Reviews for Mating: Seeing Red
Crimson Obsidian chapter 2 . 7/18/2014
I doubt your still working on this story but I invite you to prove me wrong.
DMClover123 chapter 2 . 5/23/2013
This story is beautifully written and has an incredible plot! I really love the poems too so please write more!
Suzaku21 chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
interesting idea
B.M.B.T chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
I Can only sadly assume that the story is dead? Though i really enjoyed Reading it and would love to read more.

So please! Is the story dead ? ; . ;
anonymous chapter 2 . 6/7/2012
you need to update this now!
Mr. Havik chapter 2 . 4/4/2012
Firstly, gotta apologize for the late late LATE review. Had some trouble lately.

OKAY!

I wasn't disappointed in that this was an uncool chapter by your standards. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it especially since it was Skarlet who was in the spotlight this time. I figured her transformation would've been an easy three-step job like I usually read elsewhere but this was a fresh breather. Its like a struggle against her own to somehow come into being even though she hasn't exactly been "born" yet and her pains show. If forming in the tube itself is so agonizing for her, then its interesting to note how well she will become adapted to transforming from blood to real flesh like she does in the game.

Regards the biology you threw in there, I can't comment on that. I don't know heads or tails about the human body (or anything science-y at all). Studied business from the start so... yeah... I feel like such a retard right now. I remember you're a medical student right? Then I guess what you wrote was right. Most of them organs I didn't even know existed. And I didn't know what they did either.

So poor Ermac's still confused about "love". Funny how he's so into the whole matter that he continues to read about it. I think he won't find anything useful in Outworld libraries. Why doesn't he ask any women, I mean besides Mileena and Kitana? Or he's too shy/bored?

I'm wondering that if Skarlet's "birth" is supposed to take long, is Ermac somehow becoming fixated upon her? I mean in a non-romancy way, but you know, obsessed why she doesn't work the way she's supposed to? I guess I'll have to wait till the next chapter to find things out. That reminds me, you just put in a really odd cliffhanger there. Random boy and girl in the library: I don't get why Ermac'd be interested in that. Or is the couple someone I'm familiar with in MK lore?

Oh well.

Might if I complain, though?

THIS CHAPTER WAS TOO FUCKING SHORT! Seriously, was like "Fuck, that's it? What? WHAT?"

I'm sorry if I sound like an asshole when I say this (considering how awful you must've felt when you lost the original document), but the third chapter has to be long enough! This one I couldn't even tell when I started and when it ended. So, please, make sure the other one has more story-matter than this chapter.

Okay, since I'm done with this here, I better sign off then.

Toodles~!
nivet chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
Good update, but I'll have trouble admiring Skarlet's appearance after how you described her...
anonymous chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
FINALLY. I thought this would NEVER be updated. Keep on writin'!
DarkAssassin15 chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Goodness it sure did take a while for an update but it was well worth it. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Man oh man Skarlet sure is going through hell. Hopefully she will survive.
anonymous chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Y U NO UPDATE?
Mr. Havik chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Ermac and Skarlet.

Not as much of a weird pairing as you assume it to be. When Skarlet came out for DLC, the first thing 13 year olds did was to pair Ermac with her because they're both ninjas and they both wear red. Same reason why DeviantArt is full of bullshit XNALara poses with nekid Kitana and nekid Sub Zero. The same cannot be said about Rain/Mileena, Reptile/Jade (though that was slightly cannonical when MK II came out), Scorpion/Tanya, Chameleon/Khameleon/Reptile/?/Profit!

Oh wait... I still have to review :S

Yes, well, brilliant story. Well written, well composed. The pacing is deliberate but smooth which helps the short phrases pack their punch. Normally, I prefer more description, but your style is really spot on and the story doesn't feel like there's more that needs to be told.

My only nitpick is the two or three spelling mistakes that pop up here and there. But seeing as you wrote this directly, its a brilliant composition on its own.

The characterisation is spot on; very believable and in character. Though Mileena's new attitude annoys me (I prefer the cold, calculating clone from the previous games over the bimbo version), it still stays true to the new storyline.

Its an overall great story that needs a little polishing for show, but it can still read great without it. Definitely something I will follow to its conclusion.
nivet chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Very cool, and your writing is great. You may claim that you don't do emotions, but since Ermac is something like a man child when it comes to things outside of fighting, it ironically works out in your favor. Also, you said there wold be smut. You better follow through with that ;)
SZ KT chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Dude cool story, I never knew Ermac was so cool! You wrote it wonderfuly. Anywho, could you please ( If youre continuing this Fan Fic. Or writing more pairs),take this into consideration, Please do a Sub-Zero/ Kitana chap.
DarkAssassin15 chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I really like the curiosity Ermac has in this story, the description of how Skarlet is created, and the fact that you didn't make Mileena into a raging mindless childlike character. Yes her description is a little like that in the new game but I'm sure she has her downtimes when not in battle. I think the best way for Ermac to understand love is to experience it, don't you think? :)