Reviews for You're Not Alone
TrapMasterWarrior chapter 18 . 6/11
"No one of any importance"
That hitchhikers guide reference-
Asp95 chapter 30 . 3/24
Hey, uh, not sure if this is frowned upon, but I just now created this account just so I can write this, haha. So yeah, to anyone else who is reading this, spoiler warning.
I want to start off by saying, wow, this is the best thing I've read in years. Better yet, the best experience I've had in a very long time. You have done justice to a franchise I have recently started to obsess over.
I would often come here to the archives to look for a story that would detail the attack on Fastoon since nothing was really said about it other than "it happened." As soon as I started reading, I knew this was something of quality, so I kept going even though I wasn't sure if this was what I was looking for. After a while, I found that I had been completely indulged into the narrative and wouldn't put it down.
I fell in love with the characters, they had personality. I started caring for them not long after I started reading. Everybody felt genuine and alive, they felt real. I was anxious when reading about their escape, I felt relief when they had boarded the cargo ship, felt crushed with Maia's supposed death, felt dread when the Enyd died, felt angst when Skyla got hurt, felt happy when Ratchet rescued Skyla, then felt devastated when Maia actually died. Going back to when we thought Maia first died along with Jaymz, I was pretty shocked how these beloved characters we came to know were killed off so unceremoniously but that also gave me the notion that nobody had Plot Immunity, which made me care and fear for the rest of the cast a lot more.
Then Chapter 13 came and hit me like a truck. The way the Memory Walk was written really got to me. From the perspective of an innocent child coming into the world trying to comprehend what was going on around her and seeing the tragic day from her perspective just broke my heart. It was too much for me, I choked up and cried, but pressed on. This was the moment I realized this had been exactly the type of story I've been looking for, and I didn't even know it. I never stopped reading. That choking feeling never left me as I read from there to the end in two sittings, only taking one break to sleep. I even starved myself, I did not want to stop. That sad and painful feeling is still there as I'm writing this. Nothing has messed me up this much since Mother 3, haha.
Now, I feel like I shouldn't mention this next point, but I'm going to just to describe how well you implemented it to the story. I have a very strong distaste for the use of canon characters in fan fiction. Yes, I know that is a very unfair and narrow-minded way to think considering that using already established characters is encouraged here and in fan fiction in general. But I'm more of a fan of originality, I want to learn about new characters in the vast populations of many of the species the R&C universe has to offer. That's what you did, and I love you for it. And That's not all. When Ratchet and his friends were finally introduced, I didn't even mind at all! You respected the characters and their personalities and I feel that you portrayed them very well, I was actually interested to see how they would interact with your characters.
I'm not a fan of having sexual tension just for the sake of having sexual tension, but you made it work. It didn't feel forced, it felt natural and during those particular awkward scenes you chose your words carefully, and I appreciate that a lot. You didn't create Skyla just to be a love interest for Ratchet, no. You created Skyla so she could be Skyla. While it was pretty obvious how she and Ratchet would end up once he was introduced, their relationship felt more like it was earned, and made sense. There was development, no haste.
Lastly, I want to say you did a phenomenal job with the character development here. I love all your characters. I'm sad that the journey is over, but happy that it happened. Thank you so very much for writing this. You're an incredible writer. Keep on keeping on.
The White Guardian chapter 30 . 1/24
(If you are reading this and have not yet read the story, this review contains spoilers)
After finishing the first story I started on this website, a fanfic named 'Epilogue', I noticed it's review count, and wondered where my story would be if I set the filter to 'reviews' rather than 'recently updated'. After getting my answer, I saw this story standing at the top as the most reviewed story in the entire archive, and I decided to read it. As soon as I started to read the first page I found myself unable to stop and read chapter after chapter.

Immediately I started to hate Baen and feel sympathy for Maia, Jaymz, but mostly Skyla: losing her parents in such a horrible way and being captured and sold as a slave at such a young age and therefor having no childhood whatsoever, and if that's not bad enough, being a slave it seemed like there wasn't really going to be a life for her either, something that truly saddened me.

Then, finally, the big escape, and Skyla and Maia finally feeling freedom (to some degree). I seriously cannot describe how amazingly well this story was written: it pulled me in so much that I actually saw the story before my eyes as if I was watching a movie, imagine my relief when they finally got away from that terrible place.

Then Maia's supposed death, Skyla's childhood and the Enyd... something told me that stuff was about to go south and it did: a race brutally being driven to extinction, Skyla hearing her mother die and crying beside the dead body, then brutally being taken away and sold as if she's not a living being but an item... it just really saddened me, and thus I was relieved when the rangers appeared and gave the bad guys a taste of their own medicine. But then, when Skyla has finally found another member of her species, she almost dies. While the chapter count told me that Skyla was going to be alright, I was on the edge of my seat. Frankly, I was at the edge of my seat through the entire story.

But then came the part where the plan of attack is discussed. Something told me that stuff was not going to go as planned, more specifically, Skyla or Maia getting into trouble. And I was right, Maia went missing and is discovered to be dying. That was so painful to read: Skyla has finally found the freedom she deserves, only to lose her closest friend, or so she thought, only to lose them again just a few days later.

