Reviews for In Elysium
Lenore Beadsman chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I loved it. I've read all your Sherlock fanfics in less than an hour, and I got to say... You not only write beautifully and with a great (tremendous) sensitivity, but you also perfectly get the characters in all their subtleties and give them to us. Like glass hards under rain and sunbeams. Thank you very much.
medcat chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
Sad but IC and very well-written. Well done!
soror noctis chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Really, really good. I love it, you got John so well.
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I watched the ending, my friends were all crying... And I was mad. Mad at Sherlock, mad at the writers... How could they do that? To us, the watchers, and to the lovely characters we've watched progress? Kill Sherlock, then bring him back? Why? Just so John would have the right to kick his butt when he 'came back from the dead'? No, I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way.

I love the way you wrote your story though, very in character. Lots of Johnisms, so well done! Just had to get that rant out of my system. Lovely fic!

~charliebrown1234
Ana Sedai chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I knew I was in trouble last night when I started sniffling within 2 minutes of the beginning. (Martin Freeman deserves another BAFTA for this one, seriously.) I calmed down after 10 minutes or so, since Sherlock was doing his usual bit and making me smile. Then when he and John ended up handcuffed together and were galivanting all over London, I laughed so hard I think I ticked off the neighbors. I was doing okay there, for a while.

The last half hour, though, I spent with my stomach roiling and my eyes burning. Even before the roof, knowing what was coming, it was just so *hard*. John never wavered in his loyalty, not for a second. When even Sherlock's own brother and his oldest friend respectively betrayed and turned his back on him, John still knew. He didn't just believe, he *knew*.

And then they talked for the last time. And I could feel my heart breaking with every word they said. And the ones they didn't say. And then Sherlock fell, and I saw John's face. I swear I felt the breath get punched out of me. After that it's kind of a blur of tears and hitting the pause button a lot to get myself under control so I could pay attention to the rest.

I knew it wasn't real. That's not the point, though, is it? We're all crying for John, who will be alone for God knows how long in this universe. He has no anchor, no mooring. He and Sherlock tethered each other to the earth. Without that, what does he do now?

I really hope they don't make the Hiatus the full three years, because honestly that's just cruel. At least in Doyle's stories John had a wife to help console him. I guess we'll just have to see. We're less than 24 hours into what promises to be a very long wait. We'll deal. Somehow.