Reviews for Ashes to Ashes
jennifer975 chapter 8 . 7/28/2013
I really love this story, it's very original and your characterizations of Bulma and Vegeta are spot on. I really hope you finish this!
LovedHopelessRomantic chapter 8 . 7/15/2013
Sorry it took so long to come back and read this chapter :) missed this fic. good job
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 5 . 3/27/2013
WOW! What an awesome chapter! Unfortunately this might be a short review because I have to go eat lunch, but I thought this was just a thrill ride!
You had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! Vegeta is such an ass! I mean really, Bulma is just a human, how could he have possibly expected her to get up that mountain? I could totally picture Gohan and Goku staying behind to help her though- that was very believable of them, even in an AU story. *FIST PUMP* Finally we get to see Vegeta save Bulma! Even if he only did it for the device, he still saved her! YAY!
You know, I figured Azuki would live, what I was wondering was how she was going to make it out of that situation alive! I thought for sure that she would discover her flying powers, but- no- you're going to make me wait for it! CURSES! What were Jude, Radditz, and Azuki doing? Why did Jude leave without saying anything to Bulma since he knew she was watching? What are his motives?
I loved the bit of conversation between Bulma and Vegeta! Hope more verbal sparring is on the way! Alright, I'm out! PEACE!
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
Whoa- what is Gohan doing? RAWR! I can't handle NOT knowing! He's not a traitor is he? I mean, he's Gohan for Christ's sake! But... then again, this is an AU story, anything can happen! If I was him and Azuki had me by the scruff of my neck, I'd have pissed my pants! Lol, Goku is so painfully oblivious, but I love him for it! It's one my favorite things about him in the series, even though he's the main protagonist, he's still all goofy! But anyway, I guess whatever Gohan told Azkui satisfied her because he's still alive at the end of the chapter. I can't wait to see how you incorporate flying into this fanfic. It's interesting that you took that ability away from them, I'm sure you have your reasons and I can't wait to find out whether or not they get it back!
Now they're on they're way to kill Zarbon! This ought to make for some epic action! You always do such good action scenes!
Like I've said before, Jude is a strange character... I can't shake the feeling that he's not quite on the Saiyans' side... hm, there's just something about him. People like him are usually only on their OWN side- always looking out for number one.
I like that Bulma hasn't already gotten over the death of her parents- it makes her a much more believable character.
Well, I'm reading on! This was a fantastic chapter! You are one of the few writers whose stories are comprised of perfect chapters! I wouldn't change a single word!
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 3 . 3/27/2013
Wow, this chapter was pretty intense! I have to say that though the tone was dark I thoroughly enjoyed the writing! You have exceptional skills!
I loved the beginning- Bulgeta RULES! RAAAWRZ! Haha, I thought the tension between them was almost tangible! It was entertaining to watch them spar like that. But you also showed us another facet of Vegeta's personality- it revealed that he wasn't completely disgusted by everyone he laid eyes on. A lot of authors like to paint in him as this wholly evil villain, and you remind us that though he doesn't show it, he's capable of feeling emotions beyond that of fury and greed.
I like that you make Bulma kind of hate him- it's much more interesting that way. But when you did the scene with her parents- I have to admit you had me thinking for a moment that Vegeta had actually killed them (which would have been unforgivable) thank goodness that wasn't the case! But still, my heart actually ached for Bulma. You have a lot of talent, and you know you're reading powerful stuff when it makes you want to laugh and grimace and cry all at different times! You're awesome!
I look forward to finding out how Bulma overcomes this travesty. Will she lose her mind? Will Vegeta show even the slightest amount of sympathy? Will we find out what Gohan is up to next chapter? Will I ever stop asking rhetorical questions?
ONWARD!
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 2 . 3/27/2013
Okay, I'm sorry, I just read your A/N and I jumped down to the review box to say this- WHO WOULD DARE ACCUSE AZUKI OF BEING A MARY SUE?! BASTARD! Ahem, she is NOT a May Sue- I HAVE SEEN MANY MARY SUES! If she were- she would be banging Goku and she'd be pathetically helpless (despite her powers) and she'd need saving all the time and she'd replace Gohan's mom and all sorts of stupid shit like that! Azuki is/does NONE of that! God, I hate stupid people! Though I have to admit that you handled that review far better than I could have! I love OCs! There a quite a few super awesome ones (like Azuki)! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that she is the most badass bitch on ! I will be back to conclude this review momentarily!... *reading*...