And if that wasn't bad enough Baen made a run for it, and to make matters even worse, he took the 'crown of his collection' with him. How he sees people as posessions truly fed me up, so my heart skipped a beat when Baen took Skyla hostage and used her to force Ratchet to back off. So, Skyla beating the living daylights out of Baen, then Ratchet blowing his sorry mug off was oh so satisfying to read, but then comes the part where Maia dies... I won't lie, I cried. I can take a lot, but that was just a bit too much for me, so was Skyla's confession at Maia's final resting place.

And the ending, in which Skyla, used to having no freedom and being bossed around, finally finds love, and if that's not enough, there's the epilogue in which Skyla and Ratchet are happily married and have four children. That was just so wonderful to read. But, as happy as the ending made me feel, I was also very sad that the story ended.

All in all there is only one conclusion: this story truly deserves it's number one spot. This is by far one of the most wonderful and spectacular stories I have ever read. What I like most is how you see the characters grow. Take Skyla for instance: from a caged bird longing freedom to a happily married loving mother of four children. This story is by far one of the best ever to be posted on this website, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
Razor of DOOM chapter 5 . 12/5/2015
just rereading this when i saw 8 and 6 kilos
a kilo is 2.2 lbs
so 8 kilos is around 17 lbs
a gallon of milk weighs about 8 lbs
so luggin two gallons of milk 100 meters is kinda meh
Fairyhaven13 chapter 30 . 8/11/2015
This was so adorable, and sweet, and sad, and so full of feels that I cried twice. And SO many references! Star Trek and X-Men and prolly a ton I didn't recognize at all. It was beautiful. Now I really want to work on my own Lombax OC-it's writers like you who inspire me to do that stuff. D
Madi-Milkshakes chapter 29 . 5/25/2015
When I first read the story a while ago I fell in love with it. Now that I have created an account recently, I can finally tell you what an amazing writer you are! This story is one of my absolute favourites on this website :) You're writing style is incredible and descriptive. I found myself laughing and crying with Skyla and the other characters. When I read the last couple of chapters and Maia died I died as well (not literally of course), I felt like I was in you story and experienced everything you're characters did. I literally balled my eyes out so many times throughout his story I've lost count. The way in which you designed your Oc's - Skyla, Maia, Jamyz and even Baen (that evil bastard) is incredible. They're so in-depth and beautiful created. This has been a huge inspiration when I write my own stories and I'm sure it has inspired many more people too :)
StarRider152 chapter 30 . 1/22/2015
I really liked this story. My suggestion to you is to turn this into a sequel because this was great. I think u arse a good writer and everyone should read your stories :)
Niki Bogwater chapter 30 . 11/22/2014
There were parts I really enjoyed, but I had a couple of nitpicks about Baen's death. It doesn't seem quite as poignant a moment to just have Skyla shrug off his punishment on someone else. A sort of "I can't do the wrong thing, but it's totally okay if you do" thing. I understood Ratchet's desire for his death, but I kind of felt like it would have read smoother if Skyla had just run back to Maia, and Ratchet deliver justice on his own without her knowing. But that's only my opinion. Still, great story, definitely worth an hour or so of reading.
ratchetthe1s chapter 30 . 11/14/2014
I've read this twice now. And its still just as good! The feels make me hate you (in a good way) :P
Thanks again for this story - It really inspires me to write my own :)

And on a side note, could you please continue the sequel to this? Iys just as great as the first and I'm still waiting :3

But yeah - Thanks for writing such a great story :D
zenith88 chapter 30 . 10/17/2014
Wow, i just found this story two days ago and i could barely stop reading it
I just want to say thank you for giving us the ability to read such an awesome story ;)
Guest chapter 29 . 10/5/2014
I seriously censored love this censored story!
Runaway99.9 chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
This was a great first chapter as it captured my attention and held it to the end. I loved the mood of the scene and the development of the characters. You also remained true to many various themes displayed in the games. I'll be reading more soon.

On a side note, your grammar was also good, if not perfect. ;) I fear that grammar is becoming somewhat of a lost art when it comes to FanFictions. I'm glad you are paying attention to it.

Again, great job.
-Fiddlehoffer
epicdude129 chapter 13 . 3/1/2014
i can only say one thing for this chapter... WOW, you are the first writer (that i have seen) pull off something so amazingly stunning and heartbreaking and emotional WITHOUT ANY DIALAUGE. you can ask any of my friends i am normally not very emotional but this chapter nearly made me cry when skyla was crying, it takes a good writer to convey emotions through words like that. i salute you sir
ratchetthe1s chapter 29 . 1/12/2014
Wow... Just, Wow. That was one of the best things I've ever read - Better than actual published books!
So many feels throughout the whole thing and everything just fitted together so well. Great and on of the best fanfictions I've ever read.
Thanks for the story :)
RandCfanatic chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
This is the best R&C fanfic out there. I wish you would make a sequel.