Reviews for The Gentleman and The Hero
SpyMiss chapter 21 . 11/26/2012
I swear, I'm fangirling so much right now.
Love this fic, great job. 3
SpyMiss chapter 11 . 11/24/2012
I so have to say: Omg this is sooo awesome! Haha.
Omg, I can't even...
And the short shorts fetish, I lol'ed so much.
Great job dude! :D
Nayli28 chapter 21 . 11/17/2012
I'm not sure if I ever reviewed this fic the last time I read it, but if I didn't, I think now's a great time to post a review:

Wow.
I'm astounded by your writing.
Not only did you write a wonderful story about two confused young men - juniors in high school, to be exact -, you wrote in-depth about subjects within school that I, beforehand, couldn't explain with exactitude what my point was; I always knew these things were there, but I couldn't explain their phenomenon as well as you did in a fictional characters' e-mail. I'd give examples, but since I use a cell phone to read and review, I can't really quote anything, y'know what I mean?
Also, I noticed you also incorporated the cultural, or just lingual, differences in the story, and my, the language dispute is fascinatingly enjoyable, if I do say! I find it funny, and I giggle every time! xD
Oh, by the way, this is my second time reading; just saying. Lol, I don't know if I did, and I would scroll back up, but this phone is annoying and won't allow me to scroll back down easily.

When I read this the first time, I couldn't really take my time to look at the details as I was only allowed time to read at night and early morning (I began reading somewhere around the end of May, pretty much at the end of my sophomore year in high school, and I was bombarded with schoolwork.) I've been wanting to re-read this for a while now, and I'm glad I read this today, because not only was I able to read it as it was meant to be, but I was able to enrich my mind with simple yet thoroughly explained definitions to matters that can seem petty to the average teenager but truely hold deeper meanings fo them.
Really, I coudn't have explained them better than that. I'm really impressed with your writing! Seriously glad I read this again.
Oh, also, I got to learn a ton of vocabulary words that will be extremely useful for my AP US History class (I have to write an essay due Monday...second one this week...I'm sure I'll be getting a good grade!). :D

Thanks so much for the story. It's entertaining, sweet, humorous, and beautiful.
Maybe I'll re-read it again someday when I'm a Senior in high school. Lol :)
Anon chapter 21 . 11/16/2012
Aaaah! This is so amazing!, it has to be the best fanfiction I've ever read in my entire life!, and golly I've read them all!, haha! I don't know if you have any other stories but I'm going to see! Hah, and i followed your cute little blog ; u ;
Guest chapter 21 . 11/13/2012
just a few words, this was AWESOME! I truely meant it! just thank you so much for wonderful piece of art.
xUpxInxFlamesx chapter 21 . 11/6/2012
Darling Hungary can actually write some decent fanfiction... But when she decides to "flower it up" even more...?! O.e (I could so tell she was holding back with the fangirl language in the "fic", though... X3 And those brackets? Oh, LAWDY ME!) Anywho, yes, I concur with just about everybody else who reviewed on this thing: I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS FIC! It was so sweet, and at first I thought they were a bit OOC, you know, deep conversations and all, but then I thought, "Well, of COURSE they would be like this! I mean, it's an ANONYMOUS EMAIL PROGRAM for goodness' sakes!" ;D So, congrats on writing one of the top reviewed fics in this fandom (that's rated below M XD) that totally deserves it!
P.S. OMG, and with that cute little "movie quotes business" inside joke that they had goin' on? I just couldn't get enough of it!
P.P.S. Actually, I couldn't get enough of a lot of this story...
P.P.P.S. And now my review is probably starting to look like Al's email in the third chapter. X9
pentagram detected chapter 21 . 10/15/2012
so, liz literally creeped the fuck out of me
holy shit
official-trash-queen chapter 21 . 10/14/2012
I love this story soo much! Asdfghjkl! 3 They were both really in character and reading their 'conversations' really makes you wonder what they were thinking and how they reacted (in a sense) This just me? Haha
abandonedaccount123456790000 chapter 20 . 10/9/2012
This was honestly one of the best fanfictions I have ever read. I'm going to recommend it to everyone. It reminded me so much of my relationship with my girlfriend. She is obsessed with BBC's Sherlock and she's quite a bit like Arthur. I'm fairly like Alfred myself. I really hope to see more from you as an author. This made my day. I stayed up all night reading this fic and all day thinking about it. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful piece. It made me realize again why I love USUK.
LucyWithoutDiamonds chapter 21 . 10/1/2012
I don't know how to tell you how awesome this is.
LovelyKnight chapter 21 . 9/22/2012
This is, without a single doubt, the best fanfic I've ever had the pleasure of reading. The way you captured both of their characters was absolutely adorable, and I believe that this is was really would have happened. I started reading them with Arthur and Alfred's voices in my head- and though each email was exasperatingly long, I thoroughly enjoyed reading them. I loved how you showed us what happened in the library by using the fangirls/boys (I would never even considered the idea)! I'm extremely satisfied that you kept up with the theme of the story, and kept the chapters in email form. This whole story is absolutely brilliant (and I realize that I'm repeating my adjectives and such- my vocabulary is usually more extensive, but I'm positively knackered.) I really cannot find the words to describe how much I loved this- I can't help but identify slightly with Arthur and Alfred, the way you write just sucks me in! Anyways, I'm babbling. All I ask is that you keep up with these delightful stories.

Ta for now, I will be reading any other stories you write and I am likely to drop a few reviews.

LovelyKnight
TotalDramaRama chapter 21 . 9/16/2012
Finishes story: Oh what do i do with my life now
Reads that their is a blog: YES LIFE NOT OVER YET!
Yanelle chapter 21 . 9/15/2012
oh my... I have read this a few months ago... and oh Gott, I've only finished this today! aww it's finished, (I feel sorry for myself for reading chapters 1-19 in one day, then loosing internet connection and only finished this today...) I will now look at that ask blog, :3
India Present chapter 21 . 9/2/2012
I FINISHED! I really enjoyed your story. I will admit that I was not to up on fluff. I guess that means you are the first fluff I ever read. Yay! I'm writing this on my phone, so I'll get in as much as my little thumbs can stand. I really liked te format of the story. The only other story I've read in a similar format was a Japanese thriller told all through text messages. I applaud your memory. I myself would never be able to write emails so long and remember what was said in real life or other. So, USUK's memories or powers of looking things up astounded me. They have a lot of patient, which kept surprising me with US because I kind of see him as a ADHD type. I really enjoyed the development of the characterization through the emails. My only thought was that so much was characterization and back knowledge that I wanted to see a lot more action or plot to go with what was happening. I think because of that I really enjoyed the epilogue where I get to see all the other characters-even though I'm not savvy on who all of them where. I liked the break from a one-on-one to involve other characters. It was really funny and I got a little story/fluff then. It was really enjoyable. I think you did an awesome job and something I would have never been able to do. Applause!
meiyo-chan chapter 21 . 8/27/2012
I love how you put substance into Alfred.
Usually, people get very invested in Arthur's closed off personality that they forget to give Al any. I love your Alfred to be quote honest. Oh, what I won't give to meet someone as dorky and adorable as him. And how you kept Arthur, well, Arthur with all his indignancy and all even when faced with a confession from his crush. Although I do have to admit, Liz scares me so. Haha! And Alfred and his one liners! I was blushing and pretty much clawing at my pillow because it was just too cute! To be honest, I just came from reading a pretty dark fic and it's very nice to read a light hearted fluff written with actual care for what the characters are.
I congratulate you. And now, to follow your ask blog! (When I wake up, it's AM3:30 where I live. The things you do to me.)
1,178 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »