Reviews for Almost Like Flying
Umbruhon chapter 1 . 5/30
Oh my gosh! That gave me chills. I love it!
Funnelweb chapter 1 . 5/30
Wow. This was heart-wrenching, powerful, and sickening. It really shows the dark truth about the whole concept of Pokemon. I won't forget this.
Anla'shok chapter 1 . 2/1
I was looking for this fic. I remember reading it a few years ago.

Skir's brainwashing made my skin crawl. Lyra's obliviousness is too. Is there a group of masterminds out there who've hidden the truth from the populace? Or do adults know but shelter their kids because after all, pokemon end up happy, eventually.

I'd expect the pokemon who are freed back in the wilds to remember and be able to warn the others about the true nature of a pokeball. Unless their minds are wiped as the bonding is undone?

It's beautiful, and terrifying, and... that's why I was looking for this.
LavenderCrystalOfRoses chapter 1 . 1/28
WOW. You have made me feel so guilty. Darn you. But good.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2016
This just made me never want to play people Pokémon ever again. Great story, but it really fucked with me. It's so well-written too and that fucks with me even more.
something something 123453 chapter 1 . 8/10/2016
Watching the slow disintegration of everything Skir stood for into Ruby was so poignant, and so depressing. And to think I was going to start replaying Pokemon soon.
tremor3258 chapter 1 . 6/3/2016
That was grim, but very good.
marsolino chapter 1 . 2/2/2016
Awesome. Puts a new perspective in how wild Pokemon become so friendly with their trainer in so little time, the pokeballs practically brainwash them... Spectacular story.
TheSilenceIsVast chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
Devastating. Amazing, but devastating. If I hadn't had my DS stolen long ago, I probably would have stopped playing for a VERY long time. As it is, I don't see myself going back anytime soon.
The Bonecrusher Hyena chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
...This is probably one of the saddest stories I've ever read...I actually was hoping throughout the entire story Skir would escape from Lyra, to be honest. Its so sad to see an old warrior turn into a pet...
Bumblebee Madness chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
Oh my god... I don't even know what to say ;-;

I feel like releasing all my Pokemon...

This story was so realistic and sad and just... wow. I feel bad for every Pokemon I've caught now. Even though they're just pixels in my 3ds ;_; I feel so bad for Skir. And Blaze too :( This was by far the best Pokemon story I've ever read.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
The story is very good... sadly the grammer is hijacked by Farla's stupid made-up grammar rules. Maybe someone else would've been a better beta reader?

Believe it or not trusting Farla is a bad idea.
king-of-sass chapter 1 . 7/7/2015
That was beautiful and sad.
Melindax chapter 1 . 6/12/2015
Am I like Lyra yes I am and worse oh my god I hate myself and I hate those game who make me do all this holy shit
Fantastic work, you changed my life. Thank you !
ImpossiblyWeird chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
I will now release almost all of my Pokemon. This was so traumatic and made me think of the main story from my team's view. It was a great story!