Reviews for The Continuum Deception
sg1star chapter 37 . 7/26
Have enjoyed this story immensely..it had been laughing but also staying up late or trying to read in between shifts ...thanks for a good novel
Wow that was amazing I would love to have that as a paper back book,I'm sad that the story had to end, thanks for the story.
N296 chapter 37 . 9/25/2019
Reading this story for the fourth time... My favourite. Great work
jacats chapter 37 . 10/17/2018
WOW! What a great story! Somehow i've missed this one of yours don't know how, I thought i'd read it before but I hadn't! I'm so glad I have now it was incredible! Thanks so much for writing it so brilliantly!
QueenNaberrie chapter 2 . 12/3/2017
PS Sorry for the typos. I hope it still makes sense. I was typing fast on my phone and I think I didn't catch a the wrong spell check changes my phone made. :(
QueenNaberrie chapter 1 . 12/3/2017
Ever since I read this, I've had this idea about a possible sequel. I don't know how far the idea could be taken, but here it is. What if Col. O'Neill didn't disappear when the timeline shifted and Maybourne's people finds him, taking then before their king, of course. O'Neill, upon seeing him there as king with many wives, remembers what Sam had told him about Maybourne's fate in his timeline. He then realizes that he didn't disappear and everything he ever knew is gone, including his son Tyler. This devastates him, but Maybourne offers to dial Earth for Jack to confirm his story...plus he's got an ulterior motive. He's craving some Earth food like a burger or a steak so he asks a favor too. lol General O'Neill is still at the SGC because it hasn't been that long since the end of your story. After O'Neill goes through the gate, he is initially met by Landry, Sam, and Daniel. Jack hangs back initially so he doesn't freak his counterpart out right away. But he's listening in. O'Neill is leery of Landry because of the way his counterpart was likening his time line but he explains how he was dumped on that planet by Sam and Daniel, to whom he say, " Oh, and that you for that, by the way," with sarcasm. Sam doesn't understand how this could have happened. Although, Daniel asks if it's possible if O'Neill triggered something in the ruins Janus left on that planet with the ATA gene to create a temporal bubble not unlike the one the ruins in The Groundhog Day episode did. Of course, that needs investigating. In the meantime, O'Neill goes to the infirmary for a checkup and allowed to take a shower before a debriefing. He shows up in blue BDUs under guard and Jack is in green BDUs. Their idea is that he can't do anything to change the timeline back so he's not really a threat. He asks if he will be a prisoner. He is told no but he will need to stay on base for awhile until he gets acclimated to their timeline and they set up his identity. They plan to set him up as Jack's estranged twin brother so he can keep the O'Neill name, and let him choose his first and middle name. He can time share with Jack's cabin; and Jack asks Sara, who is going through a messy divorce with her 2ND husband, if she would be willing to be a familiar face for O'Neill. She already knows about the Stargate program because of the crystal entity. She agrees, especially knowing that he essentially just lost his son Tyler. She feels she is the best person to help him with that. O'Neil feels guilty about cheating on Sara in his world, even if under orders so their would be a subplot there. He still lusts for Sam with causes issues there. Sam ends up not being a pregnant. Her body still was readjusting after being on birth control so long. Although, Jack and Sam do start trying to have a baby. As for a job for O'Neill, they offer him full Air Force retirement benefits. Although some plan Bs they have are Atlantis or have him work as a government agent because he could get bored. Sara may fall for alternate Jack and maybe Jack fall in love with Sara. Well...that's a few ideas anyway. If you want to use these ideas, I'd be OK with that since they were inspired by your story to begin with. :)
QueenNaberrie chapter 37 . 11/26/2017
Wow! What a ride! You really captured all of the characters well. I could imagine all of them saying what they did and behaving the way they did under those circumstances. Although, poor Daniel still not having his leg and I felt bad for alternate-Jack being dumped on that planet after everything he and Sam went through; but in the grand scheme of things with the timeline reset, it was only temporary. If Sam is pregnant with alternate-Jack's baby...Jack is right. At least if Sam cheated on him...it was with another version of him. So in a way it wasn't really cheating per de...and the child would genetically still be his child no matter how he or she was conceived. Thank you for sharing this great alternate version of Continuum. I really enjoyed it!
miamaymatt chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
Wow! This is one of the best fan fictions I have read. The plot is very well thought out. The characterizations are spot on. The writing is excellent. I can't believe English isn't your first language. The ending was very satisfying as well. I really didn't want to spend chapters with Jack coming to turns with everything. This was perfect. Part of me wants to know if Sam was pregnant, but I think you were right to end it the way you did. Thanks for an enjoyable story! I can't wait to rest of your stories.
dietcokechic chapter 37 . 3/26/2017
*claps enthusiastically* wow! I just spent much of the past two days reading this story, and although my eyes are a bit gritty (due to lack of sleep), I immensely enjoyed every minute of it!

