Reviews for Yi Ya Huan Ya
Mori Yuki chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate the route you took with this fic. I'm Asian myself, and family is very important to us. I can see Kiku taking revenge for his brothers, even if his countrymen were the ones who perpetuated the crime. And he won't be angry, just cold...which makes it so. Much. Worse. Your characterization of how he feels about his family is wonderful.

"And, you see, mortals come and go, but I will have to look my brother in the eyes forever." Loved that statement.

What a birthday present for Yao...I definitely did not expect that! Great piece of writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/3/2014
Oh. Oh... Um.
...
But yeah, it is refreshing to see dark!Japan portrayed this way instead of as a crazy psycho rapist. I completely agree with your view of Japan as a person. Thank you for this.
OtakuofHorror chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
o.o Kuro?
Danielle: EE!
*smacks 2p! London* No, Dani!
*Danielle tears up then takes out her axes* I'll have Daddy turn you into cupcakes!
*runs away, the pink haired girl running after me*
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
I actually rather like this. Just for how fucked up it is. I'd like to be a lot more sensitive about the events, and your viewpoint with Japan as a character in it does not agree with me. But, of course, that's no reason for me to feel opposed - I don't.

Again. It's so fucked up. The wording. Not so much what was written, but how you wrote it at the end. "I love you too. You, stop snivelling. You're Japanese soldiers, try to die with dignity. Happy birthday, big brother."

It's so. Fucked. Up. I can see this stirring up controversy, and I can almost see myself as part of the mass, but I actually really love how you worded the last part. It goes in so many ways.

Everything else...well, it's a sensitive topic, so I'd like to tread lightly around it myself. So I won't be saying as much as I could be. But it's not bad. Good. Succinct. Well-worded.

Yep. The work overall is strong in mechanics and strategy. And, damn, do you go out with a bang.

PT
misfits98 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
I loved this! Especially how Japan really cared about China! And dark!japan was written really well!
LawlietLennoxLove chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I get the feeling Yao would extract a little more than just a few teeth...

But yes, I do love this. Family bonds prevail, huh.
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Ah, that was rather scary *shiver*. But I like this portrayal (no, I don't have a fetish). I too believe that though the Japanese Soldiers committed those acts, Kiku wouldn't have. and I know Asian families are really, REALLY close. I always want to believe kiku would choose his brothers over a few people. I know that's sort of harsh, but... I don't know, family always comes first, and that guy wasn't really much of a saint.

And though it was mostly horror, I liked the family bonds that shone through. Thank you for this story! It was great to read, especially after your story Mistakes, which I do hope you will continue to update and finish!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
I can imagine him snarling that last bit, 'Stop snivelling. You're Japanese soldiers, try to die with dignity.'

The cool anger, it takes so much to make Japan angry like this and although he probably never snarled in your story or should not given his values, there was no doubt how much he was boiling under his skin.

You have a talent for bringing things to light for what they are and not hiding back more then necessairy (to make sure as many people as possible can read it without needing go into excessive detail that could be flawed).

That was beautiful. It was beautiful for being twisted and showing bits of emotional expansion to our already loved Japanese.

Thank you, thank you for writing this, thank you.

As cruel as it is, if someone does not know they will know now. Sometimes messages of human rights being broken are better told through braking them and showing the consequences of unlimited hate. How it comes around full circle and has made it never ending.
aenysa chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I love the way this was written as a haunting, cruel monologue. Beautiful. Thank you.
Akirafanatic chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This may sound strange, but I really, really, really, really love this story. I can't stop smiling as I read it and laughing at some parts! You wrote this very well, and I really like reading good stories about dark Japan. I don't know why, but I do. Plz keep writing ~
Azkas19 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
A very well-executed abstract account of the Nanking Massacre (I believe you're referring to that). Your piece has undoubtedly struck a chord in me, and I empathize with China and Korea's suffering. Kiku's moral dilemma was insightful as someone who represents his nation, yet could only watch helplessly in the sidelines while one atrocity was committed after the next. All in all, a haunting fic. Thanks for sharing.
can'tthisjustbeleftblank chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This is way~~ beyond awesome!

I love it so much it's so cool!

You didn't really give details but it seriously didn't need it I could imagine how things went down on my own.

(I usually never review-u-")

v(•U•)v
Chronomentrophobia chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I think I had way too much fun imagining what came after this little monologue...also, I love that it's a fix-it fic!

I don't write Hetalia fanfic, but be sure to check on my buchou-san, Vatican City! (Is a shameless plug)