Reviews for Legacy of Uzushiogakure
Kronus96 chapter 32 . 10/5
My bets were Madara or Shuko’s son. Maybe even Ieyoshi, but I see the other two as a bit more likely. Madara has the power to pull it off alone without a scratch.

Danzo would’ve taken the bodies, Onoki would’ve destroyed everything, and the Third Raikage’s handiwork would be easy to recognize. Everyone would be cut in half.

It would be stupid for Saru to have betrayed them, if they were really so valuable, saving them and taking them to the Hidden Leaf would be more up his alley.

You did well with this flashback mini arc. You made me care a bit for characters I had no real attachment too. The story up until now has been slow in developing, in my opinion. The details you’ve added about the Uzumaki, about their village, and the Leaf have been good additions. I just feel it stretched too far.

Getting answers, real answers, is much more satisfying than reading about Shuko’s complexity in author’s notes. Personally, I never had much of a problem with her, and I figured she had a good reason for the things she’d done. Even if those reasons could never justify how horrible she’s been.

Shuko thinks Keisuke and Heiyako are emotional hotheads, but she’s just as ruled by her emotions. If she’d tried being direct with people, she’d get further with her family. She’s quite a bit like Danzo in that way. Always thinking the other side of the ones who are ruled by their emotions when they’re just as bad. Enormously arrogant, but not entirely wrong.

Kimiko, Hikari, Sarutobi, Kakashi, Shikamaru, Danzo, Sasuke, and Naruto’s personalities have been fun. Shuko’s personality is fine, she’s not pleasant, but neither is Danzo.

I kind of like the potential Kimiko and Kakashi pairing. Her coming to him and Kakashi agreeing to not go to Hiruzen felt like real friendship and comradry. It was prettty big growth for Kimiko as a citizen of the Leaf.

Also, Shikamaru is hilarious.

For the negatives:

The time that was spent showing Naruto and the other Genin come up to speed was too long for my tastes. That said, I haven’t seen much payoff for this build up in the 32 chapters I’ve read thus far.

It’s possible you’re going the way Kishimoto did with Naruto. He’ll not do much for a long time, then we’re hit with Naruto vs Pain. If so, I look forward too it. You’ve demonstrated the skill to pull it off.

I believe Sarutobi has been a bit too passive for a man who ripped out part of his student’s soul. While the old man had a weak spot for those he loved, I don’t think Sarutobi would have tolerated the Uzumaki quite this much.

Him not knowing everyone in The Whirlpool Village was Uzumaki doesn’t suit the Professor at all either. He was their ally for decades, how could a head of government now no such a basic fact?

The Uzumaki have overwhelmed the Exams to the point I don’t see how the ending could be nearly as good as Naruto vs Neji unless Shuko participates.

Naruto has no real interactions with anyone outside of Jun’s crew, and even then, they don’t have the emotional pull Neji had by this stage. This can be built up in the week long Finale, but I already felt invested in Neji and Gaara in canon in ways I’ve not felt for any potential rivals here.

Shuko managing to completely outmaneuver Shikaku, Danzo, Sarutobi, Heiyako, and Keisuke is a bit much. Her blindspot regarding the Leaf’s potential betrayal has been a welcome addition to her character.

Overall: this is a good story with the potential for greatness.

Thanks for writing.
Mac-The-Editor chapter 29 . 10/1
TBH, I like Shuko. She's a much better villain for Naruto than Orochimaru, especially with how you're upping the stakes with slight political intrigue and all the shenanigans the Uzumaki Clan get up to.

I've never really understood why people hate villains, but then again I have an unreasonable dislike of Kyuubey from Madoka Magica.
robert krause chapter 4 . 9/30
sir the name is Robert Krause and you doing a good job with Naruto and 2 is his guop be living in the home with him and when he put in the shops and others kwon things too , i like to seeing him doing the bounyhuther and running the shop too , a swords shop in the shop too , when the others clansman had put into shops to books shop too , as for his wife Tenten sarkra ion ,
Mac-The-Editor chapter 6 . 9/29
With every chapter I read, I love this story more and more.

Thanks for giving us such an awesome fanfic!

Cheers!
Mac
InYuJi chapter 6 . 9/18
log? for some reason I picture poor Shikamaru going crazy and talking to a log with a painted face just to curb the insanity
InYuJi chapter 5 . 9/18
I should be sleeping, but I nearly choked my laughter at the thought of a drunken Uzumaki streaking thru the Hyuuga compound hahaha
WarauAkuma chapter 15 . 9/10
this story has immense potential but it shouldn't be this slow i completely lost interest and am bookmarking it maybe i will get it later
FMA-Fangirl33 chapter 32 . 8/29
Damn, this is so deep. Shika you smart smart bastard. It's a good thing Naruto decided to show him the memories. Anyway, the story is so great thus far! Can't wait for the next chapter Author-sama!
FMA-Fangirl33 chapter 21 . 8/29
Damn, Kurenai and Asuma are pissing me off with their attitude. Poor Kakashi.
jayley chapter 32 . 8/28
so i checked out of this story sometime in 2015 when i was in grad school, caught up with the last half of the chapters and omg! this chapter really got me, so terribly sad, and had me disliking konoha as well!
FMA-Fangirl33 chapter 12 . 8/27
How bad is it that I actually ship Kakashi and Kimiko?
Helghy chapter 32 . 8/21
This is a fantastic story. I know its been quite a while since you last posted on it but please update whenever you can. I can honestly say this is my favorite fanfiction so far. Keep up the great work!
wtf chapter 6 . 8/10
fuck that hinata bitch hate the bitch just wish she never be wrote in any naruto story ever again
ShikamaruNaraKibaNaruChunin chapter 32 . 8/9
i just read this Amazing story. The Uzumaki clan was never expained this way. On top of it Only a few Uzumaki have been in the anmie Minus Naruto's kids Keep on the great work. Even though it will be a year in two weeks I hope you will update this I want see what happens Dont give up, keep working This is one of best Uzumaki stories i have read
CitrousWolf chapter 18 . 7/8
"big damn heroes." Firefly?
2,381 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »