Reviews for The Journal of Dr Martin Ellingham
Boots1980 chapter 29 . 11/18/2014
Martin is not tired, he is crabby!
fanficfan71 chapter 29 . 11/17/2014
I'm not surprised Martin is feeling worn out. Thanks for the update.
fanficfan71 chapter 28 . 8/11/2014
Great update. I look forward to reading more on Martin's thoughts for season 4.
Boots1980 chapter 28 . 8/11/2014
Martin's thoughts on the downward trajectory of his life give us hope that he can right himself again. This chapter set the pattern for the right people turning up to offer the help Martin eachews . Now it is Edith Montgomery and Chris Parsons. Later it will be Aunt Ruth and Louisa
Guest chapter 26 . 7/6/2014
Only one minor quibble and perhaps I misunderstood what you wrote. But I didn't see Martin being upset that Louisa had made "the ridiculous and irrational assumption" that she had been invited to spend the night after he cooked dinner for them. If anything, he was delighted she wanted too. That is one of my all-time favorite scenes and for me there is only one way to interpret it.
Petworth chapter 27 . 7/7/2014
Oh, this made the laugh. Who knew that Martin had a sense of humour. After his recount of the events of the day, I can understand why he decided against tempting fate.
Chapin chapter 27 . 7/7/2014
No wonder it has taken so long to post this. It is one of two episodes I will not watch again. It is just too painful.
fanficfan71 chapter 27 . 7/6/2014
A hard period of time in their lives. It was good to have a re-cap of then as we look at them now in season 6.
Boots1980 chapter 27 . 7/6/2014
A revisit of a painful day for Martin, but he rightly concluded that he was not yet ready to marry Louisa
Boots1980 chapter 26 . 2/17/2014
Yes nasal strips are the only thing needed to allow Martin and Louisa to share a bed for the rest of their lives! :) :)
fanficfan71 chapter 26 . 2/14/2014
Poor Martin, oblivous as ever when it came to the nasal strips. Nice update.
Boots1980 chapter 25 . 11/26/2013
Martin "will not miss the uncertainty" of their interactions and it is a "huge relief" to have that part of his life behind him. If only, if only. Thank you for the sweet return to what might have been
fanficfan71 chapter 25 . 11/23/2013
Well written. Interesting to read Martin's point of view of this occasion.
dorgenois chapter 24 . 10/28/2013
That was well worth the wait, you know how to make the Doc sound so doggone funny. I imagine him saying the things you write.

The bit about Louisa and her fickleness, she wanted him to come to the party but she wanted to make him say why he wanted to come to the party. You said she insisted on playing mind games, so true.

I just love your recaps they are priceless.

Thanks for all the fun you bring!
Boots1980 chapter 24 . 10/28/2013
Loved your last paragraph. Who knew Martin was so self-aware?