Reviews for Time Remembered
LittleBabyDamien chapter 3 . 7/20/2014
I like seeing all this from Filius' point of view, a view that we seldom see. And the relationships between all of them. You make it seem very realistic and believable. But my favourite part is that tiny little bit of hope you inserted into the last few lines. Thank you for that.
Sithtar chapter 3 . 6/24/2014
I love this story. Actually I like many of your stories with Severus in them. Part of me always wanted a 4th chapter as an epilogue. Filius' reaction and thoughts after the battle and Severus' death. I know this one was written a while ago but I look forward to reading more of your work.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 4/5/2014
And then Flitwick joins the attempt to kill Severus, in May. What was that about trusting one's colleagues? Snape would have been dead right then if he'd let down his guard, and Harry would never have found out what he needed to.

But it was a lovely story, though this ending felt rather incomplete.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 3/28/2014
Ah. This chapter has a certain 'in memoriam' air to it, I see, a wistful looking back in memory at what was and probably isn't any more.

I do like the way that Pomona got out of being the family slavey, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Wouldn't the Christmas at Hogwarts when Snape was Headmaster be 1997, not 1996? (dating backwards from May 1998 and the death of Voldemort). The chronology seems a smidge jumbled here, since Albus is mentioned in a way that sounds like he's still alive.

Anyway, still am glad they're having some kind of Christmas at Hogwarts. For students who had the same hellhole at home as Severus did as a student, it's the only Christmas they'll see.

I like your characterization of Flitwick, too (though it's a pity he ignored anything that happened to Luna Lovegood).
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 3 . 1/13/2014
Wonderful tale. I have so enjoyed this. But was thinking there was another chapter, and then it was over. So sad for some stories to end. Thank you.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 2 . 1/13/2014
I am loving this trip through Flitwick's memories. brilliantly done. Very human, very real.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Another wonderful tale of the "adults," well thought out and in character. Thank you.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/28/2013
This story is beyond perfection. The only flaw is that it's only three chapters! Thank you for writing this. It's a gem.
Iva chapter 3 . 3/13/2013
Brilliant fic. I know it's labeled as Complete but perhaps an Epilogue, non-canon if possible (-:, would be added later? The recipe / chapter quoted in the end hints on something more, right?
MuggleCreator chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
So brilliant. Great story.
The thing is, I do see them, and others, as a reluctant sort of family.
I have this sort of...idea in my head, that there are two distinctions: blood and magical.
Albus Dumbledore: Head of Family
Aberforth, Ariana: Blood siblings
Minerva, Hagrid, Filius, Pomona: Magical children/ siblings (Albus mix of caring father-figure & occasionally, a brother who needs a sharp poke in reminder that he doesn't have to do bloody everything alone)
Remus, Sirius, Severus, etc: Magical older grandchildren
Harry, Neville, Ron, Hermione, etc: Magical younger grandchildren

Albus made his home at Hogwarts since 1930s or so; anyone born c.1925 – c.1955 children, born c.1956 – c.1986? grandchildren.
If that makes sense?
Emerald-colored eyes chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
Amazing! It's great to see a fic from Flitwick's point of view.
ScullySayer chapter 3 . 7/14/2012
Absolutely stunning story! No review of mine could probably do it justice, but I really did enjoy it so. How wonderfully written, how well thought out your characterisations and the interplay between the four. I'd like to think this was what they were really like, in private. And the ending... oh, how lovely! I hope Severus took note of it. ;) Thanks for sharing this, it was marvellous!
adaon45 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
My goodness-an intelligent, beautifully written story about Snape and his colleagues. I don't always find them, so when I do, I really appreciate them. Thanks so much for the Swinburne quotation, by the way, and for the Flitwick POV-I've always wanted to know more about him.
Captain Evermind chapter 3 . 5/16/2012
Aaaww... This is gorgeous. Beautifully sweet, and sad, and funny... all good things. Lovely characterisation and depiction of the relationships between the four heads. It's made all the sadder by the final few paragraphs about what they might achieve together after the war. Very nicely written. Cheers.