Reviews for Hero
Arpad Hrunta chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I liked this story, and Teddy's final statement is one that's very true and should be remembered.
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Teddy sounded so much like Ron at that point in time.

[he wonders if he could speak with his subject what would he say to him] - "he wonders what he would say to his subject if he could speak with him" makes more sense.

I love the line after that. And the end too. And the experience too. It's a really good idea, and as far as wizards go, unique too.

[Let me show you something] - that's not really a qn.

And the Teddy team rules! Stupid bigoted Ministry...still. I guess Kingsley's not MoM at that point in time. Shame, he was good.
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Awesome story! In answer to the question posed elsewhere, yes, you should continue.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
(Sorry this is so old - I'd reviewed everything newer with under 10.)

This is brilliant! It's such a lovely idea. I liked the scene with Harry; I think he would definitely feel like that about it. It's amazing how much sympathy Teddy had for Snape considering that his parents died at the hands of Death Eaters - that was a brilliant way to show how awful the conditions must have been. Overall I really liked it - it's really well written :D
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
This was a nice idea, one I had no trouble in following. I also thought it was sweet and in-character for Teddy to be doing something, and the bit about Albus made me smile. One thing I noticed was a bit of time jumping though, from past to present tense, and if you changed that it'd make the story an easier read, but aside from that well done :)
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I am quite surprised that Teddy would feel strongly about this inclusion. I guess that if Harry brought him up and told him stories about the war, he would feel the same things as Harry does. I can understand why the ministry and public might not see him as a hero. Hardly anyone knows what Harry sees in the penseive, and the man appeared to have murdered Dumbledore.

I think this is a very well-written one shot and I like what you've done here. I think Fred would probably have been an easy one to paint for the landscape as I think Teddy would probably have spent a lot of time at the burrow - having partly been raised by Ginny (or at least having spent a lot of time in her company). I liked the way you brought the story to a close too, and I think that statement at the end is something worth remembering. Well done for writing such an interesting story.
THD chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
"I guess you don't have to be a good guy to be a hero." This line sums up his life so brilliantly, I'm almost certain you were channeling JKR when you wrote it. I'm not normally one to like next-gen, but this is a wonderful little one shot. I also love the fat that Harry isn't surprised by his exclusion from the list, and that he doesn't support Teddy just for Snape.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
This is very realistic. I can picture the Ministry refusing to acknowledge Snape on the list of people who died during the Second Wizarding War. I can also imagine Teddy and Harry working together to put his name on that list. I really liked your characterization of Teddy; I've never pictured him as an artist before, but I kind of like the idea. This was well-written, and I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes. I really liked the line "I guess you don't have to be a good guy to be a hero." because I think that summed up Snape's role in the books quite well. Basically, you did a good job in this oneshot. Keep writing :)
Vayalin Whisper chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Now, I know that you shouldn't start a review like that but I don't like it when Ginny is called 'Gin'- Ginny is already the short version of Ginevra, so why abbreviate it further.

Now that that's out of the way, let the praise begin: I really liked this story, it is an interesting idea. I really think that all the people on the list would be happy about that project. I would have liked to read about Teddy's relationship with art- obviously he's really talented at it- but you ar ethe author and you write the story.

Good job!
By the Goddess chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
The overall feel of this fic left me feeling slightly sad, yet uplifted at the same time. Let me start by saying that until Deathly hallows, I hated Snape, even more so when he killed Dumbledore.

Now, I can bear to read fics about him.

Your portrayal of Teddy was magnificent, I like the way you subtly gave all of the characters roles, it was immersive and made me really get into the scene you were trying to create.

It made me wonder, upon reaching the end, what scene's would have been chosen for the others who died in the war, especially Teddy's Mum and Dad. That may have been because Tonks happens to be my favourite character, but I would have also liked to see how you portrayed Teddy's emotions during the painting.

Thanks for submitting this, keep writing!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012