Reviews for Send Me Away With a Song
FuN FiFi chapter 1 . 2/11
Awww...I'm a sucker for tragic friendship/romance stories too! They make for an excellent reading! :-)

Moreover, I like how you've made Hermione more musical, if that makes any sense. Her sending away Harry with a song that connects them, in more ways than one, is a perfectly bittersweet moment between them! And that as we all know is sadly true...Harry and Hermione will always be considered star-crossed lovers in the HP series (even though they never got together in that way)!
ejecily chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
"Tragic friendships that never became romances", indeed. T_T
I have a special place in my heart for music. And so will this story.
Great read :) Thank you!
Aquamarinelightnight chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Terrific although I kept reading it as send me away with a snog not song
themergitonian chapter 1 . 1/13/2014
Good story
Toby860 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Brings tears to my eyes.
deleted9 chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Well, that was just...sweet and depressing, but loved it!
Runecutter chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
why had it to end?

why had it to end so SAD?
madbrad chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
What a lovely little story! Although, yes, a bit of a downer.

Harry seemed a little stand-offish from Hermione in the first segment; I found myself wondering if their moonlight meeting was before they became friends after the Troll incident. His "considering how nice Hermione was to him" was a *deliberate* thought that wouldn't really occur between two *friends*; the friendship would make such things automatic, without needing such measured rumination. Still, it was nice to think of them sitting side-by-side, no matter how they go there. :-)

The second scene was full of pathos. That movie line - "I'll go with you" - it has enough strength in it to support a battleship. Although you did as good a job as you could I'm not *quite* sure that this Hermione could have just whistled as her best friend walked away to his death. I wonder if there's anything you could have done to strengthen that up a little more? Have Harry force Hermione to *promise* to stay behind and attend to Nagini, etc? Mix the whistling up with some tears? Have it falter as Harry moves out of distance?

Still, a very moving little story, thank you.

Okay, you need to write a sequel, a third scene, one with Hermione whistling when Harry comes to her on their wedding night. I mean, we know he survived his 'death', after all, right? And you avoided the R/Hr movie kiss, so we know Hermione would have latched on to Harry as soon as he got back and never let him go again. Yes? :-)
sonea91 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Wow! Very sweet story, in a sad way. I think Hermione's "melancholic" is the best word to describe the atmosphere of this one-shot, which you described beautifully.

Then again, for me this story is not an end to a bittersweet love story, but rather the beginning) So great work, I very much enjoyed reading this.
JazzGirl123 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
That's so sweet. Loved it!
GBTtown chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Damn, just when I get through teasing you about the low-brow humor you use in one of your stories, you go and write something good like this one!

Great little one-shot.
lkhpmicah chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
This story was so bittersweet. I like it. It's filled with emotion.
iu-atticus chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
So, normally, most things don't get to me. But oddly enough, in my sleep deprived state, this actually made me cry. The things that never are seemingly always get to me a little more than those moments where things finally come together. Knowing it's something that can never be just hits me hard, since I've been in a similar situation so I know what it's like to love someone and never truly get a chance to explore it.

I truly enjoyed this simple oneshot. Thank you for writing this. Cheers.
Booklvr.Annie chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Very sad but sweet.
girkwhowishesshehadadragontato chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Beautifully written. A bit cannon, which I like, but very haunting. Thank you for sharing it