Reviews for The Greatest Man I Never Knew
Angellec chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
I have never read a story that shows a good light on Robo Sam and I have to say that I really liked it,you did a better job than the show.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Great story
cold kagome chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
omg.. wow it made me cry.. awwwe
Giacinta chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I can't say I'm a great fan of John's ( though he is yummy )and although your story paints him in a better light, I still think he was too harsh with his sons.

If they had been older and more able to understand, it wouldn't have been so bad but six months and four years is a little early to start toughening up your children.

However I loved your story and I am particularly fond of soulless Sam, as even without a soul he was drawn to that which was most important to him-Dean. :)
casammy chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
It would give what is for seeing again JW together with dean and sammy, if they all those who die return for that demons do not bring again john
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
This story was an awesome take on what John was thinking and feeling while raising his boys. It helps to explain how he could be such a prick one moment, then show his pride and love in the next. Instead of just being a mess from the demon killing Mary, he was discovering things about the demon's plans, and trying to do what was best for his boys. I really enjoyed this story, and the objective viewpoint of Soulless Sam, as well as the reasoning behind John's actions.

Thanks so much! Great story! :D
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I enjoyed your story of soul-less Sam getting to find his Dad's letter and finding out that his grandfather hated his father. I really felt for RoboSam because he did his best for a long time with no soul and he seemed to know he was damaged somehow but not sure fixing it would be good.

That is a very interesting take on Samuel Campbell's view of JOhn and that John got predator vibes off Samuel's brother in addition to thinking that he might try and gain custody of his nephews.

It does seem that a hunter father who would sell out to a demon in order to get his daughter rather than his wife back might well have had an irrational jealousy over her that would make him resent rather than love her children.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
You did an outstanding tribute to John. I really liked him and understood him. Loved how you wrote the Campbells and it probably helped Sam to find all this out while he was robosam. I would love to know what Dean's letter said!
SandyDee84 chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I love this take on John - there's so much more to him, and I love the idea that everything he did was really his way of protecting his sons. The recent John bashing on the show made me crave some Caring John fics and yours fit the bill perfectly
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
WOW! I actually felt sympathetic toward John in this! You have successfully given the man a more 'grey-area' feel. It was also sweet to see Sam-in spite of loss of soul-feel something toward his late father.

I have no doubt in my mind that Mary would have strung John up by his gonads and slapped him senseless for dragging Dean and Sam into the hunting life. but I totally see why he had to do it-well, maybe moreso than John knew himself. Dean and Sam weren't just human, but angelic vessels and as much a force as the Four Horseman. Can you imagine how John might feel were he to come back from the dead and see his sons now? (that is, Dean, barely coping, Sam, insane) It chills me to think on it.

Good, good story, Tammy! Thank you! :D
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
This was excellent. And nice to see RoboSam actually have something of an emotional moment.
cappy712 chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Damn that was good. Interesting that you could almost get the sense that it was in line with the book One Year Gone as well.

I don't know if you've read the book yet but I highly recommend that book, it was very enlightening.

Thank you for that story, I really enjoyed it, in fact had tears with it too!
judyann chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Wow I loved it. Great story and really loved how you told it.