Reviews for The Spy Who Came In From The Rain
1sunfun chapter 20 . 2/12/2014
Black Lighted Clouds chapter 20 . 9/15/2013
This fic is absolutely brilliant! It was clearly very well thought out from the beginning, your characterization, particularly for Lestrade, was spot on, and congrats on being able to include John and Sherlock without accidentally having them take over the story, very nice! Must add it to favourites immediately.

P.S. I loved the bit when Lestrade came home to find Sherlock and John had broken in, it was hilarious!
Clieo chapter 20 . 6/19/2013
That was awesome! Loved it!
photo100 chapter 19 . 4/11/2013
Brilliant ending to a wonderful fic!
ladytokyo chapter 20 . 11/24/2012
Oh this was great read the first and second part is their a third?
ladytokyo chapter 9 . 11/24/2012
I love you for dropping Doctor Who in ever other story you write. I'm a huge fan sigh being the Doctor companion how fun would that be.
HarnGin chapter 20 . 10/18/2012
Your stories are entertaining and, for the most part, well-written. Your spelling, however, needs some work. Spell-check will not catch "defiantly" when you needed "definitely" or "quite" when you needed "quiet," but it should catch "arn't" and "wern't." Let it.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to reading more of your work.
fightandgiggle chapter 20 . 6/16/2012
I had a pleasant afternoon reading this. Thanks for writing it!
Mirianna16 chapter 20 . 2/20/2012
I love this fic. For the Queen and Country (Or Country and Queen?) It's more complete. Great job!
lidiladilom chapter 19 . 2/20/2012
The story started out average, but in the end it turnesd out to be quite funny and interesting.

My favourite parts were:

-Yeah, missed the heart, no worries... -:):):)

-do you know that feeling when... the decomposing body's smell... -No...-Well... :):)

-and when Lestrade tries to sleep at the end :):)

SO thank you, it was really enjoyable!

Toearst chapter 19 . 2/20/2012
Wonderful 3
Nikitas chapter 18 . 2/19/2012
Very interesting, I look forward to the next installment
Danik chapter 18 . 2/19/2012
love it)
KeepWritingKid12 chapter 18 . 2/19/2012
This is an absolutely wonderful fanfiction!

Now, I admit, I was and am still not entirely convinced of the whole "Mystrade" pairing but this fanfiction has made it seem possible for me to believe that they would work well together.

My only criticism is the characterizations of Sherlock and John. Sherlock seems a little bit too overbearing on the Yard, something that I notice is not really present in canon. He lets the Yard come to HIM or he distantly connects with the Yard rather than bothering them for cases constantly. Other than that, he's freelance. John, while concerned for others, is not overtly concerned in canon. Other than that, you have those two characters done really well without stepping into John/Sherlock territory. I appreciate that greatly.

Now, out with the bad, on to the good.

The characters are perfectly canon. I love how you avoid common mistakes made by same-sex pairing writers when it comes to characterizations such as feminizing one character or even both characters that are the object of the pairing. While they do cook or even watch Doctor Who, you make it just enough to allow the characters to keep their huevos. The characters grow in their relationship just like real people. Ernest Hemingway once said that "Writers create people, not characters; characters are caricatures". While you may not be the creator of these fantastic characters, you keep them real and allow them to seem like real people in how they interact. You do not make them caricatures of how an untrained writer would see them.

You also avoid the longing for each other that is commonly seen in many fictions about these two characters. They have diverse thoughts and don't have a one track mindset of solely focusing on their love interest. Using Sherlock and John to elaborate some of these subtle signs of attraction that Mycroft is showing for Lestrade and how Lestrade is oblivious to them is brilliant.

The "Iceman" seems to be melting very slowly in this fiction goes along; this shows that you acknowledge his status as such and respect it by not turning him into a complete puddle when he meets Lestrade. Mycroft, who is the source of most of the flirtatious actions, doesn't even understand how he feels for Lestrade. This is done flawlessly without angst or overt actions on Mycroft's part.

Lestrade is very straight in here. Whoo boy, the dance scene with Hoover really showed this one. He is very uncomfortable with what's going on but he doesn't say anything about it out of courtesy and the fact that this guy is a higher ring on the ladder of government. I thank you for not establishing that he has no set sexual orientation because if you did it would lead the focus away from the plot and more focus on the pairing.

The relationship between Mycroft and Lestrade right now is one sided. Especially when I read the part where Mycroft is glaring at the two dancing and Hoover knows for a fact he's got his colleague's goat. Lestrade has no problem (despite his discomfort of dancing with another man in public) whereas you can clearly see that Mycroft is quite miffed about having his "territory" encroached upon.

Onto the plot, suspenseful! I've been guessing on who wants that NOC list ever since the beginning and how that is going to affect what happens to the cast of characters. I've suspected everyone from Donovan to Hoover and I'm waiting for more! The plot is the center of it all and it is wonderful.

You are an excellent writer; characters, plot, development in all areas... you are doing fantastic! I look forward to reading more!
Nikitas chapter 16 . 2/15/2012
loved this chapter cant wait for more