Reviews for Chance Encounter
JasperK chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Good bromance is awesome. Grinned my way through this. I love the way Wolfwood and Vash vibe off each other. Loved this line at the end: "I don't know what my face looks like as I'm processing all of this, but it's probably hilarious, because he's laughing right at it."
wolf of infinity chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
I really like this little story! Their relationship certainly is a fascinating one, and I was happy to find a fic that focuses on the beginning of this relationship. I feel that you did both the characters justice with this, and I very much enjoyed reading it! :) Keep up the good work!
toeki chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
good job, very in character for both of them. i like wolfwoods narrating tone, and it seems he is a good observer here, tooo.
Neversaid-I-Madesense chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
Okay, can I just officially declare that I love how you write these two? 8D
Systemxyz chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Fantastic!
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
That's it, I just really love the way you write Wolfwood! And Vash too. :)
Sugar Pill chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
I really liked this. I've always wondered what that lunch would be like... and you captured it pretty perfectly! The whole thing just sounds so... Wolfwood for lack of better term, the way you wrote his narration is spot-on to me. Casual but suspicious, ruthless but compassionate. And funny! I laughed more than a few times.

I absolutely love the first few paragraphs. As readers I think we forget sometimes how famous Vash really is on Gunsmoke. It would be like meeting a movie star... that also happens to be a mass murderer... and then becoming friends with them. I especially like how Wolfwood wonders how he must look being so peachy keen about the situation.

I like how Vash tests Wolfwood to get a better read on him. These two are constantly doing this in the manga (both as a joke and deathly seriously), so of course it had to start somewhere. And of course Vash is aware Wolfwood nearly kills him right then and there, but laughs anyway.

Also, interesting how Wolfwood already knows who Legato is. In the manga, Wolfwood claims he doesn't know who Vash is talking about, and it isn't really implied he was lying (at least I think not... it's been a while since I last read it). But it makes sense Wolfwood would know, and that he would lie to Vash about that, since he's already suspicious enough. It adds another layer to the deception between them.

This was my favorite part: "...making it easy for me to inconspicuously do the same with my gun while trying to maintain the sort of a face an actual unarmed priest would have if he had just managed to piss off Vash the Stampede. The scared shitless face, which is in my case – not to brag, but – probably kind of rusty." It made me laugh, Wolfwood trying hard to not look like trying hard to pretend he's an elite assassin. :)

So there's a series of vignettes in the same vein coming soon? Like, real soon, right? I'll definitely be looking for them! Excellent job!
Volch chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I just want to say that I was grinning like an idiot throughout this thing.

You nailed their characterization.
beinghere chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I loved it. Such a refreshing read!