Reviews for Those Gilded Chains We Wear
Hi! It's been awhile. I've dropped a couple comments in past chapters, because this story is still a holy bellamione fic of absolute god status incredible-ness (TM). I have a proposal. What if you finished it? Or, maybe, you're not feeling the past chapters and you could do a revamp of the fic and then finish that one. Either way, this story is still such a god tier story and I'd love to see where you were going! Thank you for the wonderful 42 chapters!
alycianna chapter 42 . 1/30
This is by far one of my favorite fanfictions. It's one that I keep coming back to time and time again. Although I'd love to have more of the fluffy portion of the story to read, I'm happy the story exists as it is. Also the way the story is written along with its precise grammar makes it very pleasant to read. Thank you.
migimigi1258 chapter 42 . 1/21
this is my favorite fanfic the background story the world building, I hated bellatrix before this and now I love her wtf have u done to me
migimigi1258 chapter 22 . 1/20
I absolutely love this
Allyon chapter 42 . 1/16
EriEka127 chapter 42 . 1/6
I loved this! Really sorry to see this fic seems to be abandoned though.
tinyshibawolf chapter 42 . 12/26/2020
Really amazing this story and thank u for not giving up on it i dont know if ya still intend to finish it or when it will be finished but I cant wait.
drunkenfucker chapter 42 . 11/15/2020
Wow... What a story to have witnessed! This is truly a marvelous piece of literature. I hope you’re doing okay wherever you are in the world, whatever you’re doing, dear author. Thank you for writing this story. Giving it a follow in the slightest hope there will ever be another update. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.
Hm chapter 10 . 11/14/2020
I just realized that if Bellatrix has gotten the dementors kiss, Hermione still would have survived.
Jesseburnett chapter 32 . 11/10/2020
best HP fic out there. that's not my opinion, that's a fact. oh and btw, a pureblood household (mansionhold?) doesn't having a bunch of house elves, it only has one. that's the whole point of the concept of Rowling's 'house elves', their magic is so innate, they can take care of any household chores with literally a snap of their fingers. more than one would just be redundant.
mary chapter 42 . 11/10/2020
i reread this fic every few months or so and it never gets old. i would love if it were to be updated, but i am intent to let you know that this is one of the best.
itsallverysapphic chapter 25 . 10/26/2020
i haaaaate this part when she cuts her hair, i’m just gonna pretend it doesn’t exist
Guest chapter 42 . 10/1/2020
Does anyone else *just know* that Ginny *accidentally * hits bludgers at Bellatrix at her games? Bc the friend dynamic of Ginny and Black is now a thing in my head.
AncientUrn chapter 10 . 9/29/2020
I come back to this chapter and reread it from time to time. It is really well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2020
I don’t know if anyone will read this but this hope you the best of days. This fanfic is absolutely massive, bigger than the first book, the second, the third and nearly the fourth. It is wonderful, the story develops and it’s painfully unfinished. It probably won’t be updated but one can hope! The reason why I’m so sure it won’t update is because of two reasons. One, time. She hasn’t updated for YEARS. Secondly, I’m pretty sure I know what happened behind the scenes. She had buffer chapters ready, (Noted in chapter 30-32) and 42 was the last one. She said so in those 30-ish chapters. Well, once she did run out (at 42), she probably did try to write. Except she kept on getting distracted, and when she finally had time, she just...lost her passion for writing. I don’t think she realized how many lives she changed, from across the world (literally) and it’s sad that it ended with such a causal, hopeful note. We finally just got that perfect ending we wanted and it just stops. It’s so ironic though, she says “This took a while. Not giving up though!” And guess what the final quote was? “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, and some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and
making the best of it, without knowing whats going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity.” So I’m going to put my 2 cents in, my 2 theories in this case.

1. She genuinely didn’t finish, lost her passion, her flame. This seems the most likely and really just gives hope for us. Maybe she will come back, look back and write a conclusion.

2. Here’s my other theory, she intended for it to end at 42. Here’s my evidence. First off, that quote. It just seems really suspicious that she posted a quote that talks about a perfect ending, without a “clear beginning, middle or end”. Emphasis on “end”. This could be her hint that it did end there. Another thing is the chapter itself. This one is more speculation but the chapter was like something that happened out of a normal life. After all of those battles, they just started settling down, which is what normal life is. There is no conclusion, the stories live on, even after death and a persons life isn’t marked by there...life. Their legacy is a huge part. So that casual chapter which is just so different from the normal one could be a big hint. I don’t think I explained that well. It basically means a normal life is what she intended.

Finally, here is my second iteration of that theory. She might have tried to come back but she realized that writing a half-baked chapter was going to be an end, but never a good end. It just doesn’t feel right, so actually, as Im righting this, I realize I think I might actually like it without an end.

Thanks for reading this extremely long post and please check out the website “TGCWW is our word and world”. People are still active there and there is a discord.
2,662 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »