Reviews for Face the Music
Lynn chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
Can she really be happy this way?
skadoo chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I like the "re-cap" of the journey all the main characters have taken from early in the series to S7.
I like the symbolism of the empty chair beside her.
I like how she talks to the ship.

I like how you've conveyed the idea that although Voyager is home, after having that goal for seven years of getting back to the AQ, Janeway is disconcerted now the goal is accomplished and there is a flip side to her happiness.

In summary, the whole piece is great.
e.bln chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This is a very beautiful little story - thanks for sharing!
DianeB chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
What a lovely, poignant story. It was a very clever way to get a quick review of Janeway's experiences in the Delta Quadrant, and it was good to read it directly from her point of view. I loved how she gave credit to Admiral Janeway for being the one who "came back" all of them - but I think she missed one, didn't she? *Captain* Janeway. Time travel gives me as much of a headache as it does the captain, but Janeway's forgetting that a NEW timeline has been created. She may not have to face the music without Chakotay.

In any case, this was a wonderful story, and I see where I may need to spend some time checking out your other stories, too!
PuddleTook chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This was so poignant and perfect! Janeway's voice seems to come naturally to you, even though she can be very difficult to capture. When I watch the end of Endgame, this is EXACTLY how I picture her feeling. And how I feel. You know that tone she uses at the very end, when she tells Chakotay to set a course for home? That's the mood you've picked up and expanded on. Perfectly. She doesn't really want to be home, but she's trying to be happy about it anyway. SO Janeway.

This line - "Deliberately, I force myself to look to my left, to the empty chair beside me." - makes me think of Year of Hell, when Janeway was about to ram Voyager into the Krenim ship and she did the same thing. I love that. It's so powerful.
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
You have a gift, this writing of Janeway's character. It's beautiful to behold. This sentence was my favorite: "And while I do feel immensely happy, it is a quiet joy, one that can't be shared, and it is tinged with a melancholy too deep to express in words."
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Excellent piece; provides the necessary extension to the ending that the writers denied us. Well done!
MuseandMe2 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
This beyond excellent! So well done. I think you capture Janeway's thoughts and emotions perfectly especially about Chakotay and Seven. So sad but so good.
LynnEGib chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
She seems more positive that I expected from the title
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Read this little gem last night, loved it! What a great story, so much Janeway, her inner thought, this made me look at Endgame a bit differently than I used to so far.
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it!
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Very nice introspection into Janeway's character post-Endgame here. I was a little wary of the first-person, but in the end it worked.

I love the remembrance and the recollection of all the pivotal moments that have lead her to get her crew home. All the people who have been so important to her, most of all Chakotay. I like that you touched on her learning about Chakotay and Seven; we never really saw that.

It's sad too because you wonder what is next for Janeway? She was so determined to get her crew home that that became her purpose, and now she has to find a new direction for her internal compass.

I think that this line just sums it all up perfectly: "And while I do feel immensely happy, it is a quiet joy, one that can't be shared, and it is tinged with a melancholy too deep to express in words." - it's just so right for Janeway to think this; she's become so used to her crew and the life of the DQ that she doesn't know where to go now. The loneliness is arising again because she realises that everyone else has a path and hers is uncertain. Love it.

I'm glad that the ending is hopeful; I think that that is something key for Star Trek.

Nicely done,

American Fantasy chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
That was such an emotional piece. I loved it,. You did such a great explanation of what Kathryn would have felt after they finally made it home, a lot better than what Paramount can write anyway ;)
jehc chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This is a really nice story. I could here Janeway's voice!