Reviews for Iron Fist
Pure Gamer chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Wow, this was fantastic. I ate up every word. You should make this into a story, possibly a prequel-like story?

Anyways, this was amazing. By far the best one-shot I have ever read on FanFic. Nicely done.

Keep writing!

*This has been added to my community
xFillyStarx chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Wow, I love how you wrote this. Their dialogue and actions was so believable. :D Well done!
The Matter's Settled chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Wow this is really good. I really like the punchline of "I prefer yellow". That completely caught me off guard in the best way possible.
rayningnight chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Oh goshes... that was so sad. I feel for Cynthia and now I have a serious hating of Steven, right there, right then - when reading this. I was slightly confused as to why would he chose FLANNERY over Cynthia when he wanted Cynthia over Flannery (he liked yellow more than red, right?) so I seriously hate his indecisiveness.

Great story, love how you portrayed them both, and simply put, I love this story!

Actually, this sparked my own writing pen, and I have the need to write up a StevenCynthia right now! (Too bad I'll probably lose the spark before I type up 1000 words...)

-Twinklefeather
ILikeShorts chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
The descriptions in this are gorgeous. I love how they're both trying to be so calm, but the whole situation is anything but. And how you subtly alluded to their history rather than hitting the reader over the head with it. And the way it ends... unresolved and confusing, but with the tiniest bit of hope that it's not over for them after all. It's all really effective.

Also, I'm not sure how anyone can complain about pairing Steven with Cynthia or Flannery. There's so little we know for sure about these characters that you can pretty much pair anyone up with anyone provided you pull it off well, and you absolutely did. (And, anyway, I always got the impression that they were both relatively common Steven pairings to begin with.)
Tenebras Lux chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
oh we're late. sorry, lol

just saying, last time we checked, kanto and johto share a champion, not that it matters.

like all the other reviews (at least, most), we really liked all the ambiguity and the lack of words said... okay, that sounded bad. let's rephrase it: and the emotion and tenseness in very few words...? umm, yeah.

and contrary to what NicchanCute has said, that 'wishy-washy' line said by steven is plausible. and just because flannery is naive and innocent doesn't mean she has a shy or whatever personality, so its all fine

NicchanCute has half a point. steven and flannery? really? but that's why this story is written mostly for steven x cynthia. Cynthia is fine the way she is. she's nice, but cold-ish. and she stresses about her love life. so what?

we like it - it's really well written. like all the other one shots you've been writing lately... but... what about spotlight! O.O
olihmajor chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Huh, cool This was an interesting little fic, and the way Cynthia felt after Flannery (I think that's her) came into Steven's life was well described.
An Author's Pen chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
I enjoyed the tense atmosphere that permeates this story. It gives the feel of so many words unsaid, of past confrontations. The descriptions work to add to the feel of the piece.

What I liked the most was the hint that it might be over and one like ashes in the wind, or maybe not.

("I suppose you've always liked red, haven't you?" she calls)

("I prefer yellow.")

I thought the characterizations were spot on, I have always seen Cynthia as slightly spiteful with her cold smiles. The way Steven is portrayed comes off as both hard as steel but hints at the hurt he is hiding.

Most of all I complement you on the ambiguity of it all.

I hope you continue to write.
air lock chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
First off, I don't think Steven and Cynthia are OOC, or at least in my opinion. The games never developed characters much, so we've all got our own mind-canons, right? And I guess love does do strange things to people. :) In other words, the characters were fine to me.

["We're all fine, aren't we?"] was...asdf; (I just really liked it.)

Nice descriptions and flow, I must add.

Keep writing, and thanks for adding to the meager collection of my favorite crack shipping

- air lock
japaneserockergirl chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This was such a smooth-flowing, deep fic. I like how it conveyed so much emotion but with so few words, and the slight ambiguity of the ending made it even more intriguing. Keep writing!

japaneserockergirl
NicchanCute chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Hmmm...

I've thinking a little harder when I read this fic. First, this story more like a "love triangle" kind of thing, which is angst. Second, you were not give any warning about another pairing going on in this fic beside Steven/Cytnhia. Third, you've got Cynthia & Steven a bit OOC.. Cynthia's quite polite & soft in manner, to confront a person like she did in this fic obviously not her character. And Steven...Well, he is actually bold & sort of adamant in personality. A wishy-washy statement like he said when Cynthia asking his preference in the last paragraph, is a big NO for his character.

Based on the description, I think the "fire-girl" supposed to be Flannery, the Gym Leader of Lavaridge Town. But think again about calling Flannery as naive & innocent...She's not like that. Last but not leas, I really want to hear a reason why some people paired up Steven with Flannery. Because to be honest, there's absolutely no reason to paired them at all.