Reviews for Boys with Girlfriends
mowmers chapter 11 . 9/2
This was excellent. And pissed me off in a serious way about gender identities and societal pressure and all that bullshit. But your story was great and your characters solid and complex and fantastic.

Also, I hate Edward. And Mary.
McAdude chapter 11 . 7/10
This story was beautifully written out. Your characterisations of the gender swapped equivalents of Bella, Jacob and Edward are amazing - somehow the unhealthy dynamics of the relationships were even more obvious in your story. The ending (and your explanation for it) just fit so well. An absolute pleasure to read.
KuramaxChan chapter 11 . 6/14
Hello,

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a well written story when I stumbled on your work, I'm so pleasantly surprised ! I totally agree with your conclusion at the end about genders and society's expectations and the consequencies, regarding the characters. I really like how you write the different way of thinking and desicion-making process of the characters. Your story really is a rare pearl on this website.

I must apologies for the possible error as I'm not entirely fluent in english.

Kuramaxchan.
Eshi9 chapter 2 . 2/23
Just wanna say, it's been forever since I read het and I really love how you're writing Ruth (Jacob)! Also, your notes/thought process on picking the names was cool, I always love seeing fic writers notes on canon :)
AraelDranoth chapter 3 . 11/21/2016
Oh man that little fight scene was funny!
AraelDranoth chapter 2 . 11/21/2016
Really dig Ruth's personality.
AraelDranoth chapter 1 . 11/21/2016
Finally! A twilight fanfic that's interesting!
Guest chapter 11 . 11/19/2016
This was absolutely AMAZING! Please make more like this.
dysphere chapter 11 . 8/21/2016
I like how this sheds a different light on canon and is a better take on genderflipping Twilight than L&D. Your guy version of Bella didn't feel nearly as feminine as Stephenie Meyer's, a very good thing.
Amanthya chapter 11 . 8/3/2016
I think everything you said in your a/n is absolutely correct. And the ending makes perfect sense. While it didn't feel like Jacob and Bella, they did feel like characters that stood well on their own. And Lucas's relationship with his mother - and subsequent almost-marriage to a girl that's basically just like her - sets up a very plausible underlying reason for his infatuation with Mary.

I always did think Bella's having to basically raise her mom and herself made her vulnerable to the first person that swept in to "take care" of her (even if he did it in a patronizing, stalking, controlling kind of way). And yeah, she was definitely drawn towards vampirism, but I always figured it as because she felt unworthy of Edward in her mere humanity, especially in her looks.
fireball900 chapter 11 . 11/16/2015
A brilliant story, and one you have clearly thought through. You've certainly right about Bella and how she views vampirism. I must say I'm glad that Lucas did what Bella never truly did for herself - drew a line in the sand.
fireball900 chapter 9 . 11/15/2015
Heh. Loved Ruth's line about Lucas' kisses.

...No scenes from Mary's POV?
fireball900 chapter 7 . 11/15/2015
I like how you've done Lucas' dilemma about marriage here. He clearly recognizes both his own views and others (in particular Mary's).
fireball900 chapter 3 . 11/15/2015
Poor Lucas.
fireball900 chapter 2 . 11/15/2015
I like Ruth here, certainly more than I did any of the canon-trio. She full of life here. Then again, I've always had a thing for rough girls, so I'm kinda biased.