Reviews for The Journal of Dr Martin Ellingham
Boots1980 chapter 31 . 37m
The fates bring another terrible day to Doc Martin.
Bonnie Raper chapter 31 . 3h
I don't usually write reviews until I finish the story but I want to compliment you on "getting" Doc's misery down on paper. He really is a miserable sod. Well done.
fanficfan71 chapter 31 . 6h
Not a peaceful time for Martin. Thanks for the update.
Bonnie Raper chapter 30 . 8/9
I finished what you've written so far and enjoyed it very much. It's interesting to go inside Doc' head .Are you going to write more chapters? I hope so.

This is not a criticism, just an observation. The Doc displayed emotion when he heard the babies heart beat and saw the ultra-sound. I think he realized he loved his child then.
Bonnie Raper chapter 1 . 8/7
Getting ready to read this as soon as I finish 8. This looks very interesting
Boots1980 chapter 30 . 3/16
With Martin's blood phobia ever on his mind, it is interesting that he constantly uses the expletive"bloody."
reallybodmin chapter 30 . 3/16
Good. Glad he didn't consult her.
fanficfan71 chapter 30 . 3/13
Definitely no need to consult with Edith. Thanks for the update. Nice chapter.
Boots1980 chapter 29 . 11/18/2014
Martin is not tired, he is crabby!
fanficfan71 chapter 29 . 11/17/2014
I'm not surprised Martin is feeling worn out. Thanks for the update.
fanficfan71 chapter 28 . 8/11/2014
Great update. I look forward to reading more on Martin's thoughts for season 4.
Boots1980 chapter 28 . 8/11/2014
Martin's thoughts on the downward trajectory of his life give us hope that he can right himself again. This chapter set the pattern for the right people turning up to offer the help Martin eachews . Now it is Edith Montgomery and Chris Parsons. Later it will be Aunt Ruth and Louisa
Guest chapter 26 . 7/6/2014
Only one minor quibble and perhaps I misunderstood what you wrote. But I didn't see Martin being upset that Louisa had made "the ridiculous and irrational assumption" that she had been invited to spend the night after he cooked dinner for them. If anything, he was delighted she wanted too. That is one of my all-time favorite scenes and for me there is only one way to interpret it.
Petworth chapter 27 . 7/7/2014
Oh, this made the laugh. Who knew that Martin had a sense of humour. After his recount of the events of the day, I can understand why he decided against tempting fate.
Chapin chapter 27 . 7/7/2014
No wonder it has taken so long to post this. It is one of two episodes I will not watch again. It is just too painful.