Reviews for Almost Like Flying
Mal chapter 1 . 2/26
oh god. wow. this... this makes me think, feel, hurt...
The Richmaster chapter 1 . 1/16
That's... damn, just damn; you did a really good job of showing the kinds of mental effects that could be implied in Pokemon
Fencer22 chapter 1 . 1/13
God that was horrifyingly beautiful.
Elven-in-name chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
I can't believe it. Just like White Fang.
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
I.. there are no words. This is amazing. The characterization, the interpretation of the world - just- holy crap.
This works has gotten me more emotional than most published novels. Infinite kudos to you, dear writer.
I need to lie down and rethink everything about Pokemon for a little while right now.
BlackHum3r chapter 1 . 11/5/2017
...welp, scythers been ruined for life now. I also regret calling my pokemon names like "buttface" or "worthless" or "PCTrash"...
Umbruhon chapter 1 . 5/30/2017
Oh my gosh! That gave me chills. I love it!
Funnelweb chapter 1 . 5/30/2017
Wow. This was heart-wrenching, powerful, and sickening. It really shows the dark truth about the whole concept of Pokemon. I won't forget this.
Anla'shok chapter 1 . 2/1/2017
I was looking for this fic. I remember reading it a few years ago.

Skir's brainwashing made my skin crawl. Lyra's obliviousness is too. Is there a group of masterminds out there who've hidden the truth from the populace? Or do adults know but shelter their kids because after all, pokemon end up happy, eventually.

I'd expect the pokemon who are freed back in the wilds to remember and be able to warn the others about the true nature of a pokeball. Unless their minds are wiped as the bonding is undone?

It's beautiful, and terrifying, and... that's why I was looking for this.
LavenderCrystalOfRoses chapter 1 . 1/28/2017
WOW. You have made me feel so guilty. Darn you. But good.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
This just made me never want to play people Pokémon ever again. Great story, but it really fucked with me. It's so well-written too and that fucks with me even more.
something something 123453 chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
Watching the slow disintegration of everything Skir stood for into Ruby was so poignant, and so depressing. And to think I was going to start replaying Pokemon soon.
tremor3258 chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
That was grim, but very good.
marsolino chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Awesome. Puts a new perspective in how wild Pokemon become so friendly with their trainer in so little time, the pokeballs practically brainwash them... Spectacular story.
TheSilenceIsVast chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
Devastating. Amazing, but devastating. If I hadn't had my DS stolen long ago, I probably would have stopped playing for a VERY long time. As it is, I don't see myself going back anytime soon.