Reviews for If You'll Follow Me, Sir
TenthDoctor34 chapter 1 . 1/11
aww poor Jack
LadyAnalyn chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This was really good. I am a little confused though, at this point in the series no one should know Jack was a time agent, despite what he said to Ianto at the warehouse. I think they just accepted that Jack says random and weird things. Unless I'm missing something here, which is very possible because I am a blonde and originally from Southern California. Great job though, I always love a comforting Jack.

TTFN
jekyllhj7 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Great story. Really intense - prob cuz of my weird connection wtih Ianto and the fact that (other than the cyberwoman thing) I have had days where I felt like this.

Too bad I dont have a Jack type person. Sigh.
Bloodsong 13T chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
wonderful, brilliant story. it was very chilling how ianto was so considerate to prepare for his own execution.

i never really understood how ianto transitioned from being in love with lisa, and then traumatized by her death, and then going on with jack. this just explains it all so perfectly. thank you!
Cariad-456 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This has to be one of the saddest but cutest things I've ever read. 3 I must have screamed "JUST KISS HIM ALLREADY" at least 10 times xD
Winterine chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
What more can I add to what everyone else has already said? :)
Well-written, believable plot, excellent characterisation and dialogue...a great read! Thankies for sharing!
WhoMuse chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
What a moving exploration of Jack and Ianto's feelings post-Cyberwoman! Ianto's bravery, and the misery underlying it, are palpable, and you've provided compelling explanations why Jack opted for neither Retcon nor execution as Ianto was clearly expecting him to do.
I love that they were able to truly talk (because men often don't, especially THESE men, I'm thinking) and reach a new understanding because of it. And now neither of them has to be alone. :)

You've got some great lines here, like this one:

"I am truly sorry that this is so hard for you, Sir. It never occurred to me that you'd have difficulty executing me." Ianto shrugged. "I wish I were strong enough to pull the trigger for you, Sir, but I'm not."

When Ianto said this I got as twisted up inside as Jack. Ouch!
WinterDance chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Brilliantly stark and emotional.
Torchwood Cardiff chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Great story, liked it.:-)
ChimeraDragon chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Well written and creepy.

Like the ending and the imagery.

I really enjoyed it.
ukdramafan chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Really well written, and could easily be canon. My heart clenched at the thought of Ianto preparing for his own execution - it's easy to see why Jack would have vomited.

Please continue to write in this fandom.
Serenity's Lady chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Oh my. That was quite powerful. Of course, Ianto would assume he would be killed or at least retconned. He had been living with guilt for so long, and had always expected the worst from Jack (and who could blame him, really!).

I love reading about compassionate Jack. On screen we always sw the efficient, ruthless, forceful Jack. Caring Jack is *much* sexier!
badly-knitted chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I really enjoyed this, it's packed with angst and emotion. I loved Jack's casual mentions of his work in the Time Agency on other planets, in the future and the way Ianto just accepted them. It really does take a lot to surprise him!

A great first fic and I hope it won't be your last.
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This was shockingly beautiful. Ianto's surity that he was going to die at Jack's hands was masterfully done. And their conversation on the couch . . . you addressed the issue of Jack's missing memories perfectly, something the Torchwood show has never even mentioned. Bravo! :)
LilFerret79 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
This was very good. I cried a few times, especially at the beginning.