Reviews for Breaking the Fourth Wall
StoryMing chapter 1 . 3/20/2015
This also gives new meaning to the Witch's line about "Some of us don't like the way you've been telling it," and her decision to throw the Narrator to the Giant.
TheKingdomofWaffles chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Oh wow. Normally I hate short fanfics (they're usually rather poorly written and not thought out), but this was quite the contrary. It was powerful, well written, creative, and just all around wonderful. Excellent job! Keep writing! -Emma
jb-ar-love chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
That was cool :D I love playing with the fourth wall :D
irisgoddess chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Amazing! I love the idea!
Glacier chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I wonder why there's so many more good writers within this area of fanfiction. Ah well. We did this play at my school recently, and the narrator and baker's father were entirely seperate people. But this is a very creative concept, and could go places rather quickly, as well.
LavenderQuetzal chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Absolutely lovely. Great work.
Hannah chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Beautiful idea! I love it! And I haven't seen one for that. At least, not a complete one.
People Person I'm Not chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Oh, neat! This is a neat take. It's cool that you gave him the name Tom...after Tom Aldredge, I'm guessing. My school just did INTO THE WOODS as our musical...in fact, I'm wearing my shirt from it right now (I was in the orchestra) and the narrator and the mysterious man were two different people, but I do really like the connection. Pippin
Arsha Clarek chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
That was *really* interessting! That was a really unique plotline that kept me hooked. It stayed nice and concise. I liked it!
zoe alice chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Really interesting idea.
FrauThenardier chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
WOW. This... is... amazing. You, Eldunari Liduen, have just written as close to a perfect Into the Woods fic as I have ever seen. I love the concept of having the narrator and the mysterious man be the same person AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the idea that the Baker's Mother died of childbed! (I always thought it was supposed to be having the baby taken away that killed her, which I thought was COMPLETELY unrealistic, so in my fics I have it as she FIGURATIVELY died, ie never was the same again, ie went mad and then later on actually dies, but yours is SO MUCH BETTER. Seriously, brilliant.)

In short, I really hope you continue to write for the Into the Woods section!
TheatreGeek98 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This is great! It's interesting to see something like this here. It's rare we even get new stories, or updates. I don't know how I feel about Jack's mother raising/knowing the Baker, because she seems semi-hostile to him during the play.

I would love to read anything with CInderella's Prince/Wolf. I'm actually working on a story about him right now, but I find if I'm writing more than one thing at once, neither get finished.

In summary, great job using a character other than Baker, Jack, Red, Cinderella, Baker's Wife, or the Witch in an interesting way!