Reviews for Boys with Girlfriends
rainbowlollipops15 chapter 11 . 9/29/2013
i love this story so freaking much it makes my cheeks ache from smiling and my chest all tight. It is, in one word, superb.
SadnessInTheSunrise chapter 11 . 9/24/2013
Okay, can I just say Woooowza, what a ride, this was good, like a new favorite good and I never read anything remotely wolf-friendly (I'm a romantic at heart and so have always been pro vamp, and it's like you said in you AN, the whole youth and beauty thing are real turn ones for the estrogen pushers out there, so yeah) ...but I gotta say that this story opens up a whole lotta diff issues, like the fact that Twilight was written by a woman and so the voice lends towards feminine, even in Edward's parts, I've become sensitive to that lately, if an author can overcome preconceived notions to portray a gender well without coming off cheesy and douchey, which you do very well btw. I loved Ruth and how she was exactly like a little girl lost and trying to figure out her way, but still so fierce, and it also helped that she was female, I can say all I want about age being a number, but in the end i still get squicked out about cougars, it's a personal failing, so what ev, but it also made the sort of forced kiss come off a little easier, when Jacob did it, it came off rape-y, but with Ruth it just seemed desperate. Oh and I truly don't understand how I never picked up on the passive-aggressive thing, I grew up in that environment, that whole: no, no. whatever you want, that will make me happy, when both parties clearly know that whatever is said next will likely be the wrong thing said. that was one of the things that made me a fan of Jasella fics, the eye opener of Bella usually just agreed with whatever Edward said because he was oh so pretty. you built a foundation with ruth and lucas that Stephanie built with jacob and bella that never really happened with edward and bella. I've always had a love hate relationship with Twilight that my friends think is hilarious, le sigh, but it's the wonderfully written stories like these that make me so happy i did fall into complications with that story, you make me think about the things i know, you made me sympathize with jacob by putting it in terms i understand, in girl terms. you did such a great thing here and i want to say thank you for sharing it.
Sadness (sorry about the ramble, I'm just so filled up with thought I'm hoping it comes of as semi-coherent)
Foxtale3 chapter 11 . 8/8/2013
Impressive work here, and a thoughtful analysis of the series. I like this a LOT more than where Meyer took things.
BIGLILL64 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Wow this was great. I'm a guy that read twilight and hatred it for the most part. This was a much better version it . I wish it were a longer series , loved it!
Q u e e n V a m p chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
I love you and this would have been so much better and love. you.
ReadingIsSexy15 chapter 11 . 5/18/2013
fucking awesome! loved this! never read anything like it before!
lovleyneha chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I just love you and your stories... They are awesome... Going to read them again.
wasnotthe1 chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I like Ruth's style
scorchedtrees chapter 11 . 1/13/2013
This was really, really good. Never read a gender swap fic for Twilight before, and it was really well done. :)
grrlinterrupted chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
So, this was my second read, obv, and it's just as fascinating a study of gender and character as the first time around (not to mention your masterful time jumping which is somehow never confusing and entirely tantalising).

There's a part of me that's become obsessed with writing Madge x Gale in the last year, and I think in part that's because of the genderswap aspects in reference to Katniss x Peeta's main story. Also, it's because I identify so strongly with a middle class girl who is trying from her privileged position to make some tiny differences in an insanely fucked up world. But who doesn't Mary Sue it up now and again... ;)

That said, one of the main things I adored about this piece was how Lucas and Ruth were very much original characters, as well as homages to Jake and Bells. I think your ending is the most plausible one (and it's always good to see the hateful way female age and beauty is written in Twilight dissected) and I'm not surprised R and L are in your thoughts. Am going to trawl your master list for further snippets, in case you've gotten around to writing any yet. But anyway, this is magnificent. Completely.
ilovfanfic chapter 11 . 12/23/2012
oh god...i was not sure when i stated reading it. A bella/jacob but reverse. Different name. And a l together i wasn't into it...But oh god!
You literally took me in, make me cringe and laugh and stress by anticipation! I didn't stop reading from first chapter to the last one. I step aside from my computer only to take a walk in my living room because i was to excited to keep reading at some point!
You've reached into my chest,and squeezed until i could hardly breathe. It made my skin crawl...
Well done.
I loved it...and i'm going to check right away your other stories ;) !
anirok chapter 11 . 12/21/2012
wow! that was a really great, and I enjoyed it so much! :) I loved that in the end Lucas followed his values.
Choas Babe chapter 11 . 11/11/2012
I just want to say thank you for pulling your head on straight and letting the wolf win. Leaving aside my, truly numerous, other issues with Twilight, I may never forgive Stephanie Meyer for being Team Leech. I have strong and fast rules about my supernatural alignment, and I just fell in love with your idea of Lucas. And Ruth, can't forget her.

And just from your story, which is only a few scenes out of the books, I have to say that the relationship between Lucas/Mary (aka Bella/Edward) did seem very, unhealthy. And Mary was a passive-agressive, so was Renee.
dcurley1 chapter 11 . 10/17/2012
This is such a fantastically written, smart, engaging, and just...gah! It's just such a great story!
PoisonLights chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
Could this have been Twilight instead?

This was great.