At first, I thought your story was another novel-length post continuum tale (one that I had read several years ago and enjoyed), but by the third or so chapter, I gleefully realized it was something new, and became excited when i realized I had stumbled upon a long, well-written jack and Sam adventure!

I loved the writing, pacing and characterization, everything was just so good! The story telling was brilliant, and full of subtle, unexpected surprises. I very much approved of the Sam and O'Neill's slow descent (or is it ascent?) into intimacy.

My only minor critique, is that it felt rather abrupt when Daniel and Adam left O'Neill on mayboune's planet. It was surprising to me that Sam would have entered a relationship with Alt-Jack, be potentially carrying his child, but still be able the just dump him on a planet and go. I get that she was returning to her original Jack, but that still meant leaving this one alone and angst-filled for a few hours. I thought for sure she was going to (finally!) tell him they were married. Have him consider *that* rather than his displeasing some for his remaining time. ::grin::

But in the end it didn't matter! I just came kpleted a really great story! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and imagination!
c3lia chapter 37 . 8/7/2016
perfect plot, dialogues and descriptions! would have loved to watch this play in the 'big screen' :)
Loufoca chapter 37 . 10/22/2015
Hello,

It took me a while to leave you a review because I was not sure of what to say.

I really REALLY enjoyed reading it. It's the only fanfiction I've read that takes place that late in the timeline of SG-1, because I usually prefers fanfictions of the earlier seasons, but for some reason I was really attracted to your summary. I'm really glad I was because the story is really good.

I saw that English is not your first language and I cannot believe it! Frankly, I'm jealous, I would love to be able to write this well in English (which is not my first language too). Congratulations!

The action itself is full of tension and stress, and I was really scared that Sam would be caught before she could change the timeline. I felt like you really knew where you were going, that everything was calculated and I had NEVER seen the Osiris ship plan coming. I pride myself as a pretty big SG-1 fan, but kudos: you know/remember more details than I do. I liked that you were able to surprise me, it doesn't happen very often in fanfictions.

On the other end, I am not sure that I approve the "ethic" of the whole thing, and that's why it took me so long to write this review. You started with a very difficult premise that Jack's son is alive, and therefore Sam would have to "kill" him in order to change the timeline. In addition to that, they both engage in a relationship that is amoral because they are both lying, cheating and using each other, but that is also beautiful and romantic in a way. I kind of expected the end to solve these two dilemma but it didn't because they were impossible to solve. When I think about it, I would have finished the story the same way you did. I searched and searched, but I didn't find any other satisfying way of doing so. Maybe bring Jack's son with them? But how and also he would have to live with a father that is not really his father. Bring the other Jack back with them too? But then "our" Jack would disappear forever. Not change the timeline? Or change it a little? As I said, nothing I can imagine satisfies me, and therefore I understand that you chose this end. I'm just not sure I like it.

All in all, I am very happy that I read this story because it really entertained me, kept me wanting more and reminded me how much Stargate is amazing. Thank you for writing it!
HoundyMagnus chapter 37 . 8/23/2015
Wow. First time I read this story I finnished after few chapters because I couldn't get over the nature of Colonel O'Neill's ehm mission, for me it was just wrong and so unfair to Sam.
But then I read more of your other stories and decided to give this one second chance. And I am glad I did it!

It's so well written, you thought of everything. I love your characterizations, your plot and how it came to the end. And I hope this story could be published as "official SG novel" because some of them aren't even close in quality to this one. You did an awesome job!
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 37 . 8/4/2015
Expertly done!
Guest chapter 37 . 7/31/2015
Excellent story. You are an amazing writer.
Anna chapter 37 . 7/2/2015
What a great story, I don't think that any review I could write in the time I have could possibly do justice to this amazing story! I love the way that Sam was in control the whole time and your fix is way better than the original! Thank you for such a great story!