Reviews for Broken
Swellison chapter 1 . 5/21
Hi,
Lisa is never going to be one of my favorite SPN characters, but this story does a good job of fleshing her out, as well as vividly portraying Dean's pain at losing Sam. it shows that Lisa's heart is in the right place as she tries to reach Dean and help him cope.

The flashback felt right and provided a sharp contrast to their present-day life. Off the top of my head, I don't think Dean mentioned how he met Lisa, but her comment about having a thing for the bad boys does conjure up a biker bar; this scene was very easy for me to visualize.
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 5/1
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review (April 2016):

Dean/Lisa is a hard couple to write, but you've done a good job encapsulating Lisa's intense frustration with her inability to help Dean heal. I especially liked the contrast between the flashback and the current scenes. You did a great job segueing into the flashback and coming back out of it. The stark difference between the Dean of old and the current Dean brought out Lisa's angst and her conflict. In fact, this felt like it could be part of a bigger piece. I wanted to see this play out, to find out how far Lisa got with her efforts to get Dean to deal with his pain.

I enjoyed this very much.

Woman of Letters
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 4/27
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - April 2016

This story was a nice insight into what Lisa was thinking and feeling those first few weeks after Dean showed up unexpectedly at her house, after he lost Sam. The way you described her pain at seeing the once carefree young man, now drowning in a pain he wouldn't share, was very visual and sad. The memory she had of how she met Dean was a nice touch too. I understand that this story was from Lisa's POV, but I would have liked to see a little more interaction between them, or just one paragraph from Dean's perspective, right before the finish. I think it would have rounded out the ending of the story a little more, and not felt like the story ended too quickly.
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 4/3
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review

This vignette has a great emotional feel, detailing the difficulties of dealing with someone so closed off and unwilling or unable to share. The use of the flashback in the middle was excellent, changing pace and tone and offering a solid background to the relationship that isn't for the rest of the story. Several parts suffered slightly from overly repetitious reinforcement of Lisa's thoughts and feelings about Dean being there, which while not enough to be so obstrusive as to derail the story, could use some judicious editing. The ending offered no resolution to the problems presented, instead seeming as if there was another instalment waiting to continue. That would be better addressed by having the characters come to a mutually agreed stand-off rather than a hanging ending.

Very good use of description and naturalistic dialogue made this an easy story to visualise and become involved in. Good work.
cfccfc chapter 1 . 3/6
I love how you wrote Lisa here. She was the right woman at the right time. Like Jensen, when I think of Dean happy and out of the hunting life, he is always with Lisa and Ben (and I don't care what she claims, Ben is Dean's). Thank you for sharing this.
jacedesbff chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Also very well done! (Thanks for telling me about it.) I find this period of Dean's life fascinating. I think he had (and still has) an even deeper desire for this life than Sam ever did b/c Dean never considered going after it whereas Sam did. This story captures the intensity of that time really well - thanks for sharing!
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Beautifully written and sensitive peek into Lisa's mind in probably the best and worst time of her life ;)

The only thing I'd suggest to look at in a general sense is letting the characters do more story-telling and having slightly less narration filling in time gaps - of course this does mean that your stories will get longer!

But as is, it's a really lovely view and I really liked how Dean met Lisa.

Congrats and keep writing!