Reviews for Pear Shaped
luckbringer chapter 1 . 1/12
You and WhoMe-2 are brilliant together! Keep writing!
long-live-HP-PJ-HG chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
Well, that was certainly white the tennis match
fruitsmoothy chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
:D so cute!
Ablissa chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
I took your advice and started with something shorter, as I couldn't wait to check out your stories any longer, and I'm so pleased that I did read this!
I'm sitting here grinning like the silly fan girl that I am because the lovely mix of fluff and humor in this was just perfect. You both did a fantastic job - both the Doctor and Rose are so very in character this could be an actual episode (if the producers of DW had any mercy on us Ten/Rose fans) and the way they feel really shines through your dialogue. I loved Rose's increasing courage and calling him out on being a coward, and I completely *adored* the Doctor's response to it: *"Do you really think I'm a coward, Rose?" he rasped in a seductive yet vulnerable tone.* I just melted. Lovely story and a wonderful job to both of you. :)
lifelane chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
Ahh! This is perfect. :)
Erc chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Have never laughed so hard while reading a fic. Hilarious! Fabulous job!
Spunkalovely chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Aww this is really cute!
Reading Ella chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
That was hilarious and adorable. "You licked my hair?" :D
ifan13 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I pretty much love anything that has to do with pears when it comes to the Doctor :) Great work! Oh so cute and well written, and both Rose and the Doctor were written very well!
Silverian1691 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
lol pears? love it! XD
Alix Cohen chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Okay, I've learned my lesson. Never take a break from one of your stories by reading another. They're too hot for that. And now I'm getting ideas.
Winged-Leopardess chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
That was...amazing! This is the best collab I've ever read. Two of my favorite who-writers together. This was awesome.

I thank you both for sharing this with us.
Electric Risk chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This review is a play-by-play. Real world time while I read.

Or something like that. This is going to be long, and probably won't make much sense unless you read it in tandem with the actual fic.

-Note- (Added in after the fact.) This is heinously long and mostly nonsense. Apologies. My job basically entails getting yelled at by clients all day (in a round-about kind of way) and they were particularly yell-y today. Still, despite the sarcasm and Power Rangers references, I quite enjoyed this and I do not want you to mistake any of my snark for otherwise.-End Note-

The first paragraph made me think of the first Power Ranger's movie where this alien goo stuff was sold in stores for children who brought the goo home and unwittingly enslaved their parents in hard, menial labor and thus allowing the aforementioned children to throw a never ending, unsupervised party of awesome and fun (that the stupid Power Rangers party-fouled up). A tangent of a thought though it may be, it was still very welcomed. I will now read on.

(Next paragraph: Rose's thought was interesting because she was totally comparing it to the Power Rangers too.)

Paragraph four. Obviously, the Doctor intends to enslave the adults of Plixis Prime in order to escape their persecution of his interest in the royal princess. (Don't worry. The Power Ranger references will run their course... eventually. Maybe.)

Paragraph five: Damn, well my theory was shot to hell.

LMFAO. Wrong lump of goo. Ha.

Willy Wonka? Oh, I like where this is going... (I am paying homage to your very appropriate use of ellipsis in creating suspense with the introduction of the Doctor/ Willy Wonka comparison.)

Oral fixation? Willy Wonka? ...My childhood hurts.

Oh god. He would bring up licking bananas.

Am I just making all the innuendo up?

I am truly, truly enjoying the conversation about the wallpaper. Hopefully this will save me from the anti-wallpaper stance I'd adopted ever since reading The Yellow Wallpaper.

Oh god. I just imagined the yellow wallpaper being banana flavored. Problem.

Time Lord and Human. Banana Lover and Pear Lover. There is just no end to how tragically star-crossed these two are. -tiny violin and dramatic transition to a close up of the Doctor's face- It's the curse of the Time Lords.

Oh-h0-ho! I see what you did there. Rose is such a sneaky little pear-trollop. Poor Doctor. Poor Banana.

Bwahahaha. See, I knew it would come down to licking things. And by things I mean people. And by people, I mean Rose. It, of course, stands to reason that the Doctor's 'banana' will come into the innuendo limelight here in a moment. Yes. (...Ooooor not.)

Come on, Rose! Pears aren't worth it! Kick em to the curb!

Roots of her hair? I didn't see that coming. Granted, I totally expected him to lick her somewhere odd and non-sexual, but not there. -sigh- Poor, poor Rose.

This is like an emotional tennis match.

I just got to the bit with the finger. No; I wasn't just imagining the innuendo before.

Oooooooh, buuuuuuurrrrrrrn! Score one for Rose Tyler! The Doctor stumbled right into that with the whole "everything tastes like chicken" bit though. Still, props are due where props are earned.

No, instead of "Do you really have to ask?" She should have tossed out the ol', "Does it need saying?" That would have been very slap in the face-ish.

Obviously, from here on out, I was distracted reading the good bits and could not offer you more of my thoroughly riveting play-by-play without ruining the sequence of events.

That, and damn I'm tired.

Common sense has infiltrated and I'm contemplating deleting this, buuuuut that was a whole lot of work. Reviewing that is.

Hopefully you'll just get a kick out of this and not assume (quite legitimately) that I am completely insane.

Still, this was cute - oddly phallic, but cute. (Oh dear. Cute doesn't mean 'cute' anymore, does it?) ((Suppose that fits with the phallic nature and the rather suggestive aspect of the pear.))

Goodness gracious. I'm going to stop now before this gets anymore convoluted.

Props where props are due!

Jonn Wolfe chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Ooooooh, how absolutely THEM!

FirstTimeLady96 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Hehe! This was adorable! You definitely need to collab a looooot more! Two of my top 5 favorite authors collabing is heaven.

10 exactly is Willy Wonka, isn't he? No complaints from me, though ;D!