Reviews for Veritatem Dies Aperit
Drag0nst0rm chapter 5 . 3/22
Reading back through this chapter, SecNav's threats reminded me of a time something similar happened on Bones and the team was just like, "OK. Sure. Fire us. I mean, we're the best in our fields and most of us are independently wealthy, but if it makes you happy . . . ."
And I realized that it would be easy to do the same here. (Note: I'm not criticizing here. I've no idea how much of this was established when you wrote your story, and it wouldn't have worked for the themes of this one anyway.)
But imagine: Ducky's hugely wealthy after his mother's death. Palmer s wife's family is esger for him to come work for them, and he'd make more there anyway. A woman like Ziva will always have options, and a slight AU could leave McGee wealthy from him book sales. Abby could get work anywhere, and another AU where Uncle Clive DID leave everything to Tony . . .
That still leaves Gibbs, but Gibbs flat out would not care.
So, SecNav threatens. Gibbs lays all this out. SecNav is left gaping.
*Coughs* Sorry about that. I just needed a smile after all the wonderful angst of your story. I've been going back through and rereading my favorite parts. Good luck with your writing!
pianomouse chapter 21 . 3/13
Thank you for this wonderful story, I can't say which ending is my favorite, I loved both.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/23/2016
I prefer version two - I feel like Tony wouldn't be inclined to just stick around as a senior agent after that, he'd want more.
Plus... Who would want to work for Jarvis after being screwed by the man twice?
Catalina Leigh chapter 21 . 4/12/2016
Wow. That was intense. Unlike any other story I've read. Really good. You did a great job, and I feel like you kept the characters in character for that set of circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I loved the first epilogue and would love a sequel to know how Tony coming back goes, but I'm content with the second epilogue as well. As for the forgiveness part, I believe you showed Tony's struggle well. Though he understood the reasonings that didn't make it any easier, and I think you did a great job portraying that, while he wasn't going to just forgive and forget, there was too much good history to just throw away. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you.
Drag0nst0rm chapter 15 . 3/22/2016
I love rhe intense emotion of this story. Fingers crossed that SecNav doesn't get away with it.
bjq chapter 21 . 2/1/2016
FABS
Guest chapter 21 . 9/27/2015
You wrote this a long time ago, but I had to tell you how great it was. Your idea to write two epilogues was fantastic; I only wish we knew what happened to everyone [esp Tony & Gibbs] after Tony left. I want to read more of your stories; hope they're as good as this one !
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Intriguing beginning.
Anon chapter 21 . 1/19/2015
Funny to be commenting on a story completed years ago. Good story, well-written. I find this second version to be more realistic than version one, or maybe that's just bias as to how I'd feel. Tony is very forgiving though, dangerously so, so maybe version one is right. Dunno. Anyway, great work.
lmill123 chapter 21 . 12/22/2014
You know it would have served Vance, SecNav and the higher ups if one of Tony's frat brothers was a top attorney and sued them all for several million. After all they ruined his life and his career just to earn some more power and it's something they all richly deserve. That would have been fun to see, all those big wigs being kicked out of their jobs and their little games blowing up in their faces.
lmill123 chapter 11 . 10/25/2014
You know if Tony would have used his brain since it was SecNav that set him up and tried to ruin his career just to make brownie points . Tony really should have hired an attorney and sued the hell out of SecNav and left him with nothing and without a job.
Grandma chapter 13 . 10/3/2014
Right on, Tony! He deserved that punch...
Grandma chapter 4 . 10/3/2014
Rule 5 : Yeah, but he did it anyway...wasted good(Tony)...
F*** them all!
Grandma chapter 3 . 10/3/2014
This is such a great story...Bravo to you!
Guest chapter 21 . 7/15/2014