Reviews for Insane and Rising
Arihimew chapter 1 . 1/18
Awesome oneshot with adorableness all-over!
Belle97 chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Haha this was hilarious!
andaere chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Hehe, this is cute! I like the running theme about the shoes and how you had post pre-series and during-series moments. Thanks for sharing this!
Lionhearted21 chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
Pepper's shoe obsession is awesome and I think its hilarious that Tony made it worse! :)
OnFireGeek chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
So cute. And totally true to Pepper's shoes. A very nice job well done.
AnnieAltman88 chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
That was so awesome, word can't even describe. I love the concept so much haha. Great story. Favorited :)
liine 95 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
XxThe Penny TreasurexX chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I loved this story! Oh man this was to good:-) Tony and Pepper in this are too hilarious!
FantasticJackie chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
This story is fantastic: a perfect example of those gems one wades through FFN to find.

Your characterization, whether through thought, dialogue, or action, was spot on. Your idea to take an everyday item such as shoes and use them to so successfully demonstrate so much more about the characters conveys a thorough appreciation of the world and a confidence in understanding their situation. It's such a refreshing change from what is found routinely in fandom.

I have to say though, as much as I love the Tony/Pepper pairing and the story you wrote for them here, what I enjoyed most about this fic was your writing style. It stands out to me; I was reading further halfway because I just wanted to see where you would take it next and how. I'm not sure if it was your diction or phraseology or the way you managed to tell every packed segment in less than 1000 words, but I greatly enjoyed the way you told your narrative. I feel like you not only told a good story, but also seamlessly included a mini lesson on how to tell one.

My only disappointment is that this is the only fandom you and I have in common. ;) - Well, that you've written, at least.
ummiuno011 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
OMG! I LUV'D THIS!

! #$%&*Kay Em Zee
roxypony chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Ahh, thanks for posting this! :D I love how it was centred around the shoes. Very clever. And the characterization was brilliant. Fantastic work!

RXP
ElizabethWayne chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
This made me smile. :)
CadenceofRain chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
The extent of my Iron Man knowledge is having seen both movies a long time ago, so I'm yet again very qualified to review this. Though really, it doesn't seem like any outside knowledge is needed for this one, so that kinda works out.

Anyway, love the idea of taking the theme of 'shoes' and running with it. Thematic stories that use the central object to show something else are always fun, and this was a good, cheeky way to go through the relationship of Tony and Pepper. Of course, cheeky describes Tony perfectly, so an idea like this was bound to work, and I'm glad that you thought of it. This really didn't seem like a 'romance' story at all, and more of a progression of events that wound up with the two getting closer. I definitely like one-shots like this more than the alternative, where the romantic aspect of it takes a back seat to the lead up.

Pepper was handled very well, and I love what you did with her character. 'Opposites attract' has always seemed kinda stupid to me and bound for failure, so I really like that you highlighted Pepper's playful and 'dangerous' side with the stripper heels and such. Their relationship being a giant game up until, and probably after, they get together really seems like an accurate representation here. Keeping Pepper's attitude and mannerisms somewhat playful made this story a lot of fun to read, and worked to make the story more interesting. It would seem like Tony would be the more fun character to focus on in most cases, but you definitely brought Pepper up to his level and made her just as interesting, if not moreso.

Tony himself was great, and you absolutely nailed him from what I've seen. He's such an unapologetic ass, and it was great to see him in his element and retaining his personality. A lot of the problem with typical shipping stories is that the characters get stupid and their personality makes drastic changes overnight to blend with the new relationship, and that didn't happen here at all. Tony is still Tony, and his consistent stupidity and eccentricities were great fun to read about.

Structuring this in the loosely connected scene format, somewhat like the Glee stories, was again a really cool move, and it helps to make your stories feel unique. It was honestly a little surprising to see your latest uploads start hitting around 4000 words or more, given how short the MLP one-shots are. However, I was totally right, and you can absolutely carry such a chapter/story of this length and still make it a joy to read. Your writing has always been great, but it's been getting better and better, especially lately.

I always love seeing the crazy one-shots and such that you come up with, and this one was no different. This was about the last thing I would have expected, but it was a great read, and I literally wouldn't change anything about it. Great flow, length, and progression, everyone was in-character, and the dialogue that was there was great. You do such awesome work with these stories, and I really hope that this one gets recognition, since it's so much fun and different from what most people would write. Really cool, fun little story.
goldfish-eyes chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Seriously, this is very well written. I can honestly say this is one of my favourite fics :)
littleFrog chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Oh my God was this GOOD! I want to go shoe-shopping like right now (to bad it is 00:02 P.M. here).

I love your stale and just have to check if you have written something else about Tony and Pepper. I really enjoyed it. Great!