Reviews for When A Killer Comes To Play
Elaine Weasley chapter 5 . 7/15
I loved the mystery machine quip:-)
Heather Snow chapter 32 . 3/25
Interesting. It was fun getting to see Eleven and the meta-crisis Doctor on a prolonged romp. I'm fine with not getting back to Rose, as I honestly wasn't a fan. I find two Doctors interesting though :-)
squeakythe2nd chapter 32 . 12/15/2013
Well I haven't read this story in a while.

I do however honestly think that this story would make an awesome TV adventure.

I know that's unlikely to the point of being impossible, but hey one can dream!

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read the sequel

oceanlover4evr chapter 32 . 6/2/2013
Haha, finally took enough down time from work to sit down and read this...
when I noticed it said "last chapter".
I was NOT prepared for that. (0.0)
150th Review... wow, this story's come a long way, hasn't it? And having Rory and Amy back, even if temporarily in a fic, made me feel a bit better...
Well, we were expecting the Doctor to (hopefully) keep James around, but hearing him say it made my heart unclench a little. Argh, these two... Though I love the way you have 11 explain it. You can see Matt doing it in his semi-awkward voice, kind of excusing his actions when there's really nothing to excuse for.
Good explanation with Rose... though the Doctor /does/ have a bit of a bad track record with exact moments in time...
...Ugh, with the mention of Angora came the forced remembering that Boots was dead TT Just... urgh. The good die young, I guess. But it's a possibility they might see him again, since his younger past self saw a future event of the Doctor... in the sequel. Which I'm really really REALLY glad you'll write *insert big happy puppy eyes here* Though yes, it will have to be a bit of canon divergence.
But that closure was really nice. Wrapped everything up in the best way possible. Of course, there's that little voice in my head whispering "the Doctor always lies" but in this case it wasn't a complete lie, and probably was the best answer to the sittuation. Time traveling life lines tricky to explain.

*Cries a little bit* That ending... was perfect. Literally tearing up here from the emotion. I... speechless. I know I usually leave lengthy reviews, but no words of mine can give that scene justice. You amazing, beautiful, masterful you!

Cheers to the best Who fic I've read!
Unleashed111 chapter 32 . 5/30/2013
superlc529 chapter 32 . 5/26/2013
Brava! I can't believe this story is over, but I really liked how you wrapped it up and left some open-ended for a future story. ;) I think that since you're not really writing in-canon by having James, you could write your 'own Season 7' for the sequel. So, a sequel that stands alone from S7, but comes important aspects of it... especially if you bring in Clara. ;) :D

I really loved this line: "It's the vortex that's bumpy, not my driving." - Totally a Doctor thing to say. River's acceptance of James was really sweet and her whispering to James to take care of the Doctor was very sweet. Heading to Barcelona? Nice choice! I can't wait to see what you'll write for the sequel! Excellent job on this story! Great from start to finish. :)
kuhekabir chapter 32 . 5/26/2013
I really enjoyed the story. Thank you so much for sharing! I have to say though that I don't see the point of writing a sequel if you are going to run it along season 7 and the upcoming special. What would be the point? I would love to read a sequel, but as some original work, not a copy of the series. Up to you though, as always. :)
Ryu Kitsune Bard84 chapter 32 . 5/25/2013
Don't worry I approve and I can't wait to see Clara's entrance!
Dedicatedfollower467 chapter 31 . 5/1/2013
Wow! I just found this story, and I really like it so far! I really like your interpretation of James, and I love the plot. I also love the theory that HE'S going to be the one to answer the Question! Anyways, great job, I look forward to the end!
Nikki Pond chapter 31 . 4/24/2013
Please update it's getting good I wonder how Rose is doing
Unleashed111 chapter 31 . 4/9/2013
I love this and has a spaz attach when i saw you updated. I'm in heaven with this story! I read it over and over like several times a month!
oceanlover4evr chapter 31 . 4/5/2013
If you’re updating, then that means school is going well? Either way, happy belated Easter!

I did notice the whole plastic thing, but that was published waay before I started reading this story, and by then I thought the way you had James interact with that fact was much too cute.

Hmm… distractions? Well, this IS the two guys who could “save the universe with nothing but a kettle and piece of string”! Though now that you mention it, they DO always cut pretty close to the time thing. You’d think the Doctor would be more careful, seeing how he reacts to losing people.

Geez, it’s an all out Anti-Doctor Monster war. Not something they’ want to run into, but sure as hell amusing to watch.

