Reviews for The Beautiful Ones
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I love the way you deskribe Fleur and her family!
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Very interesting character piece. Teenage girl troubles - sort of.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Insightful and imaginative! Very well-worded.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This was so amazing. Wow. Most people don't see Fleur that way at all so this was a very refreshing read. I'll definatly going to keep this story in mind when I write Fleur in my own stories.
lilgenious chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Wow! I never read a Fleur story that had her doubt herself. I suppose that she would have if she had cousins right? I really liked this story! This in depth feeling of Fleur is great and makes her seem more real and human.

I cannot wait to read your other works!
Morgane chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Because of your wonderful, insightful (and totally flattering ;-)) reviews of my Narcissa Stories, I began to read your fanfiction and I must admit: I love it. I love the language, I love Fleur's characterization and I love the idea. Great job!
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
This was excellent with some great insight into Fleur and the Veela. Life could be difficult being only part Veela or part Goblin or Giant like Flitwick and Hagrid. Now we know why Fleur was driven to excel.

A fantastic line "Veela, of course, have neither cameras nor mirrors; their memories are too great for the first and their self-assurance too great for the second."
Unanimously Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Aww... I love the ending. It's hard to make changes like that, but it was for the better.

It's nice to see Fleur from a different angle...becuase she's always so stirkingly beautiful in the books, so superior to everyone. Now she's the lesser, the one struggling to find where she belongs. It's nice to see a side of her character that isn't developed in the bbok.

I also love that's it's a part of Harry Potter that I've never read about before. I actually read the Harry Potter Wiki page on Veela before I finished reading this. :D

Also the no mirrors thing is cool. It's an interesting way of living. Definitly separates the human world from the Veela world, even from the magic world...really cool.

I loved reading this! I hope you find time to do more. It was good hearing from you again. :D
Inkfire chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This was delightful, I love the way you pictured Fleur's family! Their love and their happiness at being all together was very well conveyed, and the scenes you described in the forest with the cousins gave off a feeling of unworldly grace somehow… The fact that Veelas have neither cameras nor mirrors was a very clever idea, entirely fitting their kind, and the special meaning of the number three felt very magical as well. I love the way you described the picture-taking. Fleur's distress when she realizes that she isn't like her cousins was very well depicted, and Guinevere's reaction was just right - understanding, yet firm, willing her daughter to come to terms with the facts. I appreciated the way you showed that there /is/ a difference made amongst the family members indeed, Fleur and Gabrielle were just too young to be fully aware of it. I think my favourite part was the end… You really gave Fleur's character some depth, the change in her attitude was insightfully described, and I like the way she needed to belong, to be beautiful and appreciated, yet she wasn't shallow at all. The way she embraces what she is, at the end, was a perfect closure to that piece, and really showed how she was growing up. Lovely job! )
Silver Sailor Ganymede chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
I'd never thought about Fleur's interaction with the Veela side of her family. This story was an interesting insight into her homelife. I liked the repetition of the number thirteen throughout the piece. What gave you the idea that the Veela originally came from Transylvania? We know that not all Veela are found in France, as they were the mascots for the Bulgarian Quidditch team, so is the number thirteen only significant to the French Veela clan(for want of a better word) that Fleur is descended from?
TheWordFountain chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Crescent, this is an absolutely amazing story! It was beautifully written, and extremely touching. You added extraordinary detail to Fleur's life, family, and personality, and it was great to see her grow so in such a short span of time. Truly, I love this. Thank you so much for writing this for my birthday. It means so much! :)

Wordy
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Aw Crescent, really amazing fic!

First, it was beautifuly written. It was prosaic, I loved how you vovwed Vela hystory and superstition in here. I loved how you separated the two worlds, how you gave the Vela world a certain enchantment, you did a brilliant job creating a new world in the HP verse.

I also loved the characterisation of Fleur. You have done her in-depth, you gave her characteristics that made her loveable and that made me understand her. And you didn't make her flawless, she was vain, but she cared!

And you also described the relationship between her, her mother and her grandmother, and also cousins very well. I loved how you made her grow up, not brutally and by force, but with grace and acceptance.

It's really sad you wont write more (or more often), but I hope you won't give up writing, beacuse you are one of the authors here, who is already a writer, who's words capture our attention so easily! I can't stop hoping though, that I will more of 'Inheritance" ;)...

Thanks for sharing Crescent!