Reviews for Political Realities
Krulla Chief chapter 1 . 6/19
Was this before or after her tickertape parade that was given to her by Gotham?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
"gorden too upset"

he gave up *real* easy...
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Hahahahaha

10/10
conan.lagace chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
this was kinda fucking great
majorshane chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
Damn! I'd love to see Batmans reaction to this!
sarista wow chapter 1 . 5/20/2015
That was glorious, all of it, every last word :D
CelticReaper chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
i like
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
Very nice story, short, but covers everything needed, original and entertaining. Well done!
OBSERVER01 chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
quite good
Broken Ascendent chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
Ha, Glorious
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
I guess you could consider this proof that the system works.
Moka-girl chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
Wow. That was brilliant.
ShineX chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Nice lol, I like it and could definitely see it in a rl setting (dc probably would have her go to jail :/)
Rythik74 chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Wow, that is certainly an interesting read.
Red Sky at Morning chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
Despite some of the comments of other reviewers, I think you got Gordon's characterization spot on. Yes, he hates the Joker and understands the desire to just rid the world of the piece of slime. However, Gordon has always upheld the law and always respects the Bats as long as they (mostly) work within that law. Murder is a no-no, despite how much the victim deserved it, and especially when the killer can't even plausibly try to claim self-defense.

Moreover, I think Gordon sees at least one thing that many other people do not: the legal implication of letting capes literally get away with murder. The American legal system is largely based in precedent; that is, what other judges have ruled on similar cases. When in doubt about how to proceed, judges are supposed to review similar cases, decide if the precedent set by them is applicable, and - if it is - then follow it. If the Gotham courts acquit Helena/Huntress on the grounds that killing the Joker was justified, that sets the precedent for capes being authority figures who can decide who lives and who dies.

At that point it's very easy to envision the slippery slope. What would be next, Superman dropping Toyman from skyscraper heights (as happened in DC's animated movie 'Superman: Doomsday')? Or maybe The Flash would finally get rid of Professor Zoom once and for all? Or maybe the Justice League could decide that executing repeat offenders completely removes risk of them inevitably escaping from cardboard prisons?

Granted that the majority of the capes have hearts of gold (as evidenced by the fact that they haven't simply killed off the repeat offenders already; I know I probably would have if I were in their place) and that slippery slope may well never come to pass, but I think Gordon sees what could be. I think Gordon sees a possibility of people handing the capes so much power that the Justice Lords end up created not through force, but through blind adoration and apathy.

All in all, a brilliant look at what could be. Amazing.