Reviews for It must e n d
her-eyes-fiery-pinpricks chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Fantastic! Absolutely loved it ;)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
And you said you weren't good at freeverse...
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Interesting poem, I love Regulus! It's really good for a first freeverse!
Evon1222 chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I really like it. For one thing, I love Regulus Black. For a second, I think that you depicted his struggles extraordinarily well with this piece.

The form of the poem was good overall. I love what you did with the word 'more' and 'live'. I must say that I'm surprised that this is your first free-verse, as it is really well done. You have a lot of different forms (I suppose that is the word) compiled together here, but it works well and isn't detracting in the least.

Good work!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
First off, I adored the way you formatted this. Freeverses are normally so over-formatted that they're impossible to read, but this was really lovely. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I kept seeing shapes in the words that actually added to the meaning - a dagger for the first part ("He's not sure of anything anymore"), and a star towards the end (he wanted this" to "all bad things must e n d, t o o)... I don't know, maybe that's just me ;)

I don't know whether this was part of the idea, but some of the thoughts seemed a bit disconnected... I would have liked if the unifying theme of "it must end" was present in every single stanza, but the way it is now, it does give it a kind of meditative, stream-of-consicousness effect that works fairly well.

Overall, I really like it, and I like how you used the free verse style to your advantage. Great work!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I really think this little freeverse just managed to sum up Regulus as a person. I mean, it doesn't cover his whole life story and every little thing that ever happened to him, but it definitely touches on what Regulus is like at a person. I really got the impression that he's just a little boy underneath it all even though he pretends he's a man. Here's what I'm talking about, these lines are lovely :)

"He's a good little boy

{or, perhaps a man now}

{nineteen years and oh-so-old}"

Absolutely astonishing work for your first freeverse :) Keep 'em coming!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
This is fantastic. I love your formatting.
OCDdegrassi chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Ooh, I loved this! I've never read a freeverse but this was wonderful. I love that you used Regulus for this, because it fit so well with his character. It was sad and hopeful all at the same time. Awesome job!
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Wow - that is amaaaaazing! Please please write more - I love it!
CaseyRachel88 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Great job! The way it read was excellent - the snowy ** was the perfect touch. Well done!