Reviews for The Ghost of Satis House
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
Somebody should've told Miss Havisham to get over her heartbreak, take a bath and put on some clean dresses, and teach Estella how to love, but be wary of the wrong guys.
Barry Waterfield chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
A nice little short but I felt you could develop it a little more perhaps. The Havisham bedroom routine takes up too much time, time that could be spent on the old lady's relationship with Compeyson perhaps, or her plans for Estella. In a way this reads more like a commentary than a story, perfectly correct and to the point but not really revealing anything the reader does not already know or could guess at. I liked the way you introduced the notion of smell, that was different, it has always been something that has concerned me when thinking of Miss Havisham. I thought you glossed over her feelings for Pip too quickly, he is the hero after all. Toward the end everything become a shade truncated, try to stretch it out, tell us something of her time in Paris etc. This was quite enjoyable but read more like a synopsis for a play, my thoughts never really left the printed page.
LoveFromShinola chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
How have I never noticed this before? You've read both mine and I've never read yours! Shame on me. This was lovely, it really got into Estella's head and the characterisation of Miss Havisham was wonderfully mad and yet pitying both at the same time.