Reviews for Rocket Science
Guest chapter 10 . 9/15/2014
Oh what a wonderful happy ending!
SuperVikinggirl chapter 11 . 7/21/2014
Just finished 'Rocket Science'...I loved it! Great story! I'm gonna read 'Remembering joy' next! Thanks so much for writing!
freedomfly chapter 10 . 2/21/2014
Hi. I don't know if you are still monitoring this account but wanted to say thank you for this story.
Think the way Sam's SCI is portray is realistic compared to some where the person is in a wheelchair and nothing else is wrong. Also the way you wrote about TJ's bulimia really touched me. Shows that it's good to have someone to talk to about it and other irrational fears. Just need to find my Sam.
Got the final part to read.
CommChatter chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
Yay, they're engaged! I'm really enjoying this series so far!
deanstheman chapter 10 . 2/18/2013
Hi :) I read this yesterday but a) was on my phone and it's too painstaking to try and leave a thorough review on the phone and b) I started reading and couldn't stop until I was done so I have to apologize for the one review at the end instead of all the way through.

First off, I have to say - I LOVED Rocket! He needs to join the canon show :) I absolutely adored Dean's initial resistance to grudging tolerance to hidden affection for him. Sam, naturally, loved him right off the bat, as our Sammy would.

What an original case! Certainly raises some fascinating moral dilemas, doesn't it? Imagine if there really were vamps and shapeshifters. I had never even thought of it but it so makes sense someone would have gone that route by now. And Gordon Walkwe was the perfect hunter to do just that. he actually took pleasure in killing the fuglies and would have no problem torturing them first. I like how you didn't completely villify him (because caqnon Gordon did have his own 'moral' code and wasn't a complete prick right across the board, which is often how he is portrayed in fanfic). You left subtle touches in there that kept him human (like not liking the ACO jerk's use of the word 'cripple').

I loved the way Sam proposed. That was a wonderful scene! It just seemed very real and plausible on how he would do it. Dean and Heather's relationship was very well done also - Dean was very in character. You said you sucked at writing Dean - most definitely NOT! :)

This story was a very good relationship story on three counts (Sam-TJ, Dean-Heather, Sam-Dean). Well-balanced and convincing and in character on all fronts. It was nice to see the progress being made with Sam-TJ in the background while getting a good look at Dean-Heather (which we got to see in the background in Redefining Joy).

I can't leave a review without again pointing out how astounding your research is. Granted, it could be all completely wrong since I know absolutely NOTHING about anything medical-related, lol, but it is very thorough and convincing and above all (which is the real kicker), it is fascinating to read without EVER getting boring or over-complicated. You somehow manage to make all the details interesting and have them add wonderfully to the story. Keep in mind this is the stuff they skip over very quickly in (crappy) shows like Greys Anatomy because nobody really wants to hear it and it doesn't really matter to their plotlines anyway. You manage to make us understand and experience the injured party's problems right along with them. That is no small feat. Kudos.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/31/2012
OK, so I belong to an SPN FF page on Facebook that only has about 20 members. But we all recommend any really good FF stories that we run across so the other members can enjoy them, too. This story (Rocket Science) was recommended. I don't usually enjoy Sam-centric stories (I am a committed Deangirl) or AU, but somehow your story really hooked me!

I don't even notice how much time has passed as I sit reading one chapter after another! Before I know it, like six hours have passed!

This is REALLY addictive. As soon as I finally finished Rocket Science, I didn't even hesitate to jump back to Redefining Joy. I thoroughly enjoy your writing style and think you are spot on writing dialogue for these characters (no small feat). I was thrilled that you brought Bobby in to Redefining Joy and felt that his down-to-earth approach worked wonderfully within your story.

Finally finished Redefining Joy last night at 3:00 a.m. but HAD to go to sleep! Now I am on to the third installment - Remembering Joy, but someone metioned that one is not finished yet? I noticed it has like a bizillion chapters (not complaining, mind you! I love long stories if they are really well written, as yours are) but I am sincerely hoping that you won't leave me hanging once I reach the last published chapter.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking the time to write these stories. I recognize how much effort this must take but your faithful readers are hanging on your every word! ;-)

P.S. If it matters at all, the other members of my SPN FF Facebook page are all raving about these stories!
lullys chapter 10 . 12/28/2012
Jen, this fic was AMAZING too! You've told me this one wasn't as good as the first because wasn't all about Sam, but there was a lot of him and the whole story was awesome! How could I not read it and skip to the last chapter? I was as hooked by it as I was with Redefining Joy... thanks again for an amazing story, and now I go to the third one, I think I have no more emotions left... I really really loved this one, and the last scene between Sam and Dean... AMAZING!
Valkyrja.Dev chapter 11 . 7/30/2012
WTG, Girl!... you did it again! jajajja
wonderful story. Looooved it!
Thanks a lot
The.Impala's.Trunk chapter 10 . 5/31/2012
This took me a day to read, because, once again, I was totally hooked! :P This story was great in the fact that it balanced Sam's relationship and TJ, Dean's with Heather's, and then on top of all that Sam and Dean's too. Throw Gordon Walker and the usual tempting moral dilemmas into the mix, and you've got yourself a story!

Great job. I'll look forward to starting Remembering Joy tomorrow lol! :)
Dee2436 chapter 11 . 5/29/2012
Not overkill. I definitely appreciate the author note. I wouldn't want to miss your new fic!
Karatekicker chapter 10 . 4/9/2012
I just saw that you had a sequel posted, I read it all in an hout and a half. I loved it! And there's another one coming soon, yeah! Wonderful story, very well written and intresting. Can't wait for the next installment!
ElizaT chapter 10 . 4/4/2012
Me desculpa por demorar tanto pra comentar... desculpa desculpa desculpa!

Esse fim foi tão lindo, tão perfeito! eu até pude ver ele tremer na hora de pedir TJ em casamento...

Mas a parte mais linda desse capítulo foi TJ chateada porque sam escondeu coisas dela... foi tão tão tão fofo...

Tem uma garota lá na universidade que parece com TJ... ela é alta (óbvio) e, o que mais me lembra TJ, o rabo de cavalo dela sempre cai porque o cabelo é muito liso... rsrsrsr

Você me deixou curiosa (MUITO, MUITO, MUITO curiosa), sobre a "perda de memória"... não tenho ideia nem de quem é que vai perder a memória!

Você quer me torturar, não é? MAIO? é muito tempo! mas eu entendo... então esperarei até maio ansiosamente! rsrsrsr

Beijos!
murphy9202 chapter 10 . 4/2/2012
Great ending to the story. I am so happy Sam and TJ got engaged. Can't wait for the next story!
ratgirl chapter 10 . 4/1/2012
Wonderful story! You blended in science beautify.
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 10 . 3/28/2012
Great finish to the story! I love that Heather and Dean are back together. Is another wedding proposal in the future?

Sam proposing to TJ was great!

Looking forward to the next story! Drop a line if you need help.