Reviews for Gone
Emily92 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Ahh, I'm such a sucker for angst. I think it captures something true...life isn't always all rainbows and butterflies, you know?

That being said, this was so beautifully sad and I loved it. I can definitely see Castle feeling along these lines, perhaps after the events of the s3 finale. Did you have a specific timeline in mind when you wrote this?
Anyway, your words are beautiful. Favorite line ever? "She was still a ghost of a woman and, somehow, in her wake she created a phantom of a man."

And those last few lines...ahh! I appreciated the lack of specifics, as it makes it all the more intriguing.
Laby Anne Boleyn chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I'm a big fan of deep and dark, but I'm lost when it comes to the ending. Sorry.
Fluffybird chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
intrigued!
lacy curtains chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Well, I can certainly follow Castle's thoughts here. He is living half a life, living off of crumbs, and going home alone. For what, 9 months, a year? After he's told her and also wrote that acknowledgement in his book that was code for them that he loved her.

Guilt, most of which is undeserved, as well as uncertainty, lack of being cared for in return-I can see him falling apart on the show, so I can definitely see him lose hope here. If I were his mother or Alexis, I would be ready to read to talk to Det. Beckett about hurting my loved one so much.

She is sucking the life out of him, at least it seems that way on the show. He's certainly not the Rick Castle he used to be.

So, I hope you continue on, wherever this story takes you.
CileSuns92 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Okay. This needs something more. I need something more. I promised not to read any more Castle, but then, this is awesome. Even if it's a one-shot ;)
mendenbar chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I certainly hope that there will be more to this. That's a terrible place to stop otherwise.