Reviews for My happy ending
Ersatz Writer chapter 1 . 3/18
OMG That's beautiful. And makes a strange amount of sense. What a lovely theory, and now I can totally see how this happened. Dead End and Knockout DO sound alike. Or at least, one reminds me of the other. And of course, the finish. XD And I guess there's still that streak of Wildrider in all the drag races and stuff... Or Drag Strip. God, I don't know anymore, but it just makes sense. :3

... Now I must go and read QoS' fics again! Gosh, I never knew I could fall in love with the Stunticons!

You did a great job, as always! It's nice to click on an author's name and not have to doubt the quality of any of their works. You're pretty much one of those secure 'whatever she writes it's gonna be brilliant' authors. Summaries mean nothing to me here. XP (Except to introduce the story. Obviously. I'll shut up now.)
WrenchWielder chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
This is fantastic! Definitely an interesting and original explanation to why Breakdown is Knockout's assistant, and the relationship between them.
JenEvan chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
...definitely need to get a box of tissue paper ready when reading this.. the poignant bits of the past, the events that changed Breakdown, the secret of Knock Out's existence... It's not something I expect. Motormaster's last words - keep them alive - has a haunting impression that can never fade. Overall, sad but beautiful.
RedwallChick1303 chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I almost cried too. Holy crap, this is just awesome. I just... wow. I've never watched a lot of G1, so I barely know what the Constructicons are, the Stunticons... I've only really watched Prime. Gosh, this story is just amazing. I just love it. It's so beautiful and well-written! When it said how Knock Out was Dead End, Drag Strip and Wilrider I was shocked. Did NOT see that coming.
Love it, it's amazing :3
kcrb0202 chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I think I'm going to cry now its sad and a bit creepy with how Knockers was created. Its a little bitter sweet because of the lengths Breakdown went to just to preserve his teams personalities. I will devently remember this story.
Daenerys Starcatcher chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I just happened to find this fic and I almost passed it by, because in general I dislike stories that try and meld G1 Breakdown with Prime Breakdown.

I am so, so, so glad I read this one. The story is excellent, and I like very much what you did while weaving the two continuities together- it's a fresh and new take and I for one loved it.

Great work!
Nidia.Ceylon chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This was so emotionally gripping!

I had wondered about the Stunticon group in the TFP-verse...

First off, this story was beautifully crafted between the flashbacks and the present. The haunting words of Motormaster were quite haunting. Between every thought and action of Breakdown I could hear those words lingering. The desperation he felt and the measures he took in order to preserve his team was amazing.

Second, I love how despite the angst, there's a ray a of happiness for Breakdown. I'm happy that despite the past haunting him, there's Knock Out there to keep actions, personalities, and certain ways alive.

I adored this and can't say enough good about it.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I love this story and it almost made me cry too.
Mahimomo chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Oh my, gonna cry over here. This is beautiful! Knock Out being Wildrider, Drag Strip, and Dead End fits so well!

Gawd, Breakdown's dedication on keeping his gestalt alive just hits me in the FEELS. This, this is perfection!

Wonderfully written!
DemonSurfer chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Buuuuh you made me cry.

No seriously this was good. There's another fic on here that made me realize how Knock Out sort of acts like all the other Stunticons combined. And I love how you've take that concept to the next level.
Sounddrive chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Man, never thought of KO being a combination of them . . . BD has one heck of a secret to hold back from his friend.
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I think it's beautiful. Are Motormaster, Dead End, Drag Strip, and Wildrider actual characters and is there any truth to this like roots from G1. I know Breakdown was paranoid in G1
asylums-angel chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Dear lord the NOISES that I made while reading this. This is sad and sweet and wonderfully written. I love the story you created, combining the two universes. It's perfect! Well done!
QoS chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Before I read this fic, I had watched approximately one episode of Transformers: Prime – “Operation Breakdown”. I thought it wasn’t bad, but it didn’t make me want to watch the rest of the series.

Then I beta-read this fic and wondered who this “Knock Out” was; obviously someone who had something in common with the Stunticons, which made me curious enough to check out the episodes “Speed Metal” and “Deus Ex Machina”.

Now I am *so* hooked on TF: Prime and Knock Out is my favorite character. Thanks, Taipan Kiryu… wouldn’t even have known about the awesomeness if not for you. :)

But let’s get back to the review. This story is so well-constructed. As another reviewer said, the repetition of Motormaster’s last words works; it leads into the flashback and made me wonder just what happened to the other Stunticons, and how Breakdown kept them alive. The mention of Drag Strip and Wildrider playing at being ninjas was funny and touching and very much in-character, but it also hinted at their connection to Knock Out, and then there was the revelation of what actually happened all those years ago.

The dialogue-only scene makes that secret even more stark and gripping. And poor Hook. I wonder where he ended up in this ‘verse.

This line made me so sad, though : “Sometimes Breakdown mispronounced words intentionally just to hear Knock Out correct him, like Dead End used to do.” What’s even more heartbreaking is that Breakdown will always have to carry this secret like a weight in his spark. It would be unfair to Knock Out to do otherwise, to tell him about a past he can never recall (three pasts, actually), and the ghosts of the mechs who combined to give him life.

But this *is* a happy ending, because as you said, “within his gestures, his actions, the elegant timbre of his voice… there, Dead End, Wildrider and Drag Strip lived”. Yes, they do live; you can see Drag Strip’s skill at racing and Dead End’s vanity and cool so clearly in Knock Out. Even a flash of Wildrider’s joie de vivre shines through. Breakdown did keep his promise, and I believe he always will.

Wonderful fic. It was a privilege and a pleasure to read this.
Whozawhatcha chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Wow, I'm really . . . nearly almost crying. It took me a minute to realize halfway through this that all three of them WERE Knockout, and I was very impressed with that peculiar twist. It was very . . . heartfelt. I've always loved Breakdown's subtle personality, and this is making me hope season 2 of Tranformers Prime will do him as much justice as you have. Can only hope, but doubt they will . . .

You did wonderful, and I really love this. One of my favorite new stories