"Good. Well, everyone look who I found!" Oh my gods, he sounds like a little kid who found a puppy. Can totally envision Matt Smith beaming like crazy and grinning like a loon.

James, surprised, took a moment to hug her back. "I wasn't gone that long," he said, befuddled.
All the emotions and feels in the world… it really shows the bonds that form between travelers, in a way. Everyone becomes a family. They all care about each other, and their relationships grow... it's a beautiful thing.

"Righting a wrong…” and the coat. Just, wow. I mean, redemption is always surprising, but you managed to pull it of extremely well with a character I came to really hate. I was the coat—small gestures that proved the sincerity and worth of her words. It’s a small thing, that becomes so big and important. And her smile too… *Applauds*

“far more different... and dangerous.” Agh, no matter how many questions were answered, new ones pop up an remain unsolved. Curiosity peaking, but you make the suspense bearable by writing stupendously well. Still can’t wait to see WhAT James is in terms of historical importance…

And your imagery! It’s always so vivid, so scenes can really be seen and heard while I’m reading. “familiar, spine-tingling clink.” Of the spurs, for instance. Really chilling, but awesome too.

Wait, shooting, Silence…. Argh, no! Is Kovarian dead? Boots? Agh!
Darn, NO… I… well, damn.
It’s funny, I should have suspected something like this would happen someday, but wasn’t expecting it /today/… ow, that’s painful, right in the heart. Though his little speech he gave to Eyepatch before he died… I mean, how much of this man have we seen? We got glimpses of a childhood, shots (literally too) of hardened adulthood, and rare peeks at who Boots may truly have been. Like Henry V’s speech right bfore battle, I think this was the closest we’d ever get to seeing his “true self”. You really made an amazingly complex character here.
Wait, he’s a time traveler… and seen the future… so I guess we’ll still see him again someday.

Oh, almost last chapter? I really can’t believe it… I guess I can't really say things ahead of time, since we'll have to see how this resolves, but as always, eager for the next! And I'm intrigued at how you pull this out and end it... but this was truly amazing
SquirrelWho chapter 31 . 4/5/2013
Nice! This is excellent! I've read up to chapter 31 - started yesterday and just couldn't stop! I've been working on my own 11th Doctor story, but after reading your first chapter I had to pause long enough to finish all your chapter because - it's totally awesome! I love the way you portray James and that you call him James. I also love your Mr. Boots character and that the Doctor calls him that because he doesn't have a hat so he can't call him Cowboy. There are so many awesome things about this story - if I start to list them I'm going to wind up writing an entire page of this is so awesome because... So, I'll narrow it down to - you portray all the original characters very well - I love the characters you created (think they're called OC characters, but I'm kinda new at the fanfic thing) - the plot you created is very believable - I love all the twists (Boots is evil, wait maybe not, wait yes, wait no, dang not really evil but now he's dead) kinda made me sad to see him die - and I absolutely, undoubtedly love all the Wizard parts (I totally laughed every time I read it). Okay, so it's a really big paragraph, but not a page. Keep writing, especially about James, and I look forward to reading more. :)
superlc529 chapter 31 . 4/3/2013
I think it was a wonderful twist to see that 'Mr. Boots' wasn't entirely bad and having him save James in the end. That was most definitely a heart-pounding penultimate chapter. To be honest, I had to skim over the last chapter to remember what happened...

Only one more chapter left? Wow... it's been a long ride. I'm really curious to see if James decides to stay in their world or to go back to Rose in Pete's world? Should be interesting. I think he's gained really good friends in the Ponds and of course River and the Doctor. I'm curious to see how you'll end this wonderful story. Post more whenever you get the chance! :D
Guest chapter 30 . 4/1/2013
Listen, can I just say? I was on here, bored, and on a whim, searched "angst" "11th doctor" and "10th doctor duplicate." This was the only story that came up, and I just wanna let you know how good it is. I'll admit right here and now that you /do/ have some things I don't agree with (just head cannon stuff; Rory still being plastic, etc), but over all, this is fantastic. It reads like an episode. I can see all of happening, the facial expression, the awkward 11 hand-flailing... And while, personally, I actually love Rose, and think she and metacrisis are probably very happy; there is simply no denying the brilliance of what you have here. The characters are all really well done, and your original characters are nicely developed, as well as very interesting. The plot itself is worthy of airing. I also really love your chapter headings (which is rather ocd of me, but we'll not mention that). Honestly though, one of the best who fics I've had the pleasure of reading. So, I'll end by saying thanks so much for writing this, and I'll be waiting for the next bit.