Reviews for Apples and Oranges
The-KLF chapter 4 . 1/7/2017
Haha this was fun!
Madhatter1981 chapter 4 . 6/6/2013
I miss this show, wish they made more than one movie. Love the way you wrote Mal/Inara especial the earring scene.

Good story,

Mad.
Hahukum Konn chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
XD Nice story! Very well-characterized, too. :P
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Hey, a Firefly fic! :D Nice to see a little vignette with the crew of the Serenity, with Mal, as usual, wondering how he manages to get anything done with some of the crew he's got (but he wouldn't trade them for anyone or anything).
shana.rose chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
Good chapter though I hope this isn't the last one!
RionaEire chapter 4 . 2/1/2012
Good last chapter. This story is like a comic book, with lots of action that seems comic drawn, but fun anyways, comic books have their place and can be fun to read. I enjoyed it.

Riona
Shrike176 chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
Well done, great getaway, and I actually found myself feeling a little sorry for Jayne.

I recall one episode where Jayne was a folk hero of a town where he robbed the magistrate, and it occurred to me that he probably had plenty of other enemies on other worlds, as he's not the most subtle of criminals.

As always, Mal has a talent for taking a near death escape and actually finding a way to boost crew moral.

Well done, hope you write another firefly fanfic someday!
Mar Komi chapter 4 . 1/29/2012
I disagree with the critisism you've receieved regarding Mal here - one of the things that makes the captain interesting is his unpredictability. I don't think he would have shied away from doublecrossing someone who deserved it, like he did with Saffron and with Badger in the comic book. I thoroughly enjoyed your story, I think it was fresh and entertaining and a lovely break from all the angsty romance. It was also great to see Inara's wild side, because I'm pretty sure she has one.
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I'm afraid that I have to agree with a couple of your other reviewers. I think that Mal has been double-crossed too many times to see the honor in doing it himself. Also,Mal is usually the middleman. He gets the goods from someone else and then makes the delivery of their goods to the customer. Ive never read or saw him initiate it himself. Well maybe with Saffron; but it was her idea. Also,Zoe didn't address him with her usual reverence. Oh,and did I miss the part where you stated the timeline was before or during Simon/River. If I did ;sorry? Overall, not bad though. One just needed to keep an open mind reading it at a few places.I will be checking out your other stories though and will try to send additional reviews.
Shrike176 chapter 3 . 1/25/2012
Nice chapter, I admit I have a little trouble with Mal being the one who initiated the double cross. I think he honored all his contracts unless he saw it would directly result in someone getting hurt. The one time I remember him doing the double crossing was the train job where he learned the medicine he was stealing would men a bunch of poor people dying of a treatable illness.

Usually he ends up being the one double crossed. Interesting turnabout here though. :)
RionaEire chapter 3 . 1/25/2012
Funny story. Inara would never get caught up in Jayne's stealing attempts though, she's too mature to be peer pressured into something. I loved the sentence "Now adays home had a grav drive and a family that most companions wouldn't be caught dead with". The bit about the guns, some working and some not, was funny.

Riona
Bytemite chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Uh oh. While Mal trying to pull one over on a guy who abandoned them is entertaining, I have to wonder what he was thinking. Jeopardizing their pay? And how exactly did he get a hold of a shipment of fakes? Mal's a middleman, people set up the deal and he delivers the goods, so, does he have a real shipment and he's looking for another buyer while he's trying to pawn off the fakes?

But, it's a fun story watching everything hit the fan. These are really only minor questions. I really liked Jayne's random mayhem, and Inara's contribution.
Mar Komi chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
"Jayne was just the kind of guy who ended up going through windows a lot." So true :) Funny how he unwittingly ended up being a hero. Great story :)
Mar Komi chapter 2 . 1/23/2012
Poor Inara :) Jayne certainly has a talent for getting everybody else in trouble. The whole 'shopping' scene was hilarious :)
Bytemite chapter 2 . 1/22/2012
Unexpected, but excellent. Completely believeable Jayne AND Inara, and I always like to see someone explore Inara's wild side.