he feels is anything but transparent.

To see genuine "feelings" from Discord is always remarkable, no matter how many times I've seen it in your stories. (Not that I'm saying you overcrowd the spirit with OCC amounts of actual emotion. You sprinkle it here and there between moments of despair and love, leaving just enough room for an expected pie to the face. c:) It's almost unimaginable, and yet completely anticipated. Even Angel's reaction is justifiably adorable and heart-breaking all at once.

Thank goodness for Celestia. Seems that she is now the newly-appointed mother hen figure to the misbehaving spirit. Slowly, but surely, he would recover from his loss. Maybe not completely, but Discord is not the type to stay down when he's been kicked, no matter how hard.

Wonderful work again, dearie. :3
96DarkAngel chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
Damn I had to take off my glasses three times just to wipe the tears away. I feel bad for Discord, it truly is a heart breaking when you lose someone close to you...
NoctusKerobian chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
That does it...

Knock it off! If I cry any more at these stories of yours, I'll dehydrate myself. Wonderfully written, as always!
RogueShadowAngel chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
The story actually brought tears to my eyes. I'm a huge fan of fluttershy. And discord is my favorite villain next to shadow bolts and nightmare moon