Lol, I wonder where Gohan could be going? Is he seeing Videl? And will you include Piccolo in this fanfic? It's perfectly alright if you don't- but he's one of my favorites so I was just curious. I can't wait to see where this story goes! And I like the bit of tension between Vegeta and Bulma- there my favorite pairing so no matter what I always manage to see the attraction (even if I have to squint). I'm kind of on the fence about this Jude character- he seems dangerous- especially if he plays with Azuki the way he does. I also love the way you write Radditz, I've never seen anyone write him this way and it's awfully intriguing! The relationship between him and Azuki is almost kind of sweet! (I'm a sap for romance, so you'll have to excuse my enthusiasm!) Excellent job writing this chapter! You're a phenomenal author! One of the best on the ENTIRE site!
KRTheBlackPearl chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
What a great first chapter! TWO THUMBS WAY WAY UP FOR THE BELIEVABLE AU STORY! You're writing is superb! And you're one of the few authors who can make excellent OCs! I read your This is War fanfic a year or two ago and was just floored by it! Azuki is one of my favorite OCs ever! Top three! And I'm sure Jude will make squeeze in their somehow as well (unless he is evil).
I love the idea of this! You have an excellent way of developing plot! You also have the perfect amount of description. I think a lot of writers on this site use too much or too little, and you've managed to find the happy medium! You have exceptional character development as well! Every canon character in this- well let's just say you've really hit the nail on the head! Even though it's AU, Bulma is still her haughty self, and Vegeta is still an arrogant ass! As well as Goku is goofy! I'm not used to seeing an older Gohan (only watched DBZ Kai) so I'm really very interested in seeing what you'll do with him.
Your setting is also intriguing. This One Ring and Two Ring setup is almost dystopian like (yayness!) Anyway, this should make for an epic tale! You've got me hooked!
Sanguinary Tide chapter 8 . 12/11/2012
XD XDD XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I love this. No, no, really! I do! Your OCs are really quite well done. There are times when I came across several lines and descriptions that I would normally hate to read if an OC is poorly done...and yours, thankfully, are not! Jude and Azuki are really well done...and I applaud you for it. (Jude is my favorite XD) Well! Until next time! I look forward to seeing Bulma's "rescue" at the hands of a very ticked Saiyan prince. :P
xSapphirexRosesxFanx chapter 8 . 12/10/2012
If only she could escape, take some medicine for him and be careful so she won't get followed.
BULMAxVEGETA forever!
Please UPDATE really soon!
;-)
smalsa chapter 8 . 8/6/2012
So Jude and Azuki did the deed, oh god if radditz finds out he'll kill him! Did she honestly think she would find help, oh Bulma! On the plus side I can't wait for what happens when he arrives at the town, got a feeling he's going to go all crazy on tien can't wait! update soon!
bval1 chapter 8 . 8/6/2012
lol vegeta :D
xxKhaleesixx chapter 8 . 8/4/2012
Awwwe shiiieet. Chiaotzu better help Bulma before Tien hurts her or worse, Vegeta!

Also, LOL at the I Spy bit xD
KimiruMai chapter 8 . 8/4/2012
Oh no, Azuki problems. :'( PLEASE LET HER STAY WITH RADITZ-KUN!
Crap, Bulma's gotten captured by Vegeta-haters, and Veggie-kun is pissed. What else could go wrong here?
smalsa chapter 7 . 7/13/2012
Yes you updated! I knew it, knew Raditz and Azuki were secretly doing something! And I absolutely love Jude the way you describe him, you can't but love him! I am hoping their will be more BV interaction in the next chapter!
Lindsey chapter 7 . 7/12/2012
I love love love your writing! And Azuki. I cried like a baby in This Is War! But, I feel as though you're focusing pretty heavily on the Radditz-Azuki relationship. Not to say that I'm opposed to oc's, but, this is a B/V and I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of their particular story line! I hope more development goes into that in the future. I'm very excited to see what this story has coming! And good luck with the writers block!